4.0 out of 5 stars if you interested in the Army?
There are plenty of reviews here both good and bad. But despite the poor reviews I watched and really enjoyed this.
I am ex army, but I'm no sas expert by any means, and I found the sas selection part of the film to be very interesting and fairly well researched. I thought the acting was ok. I thought Noel Clarke was very good in it as the sas instructor.
The...
Published 1 month ago by Daniel G. Egan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down
Well as I'm x army I was keen to see how close to the real SAS this film would go. The location spot on, The training was so so.
But once the film gets to 3months later it all goes down hill, the mission, the way they clear rooms, the list is endless total pants.
Over all not a bad film but don't think for one sec that the SAS work like this... They don't.
Published 7 months ago by Stephen Sykes

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't expecting a great deal but was interested in the take on SAS ..., 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I wasn't expecting a great deal but was interested in the take on SAS training which hasn't really been covered before.
I can only assume that the director was stricken my some hideous disability that robbed him of sight, sound and any other sense which may have contributed to this shockingly dire "film"
One positive you can take from the film is that anyone can direct a film, go on pick up a camera and choose a script as it can't be any worse than this.
If you haven't already got the message do not buy this film even if you are being held against your will by a giant sherbert dib dab who will suffocate you with his sherberty goodness using you as a lollipop unless you press the buy button.
I'm off to build a time machine to try and relive the time I have just wasted watching this tripe.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd watch anything and be fair but this is cack, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: I Am Soldier (Blu-ray)
Omg, nuff said!!

3.0 out of 5 stars could have been so much better, a poor mans Ultimate, 1 Aug 2014
Disappointing, could have been so much better, a poor mans Ultimate Force

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish..., 3 April 2014
This review is from: I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
As a former soldier,I have never seen so much crap,regarding the SAS,..the confrontation with the enemy,was laughable,THIS SO CALLED PORTRAYAL OF THE SAS,is an absolute disgrace for those members of THE REGIMENT.....PAST AND PRESENT..

5.0 out of 5 stars From a Sergeant in the Royal Logistics Corps (Army Cook) with a twist, to SAS Trooper in just under two hours!, 10 Nov 2014
Great movie!

Real in-depth training regime, almost true too life. Alas the ending could have been better, which goes to show, if you have the RIGHT Technical Advisor, the ending would have been spectacular!

The five star's I have given this movie is for SAS Selection Training, which covers 3/4 of the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gritty and realistic portrayal, 15 April 2014
Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside) - See all my reviews
I am a Soldier is a gritty and realistic potrayal of the SAS, one of the most difficult regiemes to join. The film gives an insight of the rigorous and gruelling selection candidates goes through. It is a test of endurance and character. Only a small number scrape through. Much of the film focus on the selection process, followed by the training for the ones who make it. It is not a film noted for action and excitement. If you are looking for action and excitement, I would look eleswhere. I would recommend Expendables as it is your typical popcorn movie..The film offers a different perspective about being a soldier. The mental and physical aspects are well touched upon. There are facts about SAS throughout the film. The film gives you an idea about life in the SAS. The direction and acting are professionally done and achieve a good impact through the camera work. I am Soldier is meant to be insightful piece of film making showing the harsh realities of being a SAS troop. It is something different to appreciate. The film is low budget and highly intense. If you are interested about what is like being elite troop, then I would recommend the film. It is a hollowing and realistic account. I have to applaud the film making.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sequal or TV series to follow?, 16 Aug 2014
Enjoyable, but too short...

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: I Am Soldier (Blu-ray)
I Am Soldier follows Mickey Tomlinson (Tom Hughes), a military chef, who attempts the most dangerous military selection known to man: The Special Air Service (S.A.S.) selection. The S.A.S. Is the United Kingdom's most renowned Special Forces Regiment, tasked with life threatening missions in some of the most dangerous places on the planet. Mickey has more military experience than simply being a chef, something he doesn't let on to the other candidates... Mickey is smashed by this selection process - his mind, body and soul scream for mercy as he endures torturous speed-marches over the steepest mountains, running for his life during 'Escape and Evasion' and then facing the most evil interrogation possible, during the deadly phase known as: 'Tactical Questioning.' Even after everything, there is still only one way you can really prove yourself: in combat... Many try to get into the S.A.S. Only the elite make it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Am Soldier, 1 April 2014
Little Miss - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This film wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It's not really an action movie, more of a psychological drama piece with the emphasis placed on the actors to showcase their talents. Tom Hughes is really solid in the central role and Noel Clarke is good as the grumpy, snarling senior officer. Think Top Gun but without the planes and explosions. This film takes more time to focus on the mental pressure of coping with the training and all the stress and tragedies that can come with it. It would have been nice to have more special features on the disc though. There is a 'making of' but it's quite brief. Overall it's a good film that stands up to repeated viewings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-hitting and Gritty!, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
A realistic portrayal of real SAS training. The director really makes the audience feel every brutal task the candidates are faced with. If you enjoyed Full Metal Jacket this film is a must! Great performances and brilliantly directed!

I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014]
I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014] by Ronnie Thompson (DVD - 2014)