5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:38 Mins
Shortly after installation:
I purchased this during the free installation offer. The company that came out, Nationwide Heating Services, did an excellent job explaining where it should go and how to use it.

There are 2 parts to the Nest, the actual control unit and a small box. This box sits between the Nest and the boiler. In...
Published 8 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Buying is one thing. Getting it installed is another!
I know Nest is only new to the UK but I need to report that the company they have outsourced installation to is failing miserably. Here is the timeline so far:
3 Apr - Purchased nest through Nest wesbite with fast installation (£70 extra). The day after they launched in the UK
6 Apr - Recieved the thermostat
9 Apr - After emailing Nest support they advised...
Published 7 months ago by MattD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better., 10 Dec 2014
J. Gillespie "JoeG" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
Professionally installed and works as promised but I don't see any great savings in my heating bill so far. Would be better if the large display showed the ambient temperature instead of the set temperature so that I had more control and if the software showed a graph of the actual temperature instead of just the set heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic User Interface, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
Its a programmable thermostat that controls your heating. It just happens to to this way better than any other device I have used to do that before and something that people notice and comment on positively.

I had a programmable thermostat before but the interface was very poor. Everything about this is on higher level. Really simple - I have not looked at any documentation as everything is really obvious, very flexible, works well, supports mobile devices, looks good and even feels like a quality product and not a piece of plastic. For example turn the device to increase / decrease the temperature verses press a number of small buttons.

The simplest way to consider this is remember all those early MP3 players that where not intuitive to use, iPod came along and although did the same general job it dominated the market. This to me is exactly the same and not surprising if you know the history of the company.

Can you get the same general functionality for much less cash - yes but with a poor interface. I am a very happy customer. Its not by accident that google paid $3.2bn to buy this company, so although £170 is not cheep I believe its excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
Despite the mixed reviews on Amazon, I think the Nest is fantastic. Yes I have a combi boiler, so it just controls the heating (which is all it should do).
The interface is fantastic - the same view on the web, a tablet, or a smartphone - all very intuitive and clever. The Heat Link unit (the bit that talks to the boiler) installed within 20 mins - just give it 240v and the switch wires to the boiler. Plus this package only has two components, the Nest Thermostat (which has WiFi built-in) and the Heat Link - not three like a popular device marketed by a big energy company.
Oh, and it has an occupancy sensor so it knows when you're home, a humidistat to switch on the heating to prevent the house feeling damp and can have an infinite number of timing schedules created. Excellent piece of kit, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit-from an installer of many!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
I am a heating engineer and have been installing these devices since the first day they were available. As a company we are installing about 15 a day and me personally I have installed about 50. I have yet to come to a system where it can not be installed. I have scanned through these so called reviews by people that have no clue what they are talking about. This is the best out of all the current wifi learning thermostats available. Very slick and a very competitive price. As for the stand it isn't the cheapest but when you receive it you will see why. Very good solid quality. If it can't be installed in your house the chance is the installer doesn't know what he/she is doing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very elegant and simple design, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
The initial free installation offer seemed a bit swamped (never heard back from them), so I installed it myself.

Really easy to set up, paired with no trouble, and it somehow automatically linked itself up to my Nest account without me having to enter my account details. Very nifty.

Beautiful design, lovely interface, neat iPhone app. Huge improvement on my old setup. Love all the stats about humidity/temp, linking to weather forecast, calculations about the speed of room heating etc. I've set it up on a stand initially, which is also beautifully designed and manufactured. Very satisfied so far...

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Heating Cool !, 18 April 2014
S. Gardiner - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
Had mine fitted yesterday so thought i'd better write a review (even though i didn't purchase through Amazon).

I was a little bit worried before recieving mine due to all of the negative reviews that i kept reading. If you look at them though all of the negativity appears to be from people who haven't properly read up about the product prior to ordering. Nest recommend that you have a professional installation, so if you do it yourself and then bodge it up then you really shouldn't be complaining. The product won't control your hot water which is ok for me as i have a combi.

The engineer who fitted mine was a top bloke, really knowledgable and the installation took around an hour. It is now in its learning phase. If you like your gadgets then you'll love the nest, its a really tactile, beautiful piece, you just can't help touching it on the way past, i never had this kind of intimate relationship with my old Honeywell :0

The online stuff seems to work great, i have had a couple of occassions when it has reported as being offline but that seems to have cured itself so i'm not going to stress about it.

All in all great and loving it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Installation was easy and took about 20 minutes, 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
Received the Nest thermostat today, first impressions are that this is a quality manufactured piece of tech. I have only just received it so the thermostat is in its learning phase. Installation was easy and took about 20 minutes. Setup of both wifi and connection to the heatlink were faultless and virtually instant. I am using this with a Potterton Promax HE condensing combi boiler which just uses the low voltage option. I connected common to connection 2 and Call for heat to connection 3. Everything works correctly first time. Will update this review when the thermostat has finished learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, saving money already!, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
I bought the nest thermostat with the free installation offer & have been using it for about a week now. What a great buy! I didn't have a thermostat before, but ran the heating on a timed programme, on for 2-3 hrs in the morning, another 3-4 hrs in the afternoon/evening. As with any thermostat, the nest will only put the heating on to take the house up to the target temperature and so far there has been a clear saving compared to my normal heating hours.

Unlike a normal thermostat though, you can log in and see how long and when your heating was on, which certainly makes you very aware of usage & focused on potential savings (albeit I'm £179 in for the Nest!). Maybe the novelty will wear off, but being able to control the heating away from home is great too & again has kept my usage down - great for getting the house warmed up again for when you get back.

The installation was completed professionally under the free installation offer. He finished the job quickly & easily, no issues & apparently had an order book of 100s to install. He had not encountered any problems either. For me, this was a great buy, I had considered nest vs hive vs tado, but was won over by the free installation, definitively no regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
I have been waiting for this product to come to the UK ever since it came out in the US, now we have it I order ours on the 7th and got it on the 8th and installed it myself on the same day without any problems just took me about 45 minutes. I did have a British Gas Hive Install so this why I could install it myself as I had all the wiring schematics, and after 2 days with it run it’s just fantastic!
We did have British Gas Hive, but after one month I had to ask for a refunded as it just kept going wrong and I was on the phone every other day for help!

But now we have the Nest it’s just the Best Thermostat we have ever own! So don’t listen to the bad review on here as a lot of the people on these don’t seem to know what they are writing about!
Thank you so much Nest!

Now all I need is the Nest Protect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should with exception of hot water production control, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Nest Learning Thermostat (DIY & Tools)
Quick delivery from amazon.uk to Belgium.
Easy install on a junkers radostar ehle 34 heater. Took about 20 min to install. Unfortunately there is no support outside of US and UK (I live in Belgium) but fortunately this wasn't necessary. Dissapointed there is no hot water control function, (had to leave old programmer in place for that) but maybe this will come with a future software upgrade? No app for blackberry. Doesn't include wires between heatlink and heater (should be added in the package in my opinion.) Also unfortunate, that the stand doesn't include a back plate so it's either stand or wall: you can't move the thermostat between the two. I would have also liked to be able to purchase thermostat independently from heatlink to have multiple thermostats in the house. For the rest, I think this is a well designed and effective product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›