5.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN & MORE!
Published on 1 Dec. 2007 by Mr. S. J. Oxley

3.0 out of 5 stars Small Pocket Book
A basic hint a tips book. A lot smaller than one would have envisaged. When selling a book that is so small it would have been useful to see it along side something that would put it into perspective.
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN & MORE!, 1 Dec. 2007
If you are new to watercolour painting then this book is for you. As soon as you open it, a quick flick through reveals many very basic techniques and some more advanced ones. It is lavishly and clearly illustrated throughout and does not appear to over complicate explanations, ergo it is good for quick referencing (a clear contents list at the beginning enhances this fact as well).
The book itself is also pocket size and is ideal for taking on fieldtrips.

Conclusion: An essential, 'have-to-hand' book for any new to enthusiastic amateur painter and an excellent stocking filler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Size is its beauty and its downfall, 14 Jun. 2012
This little book punches way above its weight. I have gained far more instruction from this pocket-sized volume, than I have from much larger books.
I gained a much-needed systematic approach to creating a painting, breaking the picture down to seven-steps. The use of transparent, and opaque colours is discussed; something I've never come across before. This helped me to easily gain the depth that was lacking in my attempts before.
As to the size of the book; useful for taking anywhere, but the illustrations inevitably lack the impact of larger ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem, 5 Mar. 2013
Handy book easy to carry around when on my travels. If I am stuck for tips I refer to the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant guide for watercolour painters, 8 Nov. 2010
Beginners will find this little book very handy. And it is small enough to put in your art bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful!, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Watercolour Tips (Collins Gem) (Kindle Edition)
Just started watercolour class..after 50 years without picking up a brush! This small book is indispensable.It
tucks away in yr pocket or art case, great for tips, refreshing your ideas or simply reference!
I had it downloaded on my Kindle,so impressed that I bought the physical copy! Whether a beginner or a seasoned artist, I feel this book will be a useful buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of tips and hints, 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Watercolour Tips (Collins Gem) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this handy little book; as a new watercolour artist I have lots to learn, and Ian presents techniques, advice, and tips in an easily understood style. Added to this are examples of his work which further illustrate the advice given. An enjoyable read and useful guide for practicing techniques and to keep close at hand for reference when working on a painting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful book for all., 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Watercolour Tips (Collins Gem) (Kindle Edition)
An excellent book and it came at a fantastic price, as I am a complete novice I find it extremely useful and it's contents extremely helpful for myself.Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars concise and useful, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Watercolour Tips (Collins Gem) (Kindle Edition)
It meets my expectations. I find the tips provided in the book easy to understand and use. Good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watercolour hobby, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Watercolour Tips (Collins Gem) (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as I am teaching my 11 year old grand-daughter to water colour paint as she has shown a great interest in this hobby. I hope that this will us to both understand the techniques and problems to help us in this venture..

5.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS REVIEW, 14 Dec. 2010
J. BAXTER - See all my reviews
If you have any interest in starting watercolour painting buy this little gem of a book.
I have been painting for a year or so but knew nothing until I read this.

What are you waiting for I never reviewed with such enthusiasm.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Watercolour Tips (Collins Gem)