5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book that would look good on any coffee table
I can not speak highly enough of this book.

Highly original and beautifully written - each project is clearly laid out and easy to follow.

All the materials are easy to acquire and there are plenty of excellent tips that makes each project a joy to work on.

Published 11 months ago by Mr. Murray Ayrton

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm beyond this book when it comes to DIY
The pictures in this book were well done but when it comes to the ideas; they are simple, some require specialised tools while others are an unnecessary amount of work for a minimal amount of return. The best thing about this book is the fact that it inspires me that I could write a much better book with much better ideas.
Published 10 months ago by bexx

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book that would look good on any coffee table, 31 July 2013
I can not speak highly enough of this book.

I have made several of the pieces of furniture and each has been successful. I particularly enjoyed making the Breezy Table which now sits proudly in our living room.

The illustrations of the projects and the photographs are of the highest quality.

I am sure that everyone that buys this book will rediscover the joy of woodworking.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 14 Nov 2013
Good book, good read, full of tips and ideas. Useful for the DIY to the expert etc... Good value for money. Thank you,

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for famously 'cynical' brother, 31 Oct 2013
John Walker (Shoreham by Sea, UK) - See all my reviews
As the title suggests, I bought this as a gift for my brother; an inveterate DIYer who is often damning of other people's efforts and advice. It was his reaction that made me realise I was on to a winner. He's already earmarked at least three of the projects on his 'To Do before Christmas' list - I wouldn't be surprised to see the dog kennel adorning our garden on the morning of the 25th!

Each project is explained in clear language; a lack of jargon is something I always look for when buying a 'how to' book. That said, the author doesn't patronise the reader and the photographs/illustrations only add to the feeling that anybody with a tiny bit of skill could produce something of beauty; the sun lounger being a case in point.

I cannot recommend this book enough - a well deserved five stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm beyond this book when it comes to DIY, 5 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the absolute beginner!, 25 Aug 2013
I always wanted to make something from scratch but didn't know where to start. Plus, none of the woodworking books I found ever had anything in them I really wanted in my home. Finally a book full of pieces I would LoVe to have! I'm starting with the plant arbour and finding the instructions really helpful and easy follow. Fantastic book!