5.0 out of 5 stars Variety is the Spice of Life., 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Off the KUF Volume 1: Short Fiction from the Kindle Users Forum (Kindle Edition)
If variety is indeed the spice of life then the same can be said for Off the KUF. Having previously read the work of some of the authors I had great expectations of this book and must say I was not disappointed. The diversity of the content had my emotions running every which way.
What I really like about an anthology is that it encourages me out of my reading comfort zone and in so doing introduces me to the writing styles of new authors I may otherwise have overlooked.
I am happy to report that not only have I found some new authors but I also eagerly anticipate the forthcoming two volumes which are sure to help me through the dark winter nights ahead.
If you like originality, humour, horror, literature and above all a well written and edited book this will be right up your street.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 25 Nov 2013
This is a delightful collection of short stories and drabbles. There is something for everyone amongst the varied yet equally entertaining stories. I found myself reading it in long sessions but also shorter, pick-up and put-down sessions while I had a few moments to spare. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Box of delights, 29 Nov 2013
If you are looking for variety, good writing in different styles, a mix of genres, surprises and something for every occasion or mood, try this compilation from independent authors. From 100 word drabbles to much longer pieces, there will always be something to while away the time, whether that be odd minutes or hours. I found it hard to put down, but it's also a good way to introduce yourself to authors you may not yet have come across. So, all in all, a good read and very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars KUF 1 - Stars 5, 3 Nov 2013
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is the first of 3 volumes of short stories, drabbles and novellas from the KUForum's authors.

I am a big fan of many of the authors who hang out there, so I knew I'd like this book. I was wrong, I loved it.

From the start with Lynda Wilcox's story 'Intelligence Test' to 'The Last Story' I was enthralled throughout.

I'll just mention some of my favourites.

The first one 'Intelligence Test' is a great opener. Malcolm is up for a job which is on offer at the Foreigh Office. The test seems way too hard in a simplistic way. Who will get the job and what is the job anyway?

The very next story is by David Haynes and of course is one of his trademark creepy, macabre stories - a bit of a ghost story.

'Blackberry Crumble' by Cecilia Peartree is a longer "short" and I really enjoyed that one. It is always great to read a new Auto story from David Wailing.

Rosen Trevithick has 2 parallel stories in this collection. One is a Troll version and it is interesting to read them together.

'The Last Story' by H.K. Abell was intriguing and interesting and as it progressed it made me wonder about the sanity of the author. The ending is well weird, but I think I liked it. I thought it was an interesting way to finish off this collection

Of the 30 stories in this collection there was only one I didn't like, which is not bad going for such a large collection.

There are highs, there are lows, there are scares, there are laughs and there's the origin story of The Imp. Oh and Trolls.

There are definitely some new authors here for me to go and investigate.