I am glad I read this book because Max presents an opportunity for readers to realise that life is not life without its ups and downs. Things would go wrong, people would hurt and disappoint you, your prayers would seem unanswered but the certain thing is you would definitely get through the most trying period of your life.

He used the story of Joseph as an...
Published 9 months ago by Ty

3.0 out of 5 stars gift
the person I bought this for seemed pleased but hasn't said much even though she was previously praising Lucado to the skies !
Published 2 months ago by lizell

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review: "You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times" By Max Lucado, 3 Nov 2013

He used the story of Joseph as an example and I saw it through fresh eyes. Imagine going through all what Joseph went through as a 17 year old. Sold by his blood to eternal damnation as a slave, accused of sexual offences, forgotten in jail. The thing is, if Joseph could go through this, we certainly can go through all our trials especially now that we have the Holy Spirit.

I especially love the fact that Max does not present a quick fix advice of praying against not going through tough times. On the contrary, he encourages the reader to accept turbulent period with open arms know that it gets darkest before dawn. It just signifies that great things are in store for us if only we go through this with an attitude of hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 29 Sep 2013
J. M. Thomas - See all my reviews
This is a very encouraging read and easy to pick up and put down. As ever there are many lessons to glean much encouragement to be had.

5.0 out of 5 stars A PRESENT HELP, 13 Nov 2013
Lucado in this book achieved what he set out to do. Bring you hope for when you are between the devil and the deep blue sea and can't swim. It's not enough to be pointed out that you are in trouble, it's the one who comes alongside you as an encourager, your Barnabas in the spirit that not only shows you the way out but let's you know and reassures you in more ways than one that you are not alone. God is still in control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never disappointed by Max Lucado, 2 July 2014
Never disappointed by Max Lucado. A challenging read on the life of Joseph. Good illustrations ,full of challenges and encouragements. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 23 Jun 2014
Always very encouraging. Sticks to scriptures and is always sound teaching. We'll written and with his usual good humour. Very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wisdom for The Tough Times, 23 Jun 2014
Max Lucado has a way of weaving biblical truth and scripture in with real life stories of today to get his message across, every single one of his books are excellent. This particular book focused on how to have hope and know there is help ever present from God as you walk through tough times. I'm one of those people right now, perhaps you are too?

Using the story of Joseph from the bible, Max shows us how what others do that can harm us, God can turn that around and make it into something good, if we will let him. It challenged me on where I was at with a God and was I pressing in enough and trusting God has a great plan for me even through difficult times, it's not easy to do, but with God it's possible.

A comforting and reassuring book written in Max's easy to read style with a really good personal or group study guide at the end of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars God is ther for us, 26 April 2014
Challenging and positive in its approach based on incidents in the life of Joseph
It gives assurance that if we bring everything to God He will use us and be with us in all our times of trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, based on the life of Joseph, 25 April 2014
"You'll get through this. It won't be painless. It won't be quick. But God will use this mess for good. Don't be foolish or naive. But don't despair either. WIth God's help, you'll get through this."

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and Inspirational, 19 April 2014
Mrs. CJ Harries (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
A very easy read which many would be able to relate to. I have already recommended it to people I know would find it of great help

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouragement to persevere through life's challenges, 29 Jan 2014
I was greatly encouraged by Max's book - You'll get through this. I thought the way that Max led us through Joseph's story, really added another perspective to dealing with our pain. I highly recommend this book if you want to deepen your relationship with God, as well as learn more about how God is with us through whatever we go through.