Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.99

on 19 December 2013
Sounds brilliant from the start with a proper band including RHCP drummer Chad Smith.
Overall more upbeat and exciting than the first and keeps his soulful twist to things on most songs.
Anyone who loves Neil Young, Oasis, and feel good Rock will love this album.
The cover is very old school 80's solo artist but the music is as modern as anything this year.
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2015
The new Bob Dylan!!!!
on 10 September 2015
Good follow up album
on 20 March 2014
I loved the first album & the way it created a perfect potion of Hank Williams & the La's boiled up & left to simmer all night in the back of beyond.

So its always going to be difficult to cut through the all pervasive hype that greeted that album & resist the temptation to play safe with the follow up.

But this second album does exactly that cuts through all that hype like a hot knife through butter.

Beautifully angular cathartic & vulnerable right from the off he is basically saying i am doing this my way & dismantles your comfort zone both melodically & lyrically.

Impressive.
11 comment0 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2014
Not as good as his first album but still a good emulation of Dylan
on 18 December 2013
After having enjoyed the first self-titled album I saw jake on a stage in a small club in Hamburg......and it was great. So I had to buy his second product: Great, Big. This one has been going directly into my mind. My favourates are: All your reasons, Kitchen Table, Simple Pleasures, well played with a lot of hook-lines, but also the folky You and Me and - not to forget - the beautiful Pine Trees. In my opinion Jake has a big talent in composing beautiful melodies mixed up with real-life messages ooming from his background. I hope Jake will give us a lot more musical flashlights the following years.
on 5 October 2014