5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine on Leith
This is a wonderful film the characters but totally believable and fantastically normal. The songs are uplifting and catchy, my daughter at 9yrs is totally addicted to listening to the sound track. I can not recommend it enough and to all who are bored with the constant stream of American blaaaa give this a try. I guarantee you'll be smiling by the end of it.
Ps...
Published 8 months ago by Cinnamon gal

3.0 out of 5 stars thought it might be better then it was
Published 5 months ago by daniel whitehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine on Leith, 12 Nov 2013
Ps Edinburgh looks great too

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelgood Film, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
What a great way to spend an evening!
This film certainly has the feelgood factor. Great music, believable characters & storyline- it's got them all.
Certain to leave a smile on your face & you will find yourself singing the songs for days afterwards.
Think this will be one that I watch time & time again & I will be buying a copy as soon as the dvd is available.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Musical with a Decent Narrative, 2 Nov 2013
Alan Macgregor (Buckie, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
If you like the Proclaimers' direct, honest songs, then you'll enjoy this direct, honest story. The characters are believable and rounded. I enjoyed the stage show a few years back, but the film is even better. The acting is excellent, the singing as good as the original songs. The cinematography is wonderfully atmospheric. Edinburgh is one of the films stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars thought it might be better then it was, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
Like I said above I thought it might be better then it was. The start of the film was dragging on then they sang song after song I normally like that but it didn't seem really to solider guys singing. being young I didn't know half of the songs which was a shame because I might have enjoyed it more then. The ending was nice and the whole film was colourful that's why I gave 3 stars if you like song after song and like the proclaimers then you will love this film otherwise don't buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm Hearted Film, 12 Nov 2013
L. Davidson (Belfast, N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
"Sunshine on Leith" is a pleasant ,sunny musical film based around the songs of The Proclaimers and set in the band's home town of Edinburgh.The film is all about the joys,trials and tribulations of romantic love and it possesses an attractive type of innocent charm about it that I liked. The soundtrack is excellent also and I didn't realise the depth of quality of The Proclaimers songs. I only really knew their big hits like "Letter to America", "I'm On My Way" and "I'm Gonna Be" and I was pleasantly surprised to hear more of their repertoire of upbeat, catchy songs. The songs are integrated smoothly into the interesting storyline of the film which features on-off youthful love affairs and the marital difficulties of an older couple. "Sunshine on Leith" is an upbeat,happy film and it is a refreshing antidote to some of the more unpleasant types of film which are the norm in present day cinema schedules.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic feel good film, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
We had gone to Blackpool for a few days break but it rained for the 4 days we were there,we looked for inside entertainment but all the shows we wanted to see we're booked up.The pictures were the last option and this film was being shown on the first day of it being released and the revues were all very good.We were glad it rained !!!! We laughed we cried, the humour and the music was fabulous we have now pre ordered the DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars We want a Christmas release for the DVD!, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
Fabulous! A simple storyline, but there was dancing in the aisles. We all left the cinema with a smile on our faces. A great film to lift the spirit. 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars sunny Leith, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
A great advert for Edinburgh. Superb photographic views and panoramas which really sell Scotland's capital city. The final sequence is best, in my opinion. Cast is excellent too ...

4.0 out of 5 stars A letter from America......, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith [DVD] (DVD)
Davy and Ally have to re-learn how to live life in Edinburgh after coming home from serving in Afghanistan.

Both struggle to learn to live a life outside the army and to deal with the everyday struggles of family, jobs and relationships.... And two mysterious twins, who we see once coming out of a pub.......

Take it of leave it, Sunshine On Leith is a huge hug of a movie, and its one of the most fun films I've seen in a long time. If you don't like musicals, it's still a beautiful movie, and The Wonderful songs just add to the narrative.

Fletcher proves after Wild Bill, he is a great film maker, and to handle a musical and such a great dance number at the end is a wonderful feat.

The cast are great, but what makes the film so good, is the Horrocks and Mullan subplot, it literally had me crying on more than one occasion.

The locale is beautiful, and despite a dodgy opening (those credits look ridiculously cheap), the film doesn't let up until the already said wonderful dance at the end.

Mamma Mia May have the star power, but this has more heart, and more warmth to it.

Highly recommended...

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment! Really bad acting, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith (Blu-ray)
We could not wait to see this movie after being misled by all the hype before hand. What a disappointment! Really bad acting, even worse singing and a story line that would test the patience of Job! There was more cheese than a Welsh Rarebit and plastic characters that made Thunderbirds puppets look like a positive alternative. Trust me......don't go there!

Sunshine On Leith [Blu-ray]
Sunshine On Leith [Blu-ray] by George Richmond (Blu-ray - 2014)
10.32