Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.19

on 21 November 2013
I am a big fan of Gabrielle's and mainly bought this for the 7 new tracks on CD1. It's a great compilation of most of her singles and some of her best album tracks. Personally I would have preferred "Find Your Way" from the 1st album and "Our Love Is Over" from the 2nd album to be included, instead of SEVEN tracks from her last album "Always", but those tracks are very good.

I had to knock a star off for the remixes of "Rise" and "Sunshine". They are amazing remixes in their original form, but on this album the compilers have unfortunately taken the tracks from "Rise Underground", which was a continuous mix CD of Gabrielle remixes from 2000. This results in the remix of "Sunshine" starting abruptly and fading out while it is mixing into another song; the remix of "Rise" also starts abruptly and then ends just as abruptly while it is changing song. It is a shame the compilers didn't just source these 2 remixes from the "Rise" and "Sunshine" CD singles, where they appear in their full and unedited form!
on 18 November 2013
Gabrielle has been singing her heart out since her 1993 "Find a way" debut, producing some wonderful pop-soul songs - and big hits, too - along the way. "Dreams can come true", she sang back then, and she was fortunate - and talented - enough to have seen most of hers come true, indeed. Marking the anniversary of her first No. 1 with that song, she is releasing her second best-of package, which is her most comprehensive to date. All 19 of her singles are on here, plus new one, "Say goodbye", along with 6 brand new recordings, a generous handful of lesser known album cuts that are nicely added on, and a couple of remixes (which are badly edited, though). A fitting way to celebrate 2 decades in music, during which she enjoyed artistic, as well as commercial success, very much deservingly so. The prestigious awards she was awarded with, in recognition of her artistry, are perhaps her greatest accolade of all (2 BRIT Awards, 2 MOBO Awards, an Urban Music Award, and an Ivor Novello Award). Not often there are artists who love their craft, respect their audience, expose themselves for reasons solely concerning their work and, more importantly, they never disappoint. That is why, to me, out of all greatest-hits releases in 2013, this is the most precious. Generously pop-flavoured, immensely enjoyable, this is an invaluable collection from an underground pop diva. Because that is what Gabrielle has always been, even when she was at her absolute peak during the "Rise" era (1999-2001). Gotta love her. "Now and always" is undoubtedly essential. "20 Years of dreaming" may seem like a long time but, hey, who's ever tired of dreaming...

Tracklisting:

CD 1

1. Say goodbye (previously unreleased)
2. Rise (single from "Rise")
3. When a woman (single from "Rise")
4. Knew me (previously unreleased)
5. Give me a little more time (single from "Gabrielle")
6. Dreams (featuring Naughty Boy) (previously unreleased)
7. Heartbreaker (album track from "Always")
8. Show me what you got (previously unreleased)
9. It takes time (previously unreleased)
10. Walk on by (single from "Gabrielle")
11. Out of reach (single from "Bridget Jones's Diary OST")
12. Now and always (previously unreleased)
13. Fallen angel (album track from "Play to win")
14. Holding on for you (previously unreleased)
15. Sunshine (single from "Rise")
16. Dreams (single from "Find your way")
17. Closure (album track from "Always")

CD 2

1. If you ever (East 17 feat. Gabrielle) (single from "Gabrielle")
2. Falling (album track from "Rise")
3. Going nowhere (single from "Find your way")
4. I wish (single from "Find your way")
5. I remember (album track from "Always")
6. Because of you (single from "Find your way")
7. Don't need the sun to shine (To make me smile) (single from "Dreams can come true")
8. Should I stay (single from "Rise")
9. All I want (album track from "Always")
10. Why (single from "Always")
11. Ten years' time (single from "Play to win")
12. Forget about the world (single from "Gabrielle")
13. Every little teardrop (single from "Always")
14. Show me love (album track from "Always")
15. Sunshine (Wookie main mix) (from "Rise underground")
16. Rise (Artful Dodger above board vox mix) (from "Rise underground")
17. Forget about the world (Daft Punk mix) (B-Side to single "Forget about the world")
review image review image
VINE VOICEon 23 May 2014
Despite some duplicate versions, this compilation has everything you could ever want, or need, to listen to from Gabrielle. Unless you want must have her very latest recordings that is; though the tracks on this CD are the ones that you will know and love.
I cannot imagine anyone would buy this on a whim, as they will probably already be a fan, and want the whole collection on one easy 2-disc set, as my wife did. Even if you only know one or two of her songs, the cheap price, and quality recordings will leave you more than happy.
on 18 November 2013
Got this fantastic double cd from british soul superstar gabrielle today love it especially the brand new songs just beautiful and the amazing reworked dreams is fantastic.hope it wont be long before gabs releases a brand new album of all new songs.she deserves success with this collection.must buy
on 23 December 2013
I bought this CD as I am a fan of Gabrielle and have missed her rich tones in her absence from the music scene.
The latest 2 disc CD has many of her old tracks along with 6 new songs most of which were penned by Gabrielle and her co-writers. There are 34 tracks in total and all have been recorded with class musicians and fantastic backing singers, welcome back Gabrielle at her superb best.
on 18 November 2013
All the hits apart from 2 songs and 6 new songs as well as a new version of dreams don't worry the original 1993 hit is on the cd. Love the new single say goodbye.
on 2 December 2013
I love all of her songs but to be honest if like me, you have all of her albums then you may be a bit flat. I would have preferred a brand new album with all brand new songs on it. I now have so many of repeats on all of her albums it becomes a bit annoying that I am paying over and over for the same songs. Saying that, I doubt I will ever get bored of listening to any of them. This is the only reason I have given a 4 star instead of 5 star. She has a great voice and her songs words never fail to raise something inside me. Just have to look forward to another full of all new songs that are not on any other album of hers.
on 21 November 2013
So pleased with this collection of tracks on this celebratory album. 20 Years of Dreaming is a fantastic selection of Gabrielle's hits and the new tracks were worth the wait. Welcome Back...
on 22 December 2013
Us Gabrielle fans will take what we can get. We wanted a new CD of all new material. This is a 'best of' CD. BUT, there are 7 new tunes mixed in so us fans will take it! I really enjoy the new tunes and my stand-out pick is the disco-friendly SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT. Love this tune!
on 25 November 2013
Yes all the Hits are on here but there's other tracks that don't really cut the mustard. I just found myself feeling a bit disappointed when I listened to it. Maybe it will grow on me, if not I'll just be fast forwarding t the better known songs