5.0 out of 5 stars Great for medium/low-end graphics gaming, very happy
I bought this laptop as I wanted one which could function as a middle/low end gaming laptop. I play strategy games and the Sims, neither of those games require a higher-end machine so this was perfect. It takes less than a minute from switching on to typing something in Google, and that's with over 80GB of games installed (mostly low-end ones from Steam).

In...
Published 7 months ago by Miss F. D. Elliott

This laptop has excellent headline specs but with budget laptop performance. How ASUS messed this up so much, I do not know.
The screen is certainly a con I've never owned or used a laptop with such a terrible screen.

I've had this machine now for 6 months and it is the worst laptop i have ever owned.
I can't believe the positive reviews of this...
Published 13 days ago by A. Nicholaou

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for medium/low-end graphics gaming, very happy, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Asus X550CC-XO071H 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-3337U 1.8GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW, NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

In terms of price I paid only £478.58 in June 2014 and that was delivered with Amazon Prime. I added it to my wishlist, kept looking at it and then (surprise coming) the price dropped by £40. This model was still about £100 cheaper than at PC World/Currys.

The laptop allows you to change the volume without minimizing a full-screen game which is a bonus (my old laptop made you minimize). The USB ports are only on one side which is a little irritating if you're right-handed and want to use a cabled mouse - I had to get a wireless one. Sound quality is very good. As an aside, Windows 8.1 is better but I don't use the garish tiles screen - just go straight to desktop. I admit it does look good but in terms of usability the desktop is easier. Perhaps I could change the tiles to provide links to games but I don't get why it's there.

The laptop itself is very light and I was surprised with how thin it was. The mousepad is comfortable to use (you don't get that weird carpet-burn like feeling on your fingers after using it for a while).

I am able to play the Sims 3 with all expansions at maximum graphics settings. Same for Civilization 5. Games that tend to be released in the same format on Xbox One however I think will struggle - I don't imagine this game being able to play Watchdogs at anything other than the lowest settings but I may be wrong. If you're looking to buy a laptop that will play ANY game that comes out or has done within the next 2 years then you'll be looking at spending twice this.

Overall I do recommend this laptop, I did a lot of research and it is what I was looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible screen, slow keyboard, can't handle movie motion well, 18 Feb. 2015
A. Nicholaou (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews

I can't believe the positive reviews of this laptop. The screen is attrocious. The viewing angle is so bad you can't view properly the whole screen from top to bottom without having to adjust the angle, e.g. blacks might be fine at the bottom of the screen but you can't see them at the top. Test this of MS calculator on windows 8 or any jpg and see how awful the viewing angel for any colour not just black.
In youtube or iplayer motion is jerky at 720p. How the hell does that happen on a machine with these specs.
BTW that 2gig graphics card is only for games, what nonesense is that?
The keyboard is slow, especially when deleting whole lines. The buttons don't feel quality though acceptable.
The volume butttons require a function button press first, that is stupid.
The battery, 1hr and 50mins, that is way too short for these days.
The speakers and amp for headphones are not on par with my 10 year old Dell, particularly the headphone amp!!
This laptop has two things going for it. It is lightweight and does keep cool.
For the attrocious screen alone do not buy this laptop unless you get it real cheap eg less than £250.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop especially for the price that I got it ..., 14 Dec. 2014
Great laptop especially for the price that I got it at. A sleek, light, slimline design with good integrated graphics and large ram space. The speaker quality is excellent and louder than any other laptop/ mac that I have come across. I have not even needed to use any external speakers even when recording and playing music along to tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Nov. 2014
Insert button is hell to use, by not being beside delete.
Other than that, everything you would expect. Came very well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars good laptop, 16 July 2014
Andy T "A T" (uk North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought to play elder scrolls online. Works perfectly on medium to high settings. Very good laptop for the low price

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop that meets the need, 11 Aug. 2014
Quick dispatch and will packaged - ASUS design is quite robust, meets the need for mobility, space-saving, and multi-tasking. System has a fast turn-on from sleep mode, so if there is no genuine need to turn the laptop off every night, then closing the lid puts it to sleep. Obviously it's advisable to turn it fully off every now and then, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon and the company I bought it through via them have been fine, pity about the machine, 22 Oct. 2014
B. E. Littleton (South wales UK) - See all my reviews
Got this on Oct 20 so arrived early . It decided to update windows and that was as far as I ever got really .It stuck and nothing I ( or asus's helpline ) could do would make it work . So have emailed and am awaiting collection for an agreed refund . Amazon and the company I bought it through via them have been fine , pity about the machine .

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 8 Oct. 2014
Prompt delivery. Great functional laptop, easy on the eye with a quality feel

5.0 out of 5 stars i am satisfied with my purchase, 8 Oct. 2014
i am satisfied with my purchase, shipping was quick, the pc is working properly, although it had some problems with speed- opening a simple music player or just copying music or pictures between pc and usb would take ages... aaaand windows 8 -took me some time to get used to it. But everything is allright so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Sept. 2014
Had this laptop since yesterday, had to downgrade back to Windows 7 as 8 yuk fast performance with core i5 going to upgrade the RAM when i can Minecraft works amazing 80fps or 70 on decent settings and you can do other tasks not to heavy fast dispatch 5 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›