4.0 out of 5 stars Surprise!, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: More Than Everything (Family Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Wicked Reads.

I am now a fan of Cardeno C.'s writing voice. It is unique and different and I had no problem easily getting through this book. I can honestly say I have not read anything quite like this one before. It was unique and surprisingly sweet. Charlie "Chase" Rhodes is a sweet, confident, and definitely unique guy. He knows who he is.He's comfortable in his own skin. He knows he likes guys, and he isn't afraid to show it. He has two major loves in his lifetime and when neither of them work out and he finds himself in his thirties and alone, he can't help but feel that he lost out.
Scott Boone is a smart, boy next door type who found his first love in Charlie Rhodes. Life drifted the two apart, but he never could quite get over Charlie. He grows up successfully and finds someone he can share his life with, but he still feels something missing.
Strong, masculine, whispering out of the closet, Adan Navarro met "Chase" Rhodes when one of his school friends asks Chase to take their picture. He can't really understand it, but he is instantly drawn to Chase and decides to give in to the attraction and chase after what he wants. Chase isn't having it and really makes Adan work for it. Adan and Chase really get to know each other, but when Adan pushes Chase away, he knows he will never quite get him out of his system.
When all three are brought together later in life, Charlie's world is turned upside down. He still have love and attraction for both of them as they do for him. What can possibly become of the situation?
I think this story was my favorite of the series. It was a bit "out-there", but I love Chase's character and how well Adan and Scott each compliment him. I just want my own Chase to keep. Hehe.
I was definitely caught by the cover and intrigued by the title. After reading the story, I love how well they fit. I found this to be and enjoyable, quick read and I definitely would recommend it to M/M lovers who are open minded.
~Wicked Reads Review Team~

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 21 Sept. 2014
I have loved this series but for me this one was my least favourite. I enjoyed it but it didn't suck me in as the others did. Charlie 'Chase' has been in love with a total of two men: Scott and Arden. For one reason or another they didn't work out and these reasons are explored throughout the book. When tragedy strikes in Charlie's life and he finds himself back in Scott and Arden's lives again, he cannot bear to face them, particularly as they are in a committed relationship with each other.
Both Arden and Scott regret their decisions to end things with Charlie and both still have a place in their hearts for him and want him in their lives and as part of their relationship. Charlie has still not gotten over Arden and Scott and still loves them both.
This is a story of an unconventional relationship but one that works. We see most of the story through Charlie's eyes so I was skeptical about the relationship due to the way both of them treated him but seeing the way that they are with him now, makes you kind of root for their relationship to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars poor Charlie, one unlucky in love man, 22 Oct. 2014
Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK) - See all my reviews
OMG poor Charlie/Chase, this was what was running through my head while reading this. Charlie really is unlucky in love. He and his first love
Scott are adorable together, both discovering their emotions and their sexual attraction to men and then Scott has to move away because of family. Charlie feels abandoned and gets on with his life no long willing to risk his heart. Along comes Adan, pushy, confident student. Adan is attracted to Charlie even though his openly 'gay' appearance and behaviour is something Adan hates. Charlie is 'out' and proud but Adan is hidden away in the closet and wants to keep their relationship secret. More heartache for Charlie.
Can it get any worse for the poor man? Give him a break. Nope, tragedy makes him a guardian and responsibilities are thrust upon him and then who walks through the door? OMG, poor Charlie, just to reiterate how I feel!
Really enjoyed this story or 3 different but intertwined love stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Everything, 13 Aug. 2014
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This the third in the Family series by Ms Cardeno gives us a different view of some of the ancillary characters that we have met in the previous two books. It revolves around Chase (aka Charlie) Daniel's friend in the first book and comes full circle explaining some of Daniel's story too.

I loved the way that this story is told, through the scrap booking of Chase, and his memories created by photographs. It is carefully done, and again is so thoughtful at explaining some of the burdens of being gay. It is all wrapped up in the hottest of tales, with a big dose of romance unexpectedly thrown in. What's not to love?

~~Wicked Reads Review Team~~

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!!, 16 Jun. 2014
This is a menage between Scott, Charlie & Adan. I don't want to give anything away by saying what happens in this book, but Charlie has his heart broken twice but he gets his happy ending. If u enjoy m/m/m then you'll love this.

Highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 31 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book from the very first word.
Emotional, surprisingly cheeky. Didn't know I could enjoy a novel based in pOint of views as much as I enjoyed this one. The characters seemed like real people with real feelings and challenges...

And I must say, I'm happy to have met Charlie. Chase? His outlook on life should be adopted more by people.

I'll recommend this book to everyone who wants to have a roller coaster ride but still have their happy ending.
Who doesn't like a happy ending?

Thank you C.C. Looking forward to more from the Family Series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 8 Jan. 2014
This book is lovely. It made me laugh out loud and cry as well. Beautifully written and just a really lovely book to read. Also the sex scenes are hot hot hot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 19 Nov. 2013
I bought this book mainly out of curiosity, I didn't know much about gay relationships and how they work... and this book gave me a lot of insight about how your stereotypical "gay guy" and how they aren't true.so thank you for this book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 7 Nov. 2013
Loved the story, adored the main character and read this is a mammoth afternoon reading session. Like all Cardeno's books, I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely briiliant!, 17 Nov. 2014
A wonderful story - I would give this one ten stars if I could. I think this is my favourite one of the series so far. I love Chase's narration. The characters are well-rounded and convincing. This one is definitely a keeper!