5.0 out of 5 stars Following his programs will give you results
I initially avoided pavels work. I found his constant references to special forces and martial arts masters slightly contrived.
But when I bought enter the kettlebell cheap to see what the fuss was about I was suprised. He gives a clear goal (rop) and challenges you to follow his program until you can achieve it. I took his advice 4 years ago and am now at 43...
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Same old Pavel!
Published 21 days ago by wILL

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight to the point, 24 Mar. 2014
A. ap Rhisiart (Argyll, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
This is basically the program minimum from Enter the kettle bell, so if you have that book, I'm not sure you need this one too. However, if you don't this is a really great buy, with Pavel's usual humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am now a man of steel, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Being an office based schmuck with no real male attributes like physical strength, buckets of testosterone & earth shatteringly brutal musculature I was prompted by my devoted wife to "man up or get gone". I thought my marriage to my Welsh Dragon Queen was in peril so I scoured the heavens in search of an answer..........Pavel appeared to me in a vision and bellowed "comrade I am kicking your puny ass into shape with my own formula for strength & anti-fragility.....obey me & be King"....
Literally years later I can now do 1 pistol squat on each leg (with a 5kg weight) and my gluteus are like hardened steel. I never dared dream I would be able to dead lift a full 24kg. Children under 10 literally move to the other side of the pavement when I approach and yes I do occasionally have full intercourse with my Welsh Dragon Queen Wife.......the results speak for themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes less is more!, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Here is my opinion why this program is awesome.

1) Can allow whole body strength with limited equipment, few kettlebells. Any place any time. Relatively cheap compared to gym memberships.

2) Allows strength progression with relatively low volume, doesn't require much time. Good for busy business man, operators and the many with busy family work commitments.

3) This program can suit beginners and advanced. You could get your granddad doing this program, ( providing no certain medical issues). New girevik males may be working in the 16kg to 24kg range. Advanced girevik males could be working in the 32-48kg range. Though I believe most males getting to a 32kg like the book says your strength needs are well covered.

4) I believe the Getup aids other exercises well, especially the press.

5) The clean and snatch are more technical and have more dangers. The getup and swing are easier to learn and generally safer and as they allow progression on lower volume, thus the probability of injury is less. As its simple maths the more reps you do the more likely your gonna do a bad rep.

6) Using swings for power and strength means the girevik doesn't push himself in a fatigued high lactate acid state. Lowering probability of bad technique and injury again

Its like milking a cow, you fill the bucket with milk, then another bucket, the milk doesn't stop coming out. :-)

Get it, do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Not only is the program nice and simple, the book is nice and simple to read and understand. There is a lot of good honest information packed into a short book.

Which means that you can get started really quickly instead of having to wade through pages and pages of explanation for explanations sake!

All in all a very good training book just as the title suggests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pavel does it again!, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Having read 'Enter the Kettlebell' many times and having spent three awesome days with the Iron Tamer getting my SFG cert, I wondered if this book would really offer anything new. It does, in bucketloads. If you want to become a strong, capable human being, this book is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and common sense, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Simple approach, clear instruction. Looking forward to putting it into practice in the new year. This book is good for people who agree Simple is best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Sinister & Not For Sissies, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after hearing Pavel dispensing his fitness and strength philosophy on the Tim Ferris podcast. He came across as someone who knew what he was talking about, no nonsense, no sissy Western gym training regimes here. I bought a 16kg Kettlebell and started with the swing, which I try to do daily. The other exercise - that's right, there are only two - the Turkish Get Up, was too tough at this weight, so I'll need to buy a lighter one. But, to be honest, it's damn hard with no weight!
To be honest, I've only dipped into the book and taken the basics from it so far. I'm sure I will return to it though for guidance and motivation. Pavel is a straightforward writer and there is no fluff in his style. If you're wondering if this is for you then listen to the podcast on the Tim Ferris show first, see if you like what you hear. If you do, you'll probably want to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do this, 21 April 2014
Mark Wilson (Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Stop asking questions, have faith and follow the rules. Most people chop and change their routines and get nowhere but by following one strictly for periods of up to a year will make progress. Nothing really new but well worth a read to further inform your training and development.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Pavel, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
Clearly written, simply designed. Pavel has left out the filler which packs many of his other books. This is accessible, enjoyable and effectiive. Recommended, especially on Kindle where the price is also attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight with the kettlebells, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Kettlebell Simple & Sinister (Kindle Edition)
I have been following this program for a year now. I have never been a sport or gym person. Before taking up this program, I have joined a gym to get In shape and be fit. Few months later, I quit the gym as soon as I discovered kettlebell. For me it was love at first sight. We just connected me and the bell. I don't normally write reviews, but this program is worth the money. It's a good program for the average person. If you reach the level of swinging the 32 kg, you are in a better shape than the majority of gym goers, and that is not an exaggeration. Couple this program with the paleo diet and you will be transformed.

Kettlebell Simple & Sinister