5.0 out of 5 stars English Yarns and Beyond, 11 Feb 2014
This book kept me engaged all the way through. I did not want to put it down. A poignant story which tells of Rays struggle with life. The writer writes in great depth about his characters experiences and pulls no punches. I enjoyed it very much as did his previous two books and will be looking out for this authors next publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - Highly recommended!, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: English Yarns and Beyond: A Collection of Short Stories and memoirs (The Ray Dennis Series) (Kindle Edition)
A Book that I just couldn't put down.

English Yarns and Beyond is a book that you will remember for a long time, then should you start to forget it, you will want to read it again!

Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a well written book that will bring a story to life and keep you engaged until you have finished reading.

Worked perfectly on my kindle app as well. 5*

A must read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 7 Feb 2014
Readers will have to make up their own minds as to whether they like this book or not - yes, it's rather depressing, but then I think that's the point...a judgement on human nature (if there is such a thing) and how the world works for most of us. I'm not sure if I liked the main character or not but the author does a great job of ferreting into his mind and bringing out - the worst.

These connected tales are brought alive by the writing style and I would say they are well-written - hence the four stars - yet I'm uncertain as to the issues and would like to think that life can be more positive in all manner of ways, least which the mystery and wonder of the universe.

Yes, it's up to readers to find out for themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars English Yarns And Beyond, 10 Dec 2013
I absolutely loved this book. The Author chooses his play on words exquisitely. You can tell he is an experienced writer. I have also read His other books; 'Spanish Yarns and Beyond' and 'A Bricklayers Tales'.
Which are both very well written and wonderful page turners.
I will award 5 stars and can not wait for Mr Troia's next publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down, 26 Nov 2013
Troia's storytelling ability again is laid out for us in this collection of over 10 stories based in England. Each story is written with a clever wit and one that I can most definitely relate to. If you are looking for a lift me up that is not illegal , you could do far worse than read this amazing prose and chuckle all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly enjoyable., 25 Nov 2013
Having enjoyed Gary Troia's other collection of short stories "Spanish Yarns and Beyond" it was really not on a punt that I bought this book. This book is as well written and enjoyable as the other one and the Author has truly mastered the art of the pen. He delivers to us ten smartly written yarns that roll on with a massive force. Highly enjoyable

ARRAY(0xa8969c00)