5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life
I first read this book about three years ago when I was sixteen. At that time I was depressed, ill and thought nothing could make that go away. I read this book in three days, i just couldn't put it down. I can only describe it as a ray of light that shattered that darkness and changed my life. I have read the other reviews posted here and resent those people who try...
Published on 24 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing? Well it's a start!
Don't be fooled: this is a work of fiction designed to carry a philosophical message.
Not that there's anything wrong with that; this is often the best way to explain deep concepts to people - I seem to recall that an ancient preacher called Jesus used the same tool. Nonetheless, contrary to what many seem to believe, there is no ancient Prophecy on a lost (and...
Published on 15 July 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars New age for the masses, 24 Sep 2003
Iain Black - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I finally got round to ordering this book after spying it for about a year. Maybe the long wait increased my expectations but i just didn't see what the fuss was about.
This book consists of dull characters, spirituality to make you occasionaly cringe and no story to hold your attention. I dont want to write such a negative review but the idea that the main character just wanders around and says nothing witty or funny (he is like dead wood down a river) whilst helping begin a new age of spirituality is quite dire. I can appreciate that the story is just a way of getting to the core message, the insights(which are not insights at all, just the authors beliefs on where he thinks humans are headed), but the story is beyond boring, think hollywood stuff here. Getting shot at, witnesses going missing, government suppression blah blah blah.
The insights themselves will at least be interesting you say, sadly, not really. Anyone who has more than 2 books on spirituality will know most of this. Not to give much away but one of the first insights is on how humans will learn to see the 'aura'. It continues in the same vein on how people will awaken spiritually in the beginning of this century. Seems a bit like Buddha meets Terence McKenna without any mention of either. At least the author could have pulled in a couple of references as to evidence corrobarating with the insights. Not to be, apparently people have never heard of 'auras', or that the mayan calendar stops around 2012 (bit from book about spiritual awakenment at beginning of century anybody?). The whole beef i have with this book is that the story floats in it's own existence, there is no grounding when you know the author must at least have some reason to believe in what he is saying.
I am being pretty hard on this book, just because it such a tired story which dosen't bother to reinforce the reader with the feeling that this 'actually' may happen. I never found myself saying 'gee, what if this is true'. No such realization i'm afraid. This book will not change you like 'Zen and the art of motorycle maintenance' (or Lila which i thought better!).
So the book on the whole is simplistic and short on detail. If you have never heard of this stuff before, sure, give it a try but i think it is just the authors collection of most-wanted religious beliefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Kindle Edition)
Read this book with an open mind, very interesting! You will probably identify with lots throughout but I've found this enlightening and engaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars very spritual book with a lesson for us all, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Kindle Edition)
I think this book has something for everyone to learn when they are ready to read it.
It changed my view point

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read for all, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Kindle Edition)
This book opens one up to a new and brighter way of thinking. Whatever religion you may be, as a human you will relate to all that is contained in the words of this book. It has the ability to lift you up to a new level, particularly if you pay attention and use each insight for yourself as you read! You will be all the better for reading The Celestine Prophecy! Enjoy :) xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Celestine Prophecy, 31 Jan 2014
G. cross "crossman" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
Excellent book! Couldn't put it down. The story propels you into the authors world and holds your attention to the very end. A wonderful life tool as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars You must read this!, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
This book is amazing. It changed my life and my way of thinking.

If you have often questioned your purpose in life and the reason for certain events, then you will be intrigued by this book. Once finished, I immediately bought the follow up books which are just as fascinating.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a secret, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I happened to find this book in a second hand bookstore and thought it looked interesting. Like many others, I found that I couldn't put it down and absolutely loved it. I now want to get all James Redfield's books! I'd read The Secret by R Byrne a few months before and really liked that. As I was reading The Celestine Prophecy I thought to myself, 'this guy knows the Secret' and noticed that the book was published long before R Byrne's. I later discovered from looking on Amazon that James Redfield and R Byrne had indeed actually written a book together.
If I had to criticize the book in any way, I suppose the contents of the insights are explained almost too much within the story. Each chapter deals with a different 'insight' contained in the ancient manuscript in the story, and you can't wait to find out what the next one is. I also noticed that once you finish the book, you are aware of how many little 'clues' you were given all along about something which would happen later on.
I now look forward to seeing the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are lost, then this book will help you find yourself, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I learned of this book from a friend, which apparently is how it is mean to be. Althugh it is written as a novel, it has a deeper meaning and for me, at least, it pulled together thoughts and feelings that I have had and experienced over many years. It has also lead to many more interesting things happening in my life. Not a book for everyone, but acknowledge coincidence and embrace the moment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
This book is so insightful, it will blow your mind. It will take you on a journey of self discovery. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 23 July 2011
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I had been recommended to read The Celestine Prophecy. Hard to sum up in just a few words how powerful this is. I think it is perhaps a book that everyone should read at some point - and I think somehow you know when it is YOUR time to read it. Some of the wording is somewhat Americanised, but the whole concept and sentiment captured in the book is what is really important. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›