4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and honest
Having read some of the other reviews, I was not sure what to expect in terms of quality. I have seen Rush many times and saw them three times on the Clockwork Angels Tour. I have now listened to the discs many times and think that they are a fairly honest and accurate record of what it's like being at a show and do a good job of recreating the live experience. In fact...
Published 7 months ago by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better
I've been a big Rush fan for over 30 years and have seen them live on their last 6 tours. Geddy, Alex and Neil are heroes to me.

I went to the Clockwork Angels tour at the NEC in Birmingham last year and (apart from the usual first song or two whilst he got warmed-up) Geddy's voice was excellent throughout and it was a great show. Unfortunately, this recording...
Published 5 months ago by Paul_B

5.0 out of 5 stars Rush Rock!, 20 April 2014
S. Maycock (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
I had to buy this after seeing the band live on this tour at the O2, London. One of the best bands live I have ever seen, and I have been going to gigs since the 70s. Great band, great album!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
31 tracks on these 3 cds takes me back to may when i see them at the 02 great night

4.0 out of 5 stars Really looking forward to this, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
A friend and I, both with mobility issues, went to see Rush earlier this year at the O2. Despite being assured it was a "no standing" concert, everybody around us did.
I can now play this "live" CD, get a few friends to come and stand in front of me as I listen, with many regularly going out of the room for another beer and I will get the true concert experience!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album Loses it's Shine Live (Just a Bit), 19 Jan 2014
Steve Reynolds (Scarborough, North Yorkshire, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
Clockwork Angels is brilliant. Saw it lives and brought the live album..... It sadly isn't as good as I remember - perhaps the production is a bit off - anyway a perfectly good live album but I think it could have been better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much too much info., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
Great performance-as usual. Much better singing than on the "Live in Cleveland". CD1 is mostly songs from the 80's which will not please everyone...Whatever, they're played fantastically!
CD2 is Rush playing their new songs from Clockwork angels with the addition of strings (played by Live musicians). The result is really good, but the music of Rush is already so "full" and complex that the addition of an extra 8 or 10 musicians makes it even more muddier. There are too many details and not enough sonic space. Funally enough when I saw them Live on this tour, the first set was worse (soundwise) than the second. On Cd, the CA set can be very intense, too intense! Neil Peart 's drumming often disappears under the layers of strings, guitars, keyboards and effects. The drums sound is by moment very weak, sometimes inexistant!
CD3 are basically the encores (with and without strings) plus various bonus tracks (rarely played Live or soundcheck version).

The overall sound is much too crowded, they should really go for a cleaner and a bit more "simple" way of playing their songs. I had the same feeling at the concert itself. After all, in the concert environment, we don't need all the effects and samplings they use in the studio, especially when it kills the sound of the drums.I don't understand that need to fill every second of each song with so many information. There's barely any room to breathe.

This is probably the worst sounding Rush Live album. Too bad because the setlist is pretty cool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Greater than ever, and a must-have in your collection, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
How do theses Guys just keep on doing the trick?
They just do - Roll the Bones
(A bit messy sound, though, said being spoiled with their normally grand sound!)

3.0 out of 5 stars magic music but, 27 Nov 2013
J. M. Weir (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
Received as a gift for my birthday. Musically its pretty good, some great instrumental work, however what has happened to Geddy Lees voice its pretty shot
Having heard it I would not have bought it myself

4.0 out of 5 stars Rush Clockwork Anglels, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
Rush being my all time fav band my love for their music grows day by day i have been a fan from 1997 and i admire everything about this band to from their history of music,song writing,level of playing,friendship,unity,live performance,visuals,humour down to neil riding his motorbike to and from each gig this band is truly remarkable i love every live dvd and this is no different but i feel with the strings at times it sounds out neils drums but magnificent performance 8/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Good live album - spoilt in places by poor vocals, 28 Nov 2013
A. Thornton (Yorkshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
Another live Rush album ? Surely not ! This is becoming a regular occurence. I remember my days at High School playing my vinyl versions of "All The World's A Stage" and "Exit....Stage Left" to death, particularly the latter of these two. In terms of musical performance, this, once again clearly demonstrates that, musically, Rush are still one of the greatest live rock acts on the planet. However, like the previous live album (Live In Cleveland), this album's low point has got to be Geddy Lee's vocals - at times they are dreadful....a typical example of this is "Middletown Dreams" which is completely ruined by poor quality vocals. If you're a massive Rush fan, I'd say this was worth buying to add to your collection. If you're new to Rush, or merely curious, I'd probably tell you to avoid this album and go for "Exit....Stage Left" or "Different Stages".

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
I've been a RUSH fan for many years and have seen them on numerous occasions. I was at the clockwork Angels gig at the O2 and really enjoyed the concert and so was looking forward to reliving the event through this recording .... what a disappointment. The mix is muddy, flat, and one dimensional. Neil Peart's drums which 'live' and in studio recordings are solid powerful and immensely impressive, are without presence. I Wish that I had bought the DVD instead of the CD at least the pictures would have distracted from the poor audio.