on 10 February 2014
Mine arrived towards the end of the delivery estimate range but I didn't expect anything more for £59.99.

The screen resolution on mine is 1024x600. The Android version is 4.2.1 (not 4.2.2 as in the description).

Booted up first time with no problem and connects well to my WiFi so far. Mine was set to a Chinese timezone by defalt - at this price you need to expect to do a bit of fiddling around.

Those who complain about not being able to install aps must be unlucky. I've installed quite a few apps and all are working fine.

I'm not too familiar with configuring all the screens (my phone has a custom GUI on top of basic Android so I'll need to do a bit of googling to find out how to move things around in native Android).

If the text is tight to edge of the screen some pixels are under the bevel edge. Screen quality is not too impressive but if, like me, you just want a basic web browser while you watch TV it may be adequate.

BBC iPlayer seems to work OK so far.

The battery seems to be very poor. I lost 20% of the battery reserve after 25 minutes. This is not a deal breaker for me as I would tend to use it for a short while then switch if off. Do not expect to be able to use this for the stated 6 hours without recharging the battery.

Finally, for those of you who have experience of other tablets, the tablet I was supplied with takes 55 second to "boot up" to show the unlock screen.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2014
spotted this deal on amazon and have to say glad i did. after my son broke his other tablet i ordered this and was very happy.
he had been more than happy with his old tablet until he inevitably dropped it, got this as a surprise for his birthday and the display and speed far outclassed the old one. i would recommend this tablet to anyone for watching video's and playing games etc, its seems to be a great all round tablet. at just below £50 which is what i paid i am more than happy.
the only downside was the cheap and nasty stylus which was supplied with it, before i had managed to apply the screen protector my giddy son had rubbed the stylus across the screen and scratched it with the stylus as the rubber end had come completely off and just left a sharp metal edge. apart from this which was an additional freebie, go for it !!!!!!!!!!! (and they supplied a free screen protector, just make sure you apply it asap..
on 13 June 2014
Item arrived in good time but that is where the positives end, the tablet was not fit for use would not do anything kept freezing had to press small button on back to reset every two mins was not able to do anything on this at all, useless product avoid at all costs seller did give a refund swiftly so at least there was that but pay a little more and get a branded product as you get what you pay for buy you would at least think it would let you do the simplest of functions but no !!! Total junk, seller should be ashamed of themselves for passing this off as a budget tablet its total crap AVOID!!!
on 12 March 2014
Ordered this Wednesday midday with regular shipping - it arrived on Thursday afternoon! Charged it up and had a play - I was expecting it to be pretty bog standard - we also have latest gen IPad , so wasn't expecting massively favourable comparisons given this was just a little over a tenth of the price of the IPad. But in all aspects it's a lot better than a tenth of the quality. Yes, the screen isn't anywhere near te quality, but absolutely fine for most things unless you're a hardcore user of heavy graphics. .The cameras, to be fair, are a little bit pants and I wouldn't use them if I was videoconferencing all the time (but then we have the IPad for that.

Some reviews also said the battery life was rubbish. But it seems pretty much in line with its spec (8 hours I think), and we personally don't use it much on the go, mostly at home, so it's never much of an effort to plug it in after that space of time.

For a bit over 50 quid, amazing VFM, does everything it needs to and came far quicker than I was expecting. Full marks!
on 27 December 2013
Bought on specification item lives up to expectations. Glass screen must be a bonus. although cameras not tried yet though.
on 13 May 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET IT IS SHOCKING AND DONT WORK. I HAVE NOW RETURNED 2 ITEMS AS BOTH WERE DAMAGED OR WENT WRONG.
on 24 April 2014
I already had a A13 tablet but was so slow, I'm so glad I upgraded to A20 Allwinner Dual Core. It makes such a difference with playing videos, screen is so vibrant, also copying files to External SD card everything is so smooth (just a little tip transfer all apps to work on External SD card it gives you a much better operation of all apps) Also opt for 64Gb SD card class10 so much more room for films and TV series. I'mm looking forward to my 4 hour flight just so I can watch everything I have downloaded to SD card, lots of Youtube stuff to watch too.
on 18 April 2014
I bought two of these for my older children...for gifts, one had to be sent back failed to work hen unplugged from the charger, contacted seller who i have to say were excellent, and sent me a replacement return of post, the tablet works great lots of apps on it...my son is over the moon, the camera is no great but then what do you expect in this price range.....fingers crossed the other one works as it should...so i've given it 4 stars for the return of one......other than that it was a great buy i would definately reccomend it....
on 23 April 2014
Although not runing the latest version of Android, the installed verios (4.2.2 Jelly Bean) is relatively recent, and includes some important security features. The tablet is very responsive, with a very good WiFi performance. It iis even rooted as standard, with the 'su' binary and busybox linux utilities pre-installed. The screen resolution is on the low side for a 9" tablet, but still clear and perfectly usable.. Superb value and a great first tablet. I've not used the cameras so I can't comment on their performance.
on 13 January 2014
Just received it couple of days ago looks great , does what it says .... I loved it . Would recommend it to everyone....