5.0 out of 5 stars Maverick help
So having my first Macbook I needed a little help in adjusting to the OS coming from a Vista and Windows 7 life.
A lot of things are almost the same but with the help of this guide I was able to look up the parts I was unsure about.
Published 15 months ago by Buzz Lightyear

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic guide
Gives you the basics but if you want a more detailed guide to IoS you need something like"OSX Mavericks the missing manual"
Published 13 months ago by Dr. Roger Adams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Maverick help, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: A Newbie's Guide to OS X Mavericks: Switching Seamlessly from Windows to Mac (Kindle Edition)
A well laid out and a good quick reference to most things required of first time users and some useful pointers to free software available. I'm still going back to it for new help with Boot camp etc so it shows it is not just a quick book that you will put down after 5 minutes. It's aim is as a starting point and does just that and a little more. Worth the cost of purchase in my eyes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic guide, 4 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide, 19 Jan. 2014
Very helpful to start me off with apple OS systems. Simple to follow giving a hands on for all the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful for new Mac users, 19 Jan. 2014
Stella "ceppy" (Lausanne, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
Very clear and easy to understand, even for an old lady.
I thoroughly recommend this simple book and suggest you give it a go

4.0 out of 5 stars Easiest Guide I have ever read!!!, 30 Jan. 2014
Was just what I was needing. Having started mac at Snow Leopard it was difficult. But OS X Mavericks was the easiest guide I have read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful., 28 Feb. 2014
T. S. Morton "T M" (England) - See all my reviews
I have never had a mac before and this book arrived two days after my mac. I found by that time I already knew most of the things in this book but still had a lot of questions.

The book is less than 80 pages long. This only took a few hours to read and tried to cover too much in too little space. For instance, the book tried to cover the program "Automator" in 7 lines, with it barely explaining what the application even does and it suggesting I could learn more about it through online tutorials... I expect when I buy a book to teach me something it shouldn't be referring me to use other sources to find out basic information. Another example is the shortcuts are all different on the mac compared to windows computers yet the book only covers a small selection of the shortcuts available.

Another problem with the book, is even though its cheap, the quality is very poor. After only a few hours of reading I found the book to be misshapen. Furthermore, the print quality is poor and the pictures could at least be in colour.

Overall, I would say although this book is cheap it is not value for money and I don't feel much better off after reading it. I will be planning to buy another more useful book now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not worth the money, 14 April 2014
Richard Lapworth "Crunchie" (Wallsend, UK) - See all my reviews
Very basic desk top published guide, nicely laid out. I know it's cheap but I expected a little more, especially in the keyboard short cuts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite so seamless, 15 April 2014
Technical book that serves a purpose, but - to me - seemed to concentrate on specific points in great detail without achieving a good overall purpose

5.0 out of 5 stars fab and useful info, 5 Mar. 2014
Was not expecting much for the price, but I was so wrong. Only being acquainted with Mac 's for 12 months,I am still really a newbee. This guide is brilliant, I have just upgraded to OS Mavericks and am so chuffed. A lot slicker and smoother as well as added content. This guide explains the 'new' items and functions as well as telling the user what works well with this version of the Mac OS. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginners Guide, 13 Feb. 2014
A very good guide to help a recent convert like myself to get started with Apples latest operating system. I would strongly recommend this guide to any silver surfers who are going over to apple.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›