Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£16.88

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 February 2012
Chris Williams has known since he was a teenager than he was a sentinel. Half human and half angel his job is to protect humans from vampires, demons and evil beings of all species. Chris knows that his mate is a sentinel like him. Together they will fight evil side by side, he has anticipated finding her for years. Iasabella is a computer geek, she has written a programe that many people would like to get their hands on. Isabella agrees somewhat foolishly to a meeting at three in the morning, at a local park only to be confronted by three vampires hoping to kidnap her for their master Logan. Fortunately for her she is rescued by sentinels. Chris realises that Isabella is his life mate, but she is not what he was expecting. She is weak and does not seem to have any natural fighting skills at all, a total disappointment. But his body is responding to her, and he is finding it difficult to keep his distance.
This is the first book in the Sentinels series. We were first introduced to Chris the hero, in the first book of the Pyte seriesTall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte Series). Although both books are the first in separate series. Most of the characters from Tall Dark and Lonely are in this. I would highly recommend that you read the Pyte series book first so as not to miss anything.
This is a rollercoaster ride of a story action packed from the first page to the last. The hero Chris did grate on my nerves a bit his moods and objectionable behaviour was a bit OTT in my opinion. Isabella was a bit of a loner never having fitted in anywhere. I liked that she put Chris in his place. Had she been weak with no backbone, I would have not given this four stars. I liked the side story's, in particular Logan the vampire master with Jill, Chris's sister. I am hoping that they are going to get their own story or at least be featured as a sub plot. But I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 November 2013
I couldn't wait for this book to come out I loved the first one so much and Chris was one of my favourite characters. I started reading and was disappointed, I didn't instantly warm to Isabelle, in fact I didn't really like her at all, she grated on me and then she appeared too stupid to be true by agreeing to meeting at 3am in a deserted park where she's confronted by vampires, I wanted so much more for Chris.
To be honest because I liked the first book so much I didn't bother with the sample I just downloaded the book, which is a good thing because if I'd just downloaded the sample I think I would have put it down and forgotten about it but since I'd paid for it I read it and was glad that I did. It turned out to be a great book revolving mainly around Isabelle's software which all the master vampires want. It had a side story with Logan and Jill and all in all it's a great book but I will admit Isabelle's still not my favourite character although I'm warming to her a little.
on 26 May 2015
I don't understand how I'm on page 300 and the "hero" is still being mean to the heroin who is basically a doormat. How was this book published? Did none of her editors read this and say "I think you took this hatred Chris has for Izzy a bit too far". So we are now just supposed to believe he's madly in love with someone he has put down constantly, both physically and emotionally? HEA makes no sense. I loved the first book but I wish I never picked up this one.
on 18 February 2015
very rare I cannot finish a book but finally gave up on this one five chapters from end. The "hero" is emotionally abusive and none of his back story justifies his behaviour then the "heroine" has absolutely no backbone and constantly puts up with the behaviour. I lost track of how many times she decided she was finished with him only to take even more abuse
on 24 July 2014
Didn't like this as much as the first in the series, mostly because of the way the male lead acts. It still carried me along though, again despite being continuously distracted by the horrible sentence structure, somewhat random punctuation and lots of typos. It's a darker book, and in part addresses the long-term psychological effects of events from the first book (though not in the stuffy way I just put it!) Kudos for that, as such things are usually brushed over.
However I think the story goes seriously off track in the last 5 chapters. IMHO -trying not to give too much away here- realisation of prejudices and assumptions, confession of personal histories that lead to these, and rebuilding of trust, would make a much more interesting and satisfactory conclusion than “Oops, sorry”. Also, the set-up for the concluding action is dumb.
on 3 July 2012
This is a great follow on from the first Pyte/Senitnel book Tall, Dark and Lonely. Again i'd have to say what a shame that this is so badly edited if at all? and, that this book initially felt a little bit YA in the beginning (unlike the previous) but as the book progressed the characters developed, there are some niggles in the grammar and the repeated use of 'expression' that i found rather annoying and, which made the book feel one dimensional, so it does have a number of minus points however, there is something that's pretty good about these books so far and the romance is written well with lots of sexual tension, I found this one quite funny too. It's not a book to be taken as a serious read but it kept me turning the pages and repeatedly forgiving the editorial and grammatic errors.
on 3 April 2016
I have already written a review for this book but I used so many cus' words that they wouldn't publish my review..... oops..... amazing double standards really when you see how many cus' words are in the book itself...
I will keep this brief, this story is supposed to be a love story but it is based on both mental and physical abuse. Book 1 in this series was so good I could not believe the author wrote this, her other books were so good and fun to read.
How can she rationalize the abuse that she has written about?
How can she call this love?
on 25 July 2013
second in the Pyte/Sentinal series, and again...loved it!!

much funnier in parts that the first book, but possibly much hotter too!

while it helps to have read the first one, this one explains a lot that happened in the first book, so i'm not really sure its necessary, however, i would reccomend it just so you can keep up with the characters from the first one. i love that they are all mentioned and play a good part in this one. so often in a series, first book characters are only mentioned in passing.

off for the next one!
on 1 April 2014
This is book 2 of 3. So disappointed in this book. There are SO MANY errors, lots of spelling, (whishing instead of wishing) grammar, words missing making disjointed sentences. Wrong name used. Too much repartition within a short space, that it made the whole reading experience rather boring and not enjoyable. I would say the author needs to have words with the proof reader. Other than that, the actual story could have been really good. Sorry to give such a bad review, as I normally like to give positive feedback.
on 23 November 2012
3.5 - 4 ... I fell in love with the rest of R.L. Mathewsons novels, but found myself getting easily annoyed at this one. It sort of skips over chunks of the book, which could of been quite exciting. It also frustrated me that every chapter I had to figure out which chaacter was 'talking'. Love the fact that Izzy was a geek, but wish we got to see her have some sort of eureka/genious moment. The book just generally dragged on a bit. To be fair though it was an OK read, but I couldn't make myself love it.