I ordered these from Fun Collectables and they are the Official Rainbow Loom ones, I've checked thoroughly.

Overall I am pleased with these but gave 4 stars simply because the description is not clear enough as they are not all opaque bands in the bag.

Published 1 month ago by BelladonnaWolfsbane

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap imitation bands sent
The bands sent were not official rainbow bands per the photo but cheap imitation bands which you can pick up for 99p in a lot of discount stores. Just be aware of what you are purchasing. The cheap imitation bands break easily. You get what you pay for - or in this case - you don't even get that!!!
Published 3 months ago by Picky Shopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap imitation bands sent, 21 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKES., 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
As with most of the other reviewers. These are NOT official Rainbow Loom bands despite the picture. They are cheap copies. AVOID.

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have read the reviews first, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
As most others are saying these are NOT ORIGINAL Rainbow Loom bands as the seller misleadingly states. If I wanted fake bands I could have got them at a third of the cost. Written to seller for explaination.

1.0 out of 5 stars immitations sold falsely, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
Warning! Not the official item. Very annoyed. It was for s birthday present. Not as pictured. I wanted the official brand's

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
These were NOT the official Rainbow Loom accessories and did not come with the C clips as stated. Supplied with inferior S clips instead. My daughter was disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Bands!!! Don't Buy!!, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
Don't bother buying these! They're not genuine Rainbow loom bands, they're fake ones and can get much better elsewhere for 1....

1.0 out of 5 stars FALSE ADVERTISING!!, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
Not official Loom Bands, poor quality "DIY Party Rubber Bands". Very disappointed, and would suggest an issue for Trading Standards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misold, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
I ordered 2 packs of these - now for each of my daughters. I have bought the pack many times before from a variety of amazon sellers. My girls were eagerly awaiting 600 OFFICIAL RAINBOW LOOM BANDS AND 24 C CLIPS. We received 300 SECOND RATE bands ('diy party bands') with 12 s clips. They were totally disappointed and I am furious. They are worth a fraction of what I paid for and I feel I have been utterly scammed. I am waiting to hear from the vendor.
Do not buy these bands from this seller. They are being sold under false pretences.

1.0 out of 5 stars not even good fake, 27 Jun 2014
Anthony Brown (LONDON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)
I got this through the Amazon Market Place Fashion High Street less than 2 . Obviously I am another victim of this trade in false advertising . that seems rife on Amazons site at the moment . I have reported this directly to Amazon and they have promised to deal with it . I ordered a replacement Fulfilled by Amazon . I also contacted the parent company in USA ; who seem to be having a lot of problems with fakes in their own country. they told me that Claire's Uk is one of the only retailers in Uk . we are trying to finalise a Uk distributor in the Uk . Claires who have many shops in the high streets also sell this product for 5 online . It would seem that 4 to 5 is about the price for this product . Alternative products are about 1 in Hobby Craft but then you have to consider quality and quantity issues . I have no doubt that Hobby Craft would not sell an unsafe product ; where as some fakes could definitely be unsafe . No doubt many customers like myself are trying to buy their children birthday presents and under time constraint ; which at the very least these fakes are causing major inconvenience !

4.0 out of 5 stars If you purchase from Fun Collectables they are the Official bands, 2 July 2014
BelladonnaWolfsbane (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (Toy)

If you look closely at the picture you can see that the Purple, Yellow and Turquoise bands are actually jelly (translucent), not opaque, but as I ordered these before I became familiar with the different kinds of official bands you can get, I assumed this pack would be exactly the same as the one that comes with the Rainbow Loom and Monster Tail official kits. It should be described as it is on the Rainbow Loom website as mixed with jelly.

So, yes, they are official but not all of them are opaque, which is slightly annoying as now I have a shortage of opaque purple, yellow and turquoise.

If you order direct from rainbowloom.com, the bands are only $2.49 each and if you buy 4 bags + the postage from the US is quite reasonable. I have now done this as you get a better deal and a much wider variety of bands. Just make sure you don't order too much at once or you'll be charged by customs.

Official Rainbow Looms - Colour Bands Mix (600 count) and 24 C-Clips