4.0 out of 5 stars ACTION PACKED ROMANCE

Published on 3 July 2012 by Ms. Sally Willilams

4.0 out of 5 stars ACTION PACKED ROMANCE, 16 Feb. 2012
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Chris Williams has known since he was a teenager than he was a sentinel. Half human and half angel his job is to protect humans from vampires, demons and evil beings of all species. Chris knows that his mate is a sentinel like him. Together they will fight evil side by side, he has anticipated finding her for years. Iasabella is a computer geek, she has written a programe that many people would like to get their hands on. Isabella agrees somewhat foolishly to a meeting at three in the morning, at a local park only to be confronted by three vampires hoping to kidnap her for their master Logan. Fortunately for her she is rescued by sentinels. Chris realises that Isabella is his life mate, but she is not what he was expecting. She is weak and does not seem to have any natural fighting skills at all, a total disappointment. But his body is responding to her, and he is finding it difficult to keep his distance.
This is the first book in the Sentinels series. We were first introduced to Chris the hero, in the first book of the Pyte seriesTall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte Series). Although both books are the first in separate series. Most of the characters from Tall Dark and Lonely are in this. I would highly recommend that you read the Pyte series book first so as not to miss anything.
This is a rollercoaster ride of a story action packed from the first page to the last. The hero Chris did grate on my nerves a bit his moods and objectionable behaviour was a bit OTT in my opinion. Isabella was a bit of a loner never having fitted in anywhere. I liked that she put Chris in his place. Had she been weak with no backbone, I would have not given this four stars. I liked the side story's, in particular Logan the vampire master with Jill, Chris's sister. I am hoping that they are going to get their own story or at least be featured as a sub plot. But I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Second in series, 3 Nov. 2013
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I couldn't wait for this book to come out I loved the first one so much and Chris was one of my favourite characters. I started reading and was disappointed, I didn't instantly warm to Isabelle, in fact I didn't really like her at all, she grated on me and then she appeared too stupid to be true by agreeing to meeting at 3am in a deserted park where she's confronted by vampires, I wanted so much more for Chris.
To be honest because I liked the first book so much I didn't bother with the sample I just downloaded the book, which is a good thing because if I'd just downloaded the sample I think I would have put it down and forgotten about it but since I'd paid for it I read it and was glad that I did. It turned out to be a great book revolving mainly around Isabelle's software which all the master vampires want. It had a side story with Logan and Jill and all in all it's a great book but I will admit Isabelle's still not my favourite character although I'm warming to her a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book, 8 July 2012
I'm hooked on this Pyte series. R L Mathewson is rapidly becoming a firm favourite author.
This is the story of Chris, who you meet in another Sentinel novel.
Nice to see follow up of the family.
Good story, depth to the characters, steamy love scenes and actually quite funny in places....a good balance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Horrible grammer but strangely compelling, part 2, 24 July 2014
Didn't like this as much as the first in the series, mostly because of the way the male lead acts. It still carried me along though, again despite being continuously distracted by the horrible sentence structure, somewhat random punctuation and lots of typos. It's a darker book, and in part addresses the long-term psychological effects of events from the first book (though not in the stuffy way I just put it!) Kudos for that, as such things are usually brushed over.
However I think the story goes seriously off track in the last 5 chapters. IMHO -trying not to give too much away here- realisation of prejudices and assumptions, confession of personal histories that lead to these, and rebuilding of trust, would make a much more interesting and satisfactory conclusion than “Oops, sorry”. Also, the set-up for the concluding action is dumb.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great second helping of Pyte/Senitnel Series, 3 July 2012
This is a great follow on from the first Pyte/Senitnel book Tall, Dark and Lonely. Again i'd have to say what a shame that this is so badly edited if at all? and, that this book initially felt a little bit YA in the beginning (unlike the previous) but as the book progressed the characters developed, there are some niggles in the grammar and the repeated use of 'expression' that i found rather annoying and, which made the book feel one dimensional, so it does have a number of minus points however, there is something that's pretty good about these books so far and the romance is written well with lots of sexual tension, I found this one quite funny too. It's not a book to be taken as a serious read but it kept me turning the pages and repeatedly forgiving the editorial and grammatic errors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the kind of hero I want to read, 15 Jan. 2015
Loved the first one, but this one I didn't.

Chris was terrible a character, to be honest the treatment of his "mate" just came across as abusive, putting her in situations without any regards to her and didn't even take her feelings into consideration. I would have thought that if you only get one mate that his feelings would have been so strong that he couldn't bare to be without her, but seems quick to want to get rid of her. Nope this just didn't work for me at all.

I will read the next one in the hope that this changes for other leading men in this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Without Regret (Pyte/Sentinel Series), 10 July 2012
Chris is a good guy in a bad world, he had a crap childhood until he was adopted by Ephraim (a Pyte vampire) and the rest of his odd family. He is in search of his mate and trying to protect his family for all sorts of baddies. I loved this and the previous book except for the grammatical errors which I noticed much more in this book. The characters were great and lots of sexual tension. Can't wait to get the next installment. Review would of been a 5 but for the poor editing.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 18 Feb. 2015
very rare I cannot finish a book but finally gave up on this one five chapters from end. The "hero" is emotionally abusive and none of his back story justifies his behaviour then the "heroine" has absolutely no backbone and constantly puts up with the behaviour. I lost track of how many times she decided she was finished with him only to take even more abuse

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 21 Feb. 2015
I enjoyed this book it is the second book in this series I have read unfortunately their was a lot of spelling mistakes,word's missing, wrong words in places. It was slightly distracting because of this, but I still enjoyed it very much the story was strong great characters, funny sexy smart cool so yes I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Loved all books read in a weekend