5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning, Emotional, Rollercoaster of a Journey!
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Published 8 months ago by Sorcha O'Dowd

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow burner with a surprising ending
Published 5 months ago by Sarah Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Unbound (All Good Things Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review. Thanks to Xpresso Book Tours and Georgia Bell*

Rachel, a very shy young woman has been watched over by someone all her life, someone who always seems to be there when she needs him most.
Eaden is an immortal and Rachel is the key to his death.

This was a unique twist on immortals but despite that I found it boring and couldn’t connect with the storyline or the characters.

Unfortunately this wasn’t for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow burner with a surprising ending, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Unbound (All Good Things Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit, I struggled getting into ‘Unbound’ and found it difficult to connect with the characters. However, as the plot developed, I found myself drawn into this unknown world of immortals and about halfway through started to get into this book and enjoy it. By the time I reached the final chapters, the unexpected conclusion was a pleasant surprise and left me wondering what the next book brings. This, I think, redeemed ‘Unbound’ for me.

‘Unbound’ is very character driven and there is a lot of focus on how Rachel feels towards her life and losses, her insecurities, and finally her relationship with Eaden. Bell really hammers the point of living your life rather than standing back and watching others have a good time and this made me feel really sorry for Rachel and what she has clearly missed out on. Being so isolated from others and doubting herself because of her sightings of an unusual man throughout her life, Rachel comes across as a social outsider and someone who yearns for the love and friendship that was lost when her dad died. She has even resorted to counselling and the awkwardness Rachel feels when trying to explain Eaden to her counsellor without her sounding delusional, is really reflected onto the reader; I found myself desperately hoping her counsellor would understand Rachel and not make judgements!

Sympathy for Rachel aside, the transformation she undergoes after meeting Eaden is a fresh of breath air and she shows an interest in life once more. Bell transforms Rachel’s character from being a wallflower to a a determined and brave young woman. The journey she goes on with Eaden takes readers into the realms of witches and magic. The witches go with Rachel to London for a final show-down and I was hoping that they featured more in the plot development, so I wonder if this will be the case in the next book.

I found this novel a bit of a “plodder” and slow to start enjoying. As I have already mentioned, the conclusion was a surprise and one that left me really curious about what will happen in the next story. Personally I feel that the start of the book could have been shorter and the ending expanded upon. Adding to the concluding plot twist, this would have given more action to the plot and what I think would make this more of an enjoyable read. As such, I feel that ‘Unbound’ is more like a prequel to the following stories as characters and events have now been set up.

I don’t think I would necessarily read this book again but would be interested to see what happens next to the characters. The story is quite unique and I like the hints that are suggested for the next book. Don’t be put off by the slow start, as you might find you really start to enjoy this read and can’t put it down.

This book was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very believable paranormal story., 7 April 2014
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Unbound (All Good Things Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was really intrigued about this book. I haven't read a paranormal book in what seems like eons...... and I have to say this didn't disappoint in delivering a fun paranormal read.

The link between Eaden and Rachel was great to follow. I felt the pull between them and the premise behind why Eaden had been following Rachel was delivered in a very believable way. I did find some of the text a bit overly descriptive and a tad articulate sometimes. Not that I am saying that was bad because it really wasn't but sometimes I didn't want so much the description but a bit more action if you get my drift.

I liked how Georgia spun stories of `old' and put a twist on them, actually had me wondering hmmmm could she telling the truth, does she knows things I don't know?....... she made it all sound that believable.

I had a hard time putting this book down once I started but at the same time I did find it a little melodramatic in places, I wanted to chase the story along a bit quicker but also at the same time savour everything that was going on.

I found it very visual and other than the bits I found a little melodramatic all in all this is a sound piece of writing and I can see Georgia going far in the literary world. She created a spin on immortality and delivered it in a very believable way.

I think this has to be a minimum of a 4 star read.

I received a copy of Unbound in return for an honest review. My reviews are my own and are 100% honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning, Emotional, Rollercoaster of a Journey!, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Unbound (All Good Things Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

As a Psychology graduate, the mention of emotional, psychological issues in the blurbs of a book always draws me in. I love real characters with real emotions and feelings, and I need them to have these basic human traits to connect with them as real people rather than as a character I'm just following for the sake of the story.

Rachel's character was one that I connected with immediately. Her deep desire to face her demons, yet the debilitating fear that makes it more difficult to do showed her to be just like any other young girl who was struggling with psychological disorders, or overwhelming emotion. I adored her for the strength she drew from sources very different to many other young people. All too often I read about young people turning to alcohol and sex to dull their emotions and feel safe, but I really admired her for the more healthy way that she dealt with her issues. Even though her `angel' (the yummy Eaden) did actually exist, I really liked how her therapist explains to her that her vision of this guardian angel was not crazy, but a natural and healthy way to feel safe in a world that she struggled with. I think that's why I loved so much when she met Eaden and listened to his story, and his explanation of what he was, with an open and honest mind.

The way that the relationship between Eaden and Rachel developed was done beautifully. I loved seeing her flashbacks to how he had helped her in the past, which had me thinking back to my own past and of the people who helped me when I was in need. Throughout `Unbound' Georgia Bell has this breathtaking ability to make you question what is actually possible in life. I was thinking about whether or not I would have somebody watching over me as I grew up to make sure I was safe, and I enjoyed this wonderful sense of peace, both Rachel's and my own.

The mystical scenes were written to perfection. I adored the way that myths and legends were entwined so closely with the real world and how we saw some familiar legendary faces only in different forms, which brings the realisation that myths and legends have been tweaked so much through the years that even famous people and places are very different to what they would have originally been.

Unbound just blew me away with its absolutely stunning storyline. I was expecting a Vampire Story from the blurb, but what I actually got was so much more original and exciting than any Vampire book I have read in a very long time. Unbound was unique in its vision of immortality and with its intriguing explanation of the genetics involved in immortality, I just jumped up and down in delight at the realistic explanation to how somebody could live forever. I need this realism in fantasy to stay grounded and to find the story relatable, and my word does Georgia Bell deliver a cracker of a story that had me drawn in until the last page. I had no idea how the story would end with all the twists and turns the characters took, and just had to get to the end to know what happened.

`Unbound' was a real stunning emotional rollercoaster of a journey that had me gripped throughout. 5 Stars and a definite recommended read!

ARC kindly provided by the author through Xpresso Book Tours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful unique story, 8 April 2014
M. Abbott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbound (All Good Things Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was an enjoyable story and I like how it incorporated the legends of King Arthur. Both of the main characters merely existed rather than live life. I love how Rachel grew from being someone who was afraid to having the strength to make a life or death decision. Eaden has existed for centuries but was never able to get close to anyone, he could only watch from the sidelines. He was lonely and wanted his life to end. Both of them touched my heart in different ways. Their love for each other was sweet, gentle and pure. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star is because some parts seemed a little slow. I will be reading more from this author and recommend this to anyone who enjoys romance and paranormal.
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Unbound (All Good Things Book 1)