5.0 out of 5 stars Great for medium/low-end graphics gaming, very happy
I bought this laptop as I wanted one which could function as a middle/low end gaming laptop. I play strategy games and the Sims, neither of those games require a higher-end machine so this was perfect. It takes less than a minute from switching on to typing something in Google, and that's with over 80GB of games installed (mostly low-end ones from Steam).

In...
Published 11 months ago by Miss F. D. Elliott

1.0 out of 5 stars 8GHz Processor PLEASE WITH THIS PRICE I WILL GET A PRETTY GOOD i7 WITH 980 NVIDIA WITH SSD 17
REALLY EXPENSIVE FOR A i5 3º GENERATION FROM 4 YEARS AGO ALSO WITHOUT SSD.
JUST 15.6-inch
ONLY 1.8GHz Processor
PLEASE WITH THIS PRICE I WILL GET A PRETTY GOOD i7 WITH 980 NVIDIA WITH SSD 17.3 INCH.
Published 4 months ago by Luiz Carlos Canguini

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for medium/low-end graphics gaming, very happy, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: ASUS X550CC-XO071H 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-3337U 1.8GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW, NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

In terms of price I paid only £478.58 in June 2014 and that was delivered with Amazon Prime. I added it to my wishlist, kept looking at it and then (surprise coming) the price dropped by £40. This model was still about £100 cheaper than at PC World/Currys.

The laptop allows you to change the volume without minimizing a full-screen game which is a bonus (my old laptop made you minimize). The USB ports are only on one side which is a little irritating if you're right-handed and want to use a cabled mouse - I had to get a wireless one. Sound quality is very good. As an aside, Windows 8.1 is better but I don't use the garish tiles screen - just go straight to desktop. I admit it does look good but in terms of usability the desktop is easier. Perhaps I could change the tiles to provide links to games but I don't get why it's there.

The laptop itself is very light and I was surprised with how thin it was. The mousepad is comfortable to use (you don't get that weird carpet-burn like feeling on your fingers after using it for a while).

I am able to play the Sims 3 with all expansions at maximum graphics settings. Same for Civilization 5. Games that tend to be released in the same format on Xbox One however I think will struggle - I don't imagine this game being able to play Watchdogs at anything other than the lowest settings but I may be wrong. If you're looking to buy a laptop that will play ANY game that comes out or has done within the next 2 years then you'll be looking at spending twice this.

Overall I do recommend this laptop, I did a lot of research and it is what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop especially for the price that I got it ..., 14 Dec. 2014
Great laptop especially for the price that I got it at. A sleek, light, slimline design with good integrated graphics and large ram space. The speaker quality is excellent and louder than any other laptop/ mac that I have come across. I have not even needed to use any external speakers even when recording and playing music along to tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Nov. 2014
Insert button is hell to use, by not being beside delete.
Other than that, everything you would expect. Came very well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars good laptop, 16 July 2014
Andy T "A T" (uk North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought to play elder scrolls online. Works perfectly on medium to high settings. Very good laptop for the low price

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop that meets the need, 11 Aug. 2014
Quick dispatch and will packaged - ASUS design is quite robust, meets the need for mobility, space-saving, and multi-tasking. System has a fast turn-on from sleep mode, so if there is no genuine need to turn the laptop off every night, then closing the lid puts it to sleep. Obviously it's advisable to turn it fully off every now and then, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 8 Oct. 2014
Prompt delivery. Great functional laptop, easy on the eye with a quality feel

5.0 out of 5 stars i am satisfied with my purchase, 8 Oct. 2014
i am satisfied with my purchase, shipping was quick, the pc is working properly, although it had some problems with speed- opening a simple music player or just copying music or pictures between pc and usb would take ages... aaaand windows 8 -took me some time to get used to it. But everything is allright so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Sept. 2014
Had this laptop since yesterday, had to downgrade back to Windows 7 as 8 yuk fast performance with core i5 going to upgrade the RAM when i can Minecraft works amazing 80fps or 70 on decent settings and you can do other tasks not to heavy fast dispatch 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the money, 5 Jan. 2015
Great laptop, never had troubles with it and had it for quite some time now. Can handle quite a lot of games, even Battlefield 4. If you're a casual gamer, and you are not bothered about having the best graphics, this is a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really nice netbook but some little things to have in mind!, 6 Mar. 2014
Overall I am quite satisfied about this laptop: Asus X550CC-XO071H 15.6-inch Laptop.

I think the first user who posted the review was a bit too exagerated though but I agree with a few things:

1. However I found some downsides, first, I was surprised of how for being a portable notebook the battery doesn't last very long when playing a game or using a few applications!

2.The other thing I was quite disappointed with was with windows 8, I find it hard to use! yes hard to use, I am telling you. I prefer windows 7, as it is much better and much more friendly user as well. I actually thimk windows 8 is another lemon comparable to windows vista. Big mistake coming from you Microsoft!!

3. I bought this notebook in order to be able to play some games, I am quite happy about the performance of nvidia geforce graphic card. I am currently playing the last tomb raider without having had any problems, just a couple of crashes so far.

4. Screen resolution is nice, the speakers sound is all right, although I wouldnt use them just for listening top quality audio though

5. Regarding the mouse touch I agree with the first reviewer, there seems to be something wrong, if I make a slight movement with the fingers some random windows 8 tails appear in the screen, and I am telling you, thats so annoying, I am wondering if this would happen if windows 7 was installed. I would suggest to check the manual on how to use the mouse first as there are many mouse movements to learn from this touch

6. Another problem is that they have made it very complicated to be able to boot from a linux usb or c.d. i am really struggling in order to find out how to do it! I think asus should make it easier for a linux user in order to be able to boot from linux

7. So overall quiote satisfied with the netbook lthough some downsides mainly due to the windpws 8 operating system, which by the way I will replace it by windows 7

Thank You and enjoy your new machine!! O.J