Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 1 May 2014
Well I received my copy at around 12:45 on 26/04/2014 and by 16:15 on the same day, I had finished Ransom. I can honestly say that this besides Way of the Dragon, this is my favourite Chris Bradford book yet, I've already started it for the second time and plan to start it yet again later on today. Anyway, to the book. This book again follows fourteen years old Connor Reeves, a kickboxing, butt-kicking, quick witted and super cool 'buddy-guard' (a group of children who protect the young celebrities where adults can't). In Ransom, Connor's second assignment takes him from cold and wet Wales, to Australia, out tot the Seychelles and lands him a short stint in the paradise that is Somalia. Kitted out with a bag full of new gadgets. including night vision sunglasses, and a weapon/defense gadget known as a Dazzler. The story moves quickly from training to the real action and I found myself sat on the edge of my seat for the three hours it took me to burn through this book. The suspense is astounding, the action awe-inspiring and the twists which lie around every corner are truly shocking. I genuinely cannot believe that in under a year, a book like this has been written and published. It amazes me each time when an author (especially one with a family) can write pure gold like this in such a short amount of time. I would recommend this book to anybody who has read Hostage or any of the Young Samurai series and I would recommend it to anybody who hasn't. This book gets 5 stars from me and I can't wait to read Ambush next year!
on 1 May 2014
Another cracking book from the master storyteller Chris Bradford.

This time Connor finds himself on the high seas on board a luxury yacht owned by a media mogul. Connor’s job is to protect the twin daughters of this mega rich man. The problem is that pirates are on the way and … well I will let you find out what happens next.

This book has mystery, intrigue, excitement and all set at a fast pace.

The fans of this great author will not be disappointed
on 8 May 2014
Firstly, if you haven't read the first book then order it now. It's a fantastic read. Secondly, when you are ordering the first book then order this book at the sametime because you will want to read this one straight after finishing the first book.

This book series is great. Action packed. Full of great, loveable characters. Exciting storylines. Twists and turns. Questions answered, but then more questions asked.

This second book had all of that. Basically, Connor has to protect two twin sisters for a billionaire press mogul whilst they are on holiday, aboard a super-yacht. The story is never dull, it's filled with twists and turns. Things happen that you don't expect, plus there's the pirates, maybe not the kind of pirates from times past, but still as fearsome!!! It doesn't stop till the end, and even then it isn't over!

The great thing about these books is that not only do they have great plots, but they are very accurate and informative. You know the writer has put in a lot of effort when he is, say, describing how to use a VHF radio, or what an E.P.I.R.B is. These things help bring the story to life and help it to seem more believable.

Basically you won't be disappointed with this book. This series is as good if not better than the likes of the cherub series or the Alex rider books or the young bond series. All of which are great series in themselves, but this series just has that extra something that makes me want to read it over and over again.

It's action packed, it's got dashing a of humour, it's informative, but mainly and most of all it's an edge of the seat roller coaster ride that you won't ever want to get off.

Fantastic series.
Fabulous second book.
Everything you loved in the first one is brought back in the second book.
No holes barred.
Totally recommended.
on 4 May 2014
Chris Bradford is my favourite author and I have read all of his books. This is just the standard I have come to expect with Chris Bradford and the bodyguard series is my favourite series ever. Closely followed by his other series, young samurai. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 26 August 2014
absolutely briliant storyline.
grips you right from the very first page.
would recomend this to everyone
love it just as much as i did the young samurai series
cant wait for rest of the series to be released.
chris bradford; you are a truly amazing author!:)
on 23 May 2014
If you ever get the chance to see one of Chris's live shows, I would thoroughly recommend it. Just like his books, his performance is full of energy and surprises. Watching him live is exhausting and I felt the same overwhelming need to keep up, whilst reading Bodyguard Ransom.
In this book you get a brand new setting, with its own specific set of challenges that you learn alongside Connor, how to deal with. You also get a number of new characters, together with an insight into the back story of one of the other 'Buddyguards'. Best of all though, in The Assassin, you get a bad guy, who is genuinely as scary as Dragon Eye from the Young Samurai series.
Chris, I don't know how you manage to keep raising the bar in every new book you write but keep it up and I can't wait until Bodyguard Ambush next year.
on 8 May 2014
We've been waiting impatiently for the second Connor Reeves book and we were not disappointed. Again, the charm of the teenage 'buddyguard' concept was powerful and between the stroppy privileged clients and the scary Somali pirates there was plenty of drama and excitement to be experienced. Just enough technical detail to be informative and credible, and plenty of plot to keep the hero busy. It had to be read in one sitting - definitely a page turner and one I will be recommending to teen readers at my school. Looking forward to episode 3!
on 27 May 2014
Connor continues his adventures - at sea this time. Chris has produced a fantastic book - a terrific story, backed up with superb description and detail and true nautical knowledge. I found it difficult to put the book down - so many twists and turns. I know of one reluctant reader whose reading has been transformed by Chris's earlier books, and I have no doubt that "Ransom" will encourage him even more.
on 13 July 2014
Overall this book is very good. It is action packed and a great read. Parts get a bit dull however if you carry on you will be rewarded with a great ending. Always has a last gasp turn and Connor is never safe.
This book is 4/5 pushing 5/5. The only reason I didn't give a 5/5 was that it got a bit boring. But I would definitely recommend this book.
on 16 May 2014
As always, Chris Bradford provides a brilliantly entertaining read with a really interesting set of real life strategies to survival woven in. However, I feel at times like he loses potential by not choosing to appeal to an older/more mature audience. Overall though, these are a great set of novels and well worth a read!