5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product
Like one of the other reviewers I was attracted to the case because the magnetic clap is on what seems to be the more sensible side. Being attached to the front of the case this means it is out of the way when the case is open and when the case is used as a stand it won't hang over and obstruct the screen.

Case quality is good and it looks understated, holds...
Published 16 months ago by Zac

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality materials spoil a good design.
Published 11 months ago by fleshzombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 22 Dec. 2013
Zac (Aberdeen UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: aLLreli® Google Nexus 5 16GB 32GB Smart Book Protective Magnetic Folio Flip Phone Case - LG Nexus 5 Ultra Slim / Light Case Wallet Cover Leather (PU) Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Case quality is good and it looks understated, holds the phone well and incorporated slots for of couple of credit cards or bank notes so allowing you to dispense with your wallet for the night if you wish. The fact that it protects the screen when closed means I don't worry about it if it is in the bottom of my bag.

Has apparently gone up in price by more than 50% since I bought it but good value even at the new price. Makes you wonder why anyone would pay some of the ridiculous prices that some other phone cases are. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Nov. 2013
I'm very happy with the product! The main reason I chose this case was because it was the only case listed on the entirety of Amazon that had the strap on the preferred side of the case but I also chose it because it looked smart and neat and I liked that the actual phone holder was hard rubber and not horrible clear plastic like the other case I almost went for.

The only thing I would mention (and this is down to design), is that the front top slit of the case for the earpiece is just slightly too high and I think it should be cut to shape it personally rather than being a rectangle-shaped cutout. Also, this case would be even more perfect if there was a hole cut out on the front of the case at the bottom where the notification light shows. Just a couple of suggestions to aLLreli!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain for the money, 15 Jan. 2014
Bought this as a stop gap until I get a nice hand-made Noreve one but to be honest I was impressed at how good it was. I didn't expect much but it fits perfectly, is slim and for PU 'leather' it's pretty decent looking. It also functions well when using it as a stand to watch stuff on the screen.

The only reason is loses a star is because the magnetic closing strip is already starting to separate along the edge a bit. I'm surprised, given the stitching in it, that the maker doesn't add stitches to this part as that's the most vulnerable to damage.

Also, keep it away from rail tickets - the magnetic part will render the crappy magnetic strips on tickets useless which is very annoying if you have a season ticket! (That's not a fault of the case though - just a warning if, like me, you haven't had a magnetically closing case before and you don't think about it).

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality materials spoil a good design., 23 May 2014
I like this case in principle, the magnetic latch works fine and it fits really well over the phone, but I have now had it a couple of months and the faux leather is peeling off in big flakes and the plastic that holds the phone in place has cracked. I have not been hard on it, just in and out of my pockets as you do with a phone. It looked nice to start with, but now looks really scruffy and its time for the bin. Not really a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little phone cover, 6 May 2014
I love this cover. It's been with me for some weeks now (I thought I'd already posted a review, but seemingly not), and I'm just as happy with it as when it first arrived. Which is good. That doesn't always happen!

This case fits my Nexus 5 exactly. There is no risk of it falling out or moving about, so all the ports and so on are always accessible. The clasp is firm, but easy to open in a hurry. Charging with the case on is no problem.

The main reason I got the case was as a protective cover, and it functions well in that capacity. You can also prop the phone up in landscape mode, as shown in the pictures. I have to say, I have rarely used this facility.

I highly recommend this product to any Nexus 5 owners looking for a case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great simple case, but magnetic latch renders the compass unuseable., 5 Feb. 2014
The cases fits the phone excellently, and the the integral stand works well. However you can't see the blue alert LED when the case is closed. The worst part is that the magnetic clasp is comprised of two magnets, one of which sits directly against the phone; this renders the onboard compass unuseable. Some other cases of similar design have the tab on the phone bit rather than the screen cover; this holds its magnet 1-2cm away from the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 7 Jan. 2014
Delighted with this product. The case looks and feels nice. It makes the phone easier to hold and the flip stand is a useful feature. The magnetic catch doesn't hang over the phone obscuring the view like other cases - it can just be tucked under the case. I feel the case offers very good protection around the phone as well. I am very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Came apart but easily resolved with superglue, 15 Dec. 2014
Annie (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
The case is not too bulky but is still protective. I bought this case so I could use it with the flap flipped back on itself and then I can slip my finger under the back of the phone which I find is more comfortable for me to hold it. It is a little bulky when holding it to my ear as I then have to hold the case and phone in the conventional way with my hand around the back. It does have a cut-out at the top so, in theory, you could take a call and keep the phone case closed. However, you don't tend to shut the case after you slide to answer a call so I haven't tested this feature.

After a few weeks, the glue which kept the plastic backing attached to the faux leather case failed and came unstuck. This was easily fixed with superglue and is now fully functional once again.

3.0 out of 5 stars This case looks good but there are a few flaws, 23 Jan. 2015
Jothibasu Ramachandran (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This case looks good but there are a few flaws. First it's very difficult to type because of the flap and taking a call as well is little awkward. It's personal preference so could be overlooked. Now using the stand feature isn't good as the flap with magnetic button doesn't stay down and blocks the screen. So either you need a weight to keep it down or you try to fold it under the flap itself , like I do now. But this has already caused the leather to peel of so not one which is going to last long.

3.0 out of 5 stars unfortunate plastic, 15 Oct. 2014
More than happy with this case, much better than I expected for the price. The only problem is the plastic that holds the phone. After just two weeks all four corners had broken off and a large crack appeared in the back. On the up side of that the phone still hasn't fallen out, a matter of time I guess. A definite five stars if not for the plastic.