5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!
Who doesn't love a Happily ever after! Angels, daemons, witches, magic. Fantastic fairy tale with the twist of awesomeness!
Amanda Hocking never fails to entrance you and keep you addicted.
Recommended to readers of 14 to 100!
Published 1 month ago by Lou-Lou 77

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the usual standard
Published on 20 Oct. 2011 by Cezza91

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the usual standard, 20 Oct. 2011
Cezza91 (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
As a huge fan of Amanda's work, I was looking forward to reading this. But I have to say I was rather disappointed. The story didn't seem to have much substance, and not a lot happened. There were a lot of cliches, and some of it was rather cringe-worthy. I struggled to finish it, and only did so because I'm such a fan of Amanda Hocking's other work. If this had another author whom I wan't such a big fan of, I would have stopped reading a few chapters in and probably wouldn't have gone back to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Aug. 2011
I was looking forward to reading this but it has been a big let down. I just found it too full of cliches and not up to Amanda's normal standard. The initial concept is interesting but I struggled to finish it. A shame really as I have loved all her other work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 Jan. 2012
I was bitterly disappointed with this book on a number of levels. Firstly, the author has the writing style/capabilities of a child which made getting through the book really laborious. Secondly, the author misused words! A cantor is not a drink vessel nor does destitute mean distressed or distraught. Finally, there were countless missing words and syntax errors throughout the book. A waste of £1.92.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!, 3 April 2015
Amanda Hocking never fails to entrance you and keep you addicted.
Recommended to readers of 14 to 100!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 29 Aug. 2011
This is far more than a fairy tale. It is a story about good v evil. Angels fighting daemons (the devils servants). I usually avoid books that are like this, simply because I personally believe that the devil is a real entity & as such, not a subject to be used as light entertainment. However, I did enjoy this book, as I have every other one written by Amanda Hocking. Lux is one of the daemon's minions, whom represent each of the deadly sins. Lux is lust. His passion in life is seducing and then dumping young women. However, he then meets Lilly ~ who is actually representative of virtue/chastity and he falls in love. He then has to fight his master and everything he has previously represented and served, to save the woman that he loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Jun. 2013
This book was amazing.absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend this. At first I didn't really get it but as the story progressed it made more and more sense. Loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 April 2013
I loved this book as it gave me something a little different, it got into the action straight away. I will definitely be reading more from Hocking in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but very good, 31 Aug. 2013
It is what it is.....a very good fairy tale. Shame there"s only one instalment. Loving Amanda Hocking"s books at the moment!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Oct. 2014
Surprising twists

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for young adults, 3 July 2011
N. Arbon (Herts) - See all my reviews
I am not a young adult but I loved this book, from the moment I started I couldn't put it down. Amanda Hocking is a brilliant author and this book brings to life whole new and vivid world, with never before heard of creatures and magic I found it to be a thrilling read. I would recommend this for any reader who wants to escape reality for a few hours.