I LOVE Erin Brady's novels so much, I look forward to them all the time and re-read them again and again, so I was SO excited to learn that she was releasing The Holiday Gig.

Published 7 months ago by Megan ReadingInTheSunshine

3.0 out of 5 stars Holiday chicklit
I liked that I wanted to see where the story even though I kinda knew where it would. A lot less cherished than some chicklits. Worth a READ.
Published 7 months ago by N. Gooden

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic and funny - the PERFECT book to read this Christmas!, 4 Dec 2013
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Paperback)

Taylor Barnes works in a high-powered law-firm and is all about her job. She's very good at what she does and who has time for things such as seeing family or a social life when you can be billing people for your time and working your way to partner? However, as her dreams of being made partner are in sight, her boss Charles Wigs drops in that he's a family man and that in order to make partner she needs to have found that balance too. And in a fit of panic she announces that she's been seeing the PERFECT GUY, and proceeds to list all the qualities of her dream man, hoping that'll be it. But when Charles is determined she bring him to one of their events, Taylor is stuck. How is she supposed to find a boyfriend in that time? Especially one who will meet all the criteria that she spent ages gushing to her boss about? But then it hits her: Why not hire a man to be her boyfriend? It'll be easy, right? Just get him to learn who he's supposed to be, kinda like an acting job! Simple!

But when the gorgeous Hunter Ryan answers the ad, Taylor finds herself with more than she bargained for. Can he help her get the partner position she wants? And will she be able to keep things between them just for show, or will this role that Hunter is playing come into her personal life? Add in a family wedding too, and this is going to be a holiday that Taylor Barnes will not forget...

Ohmygosh this is one of my FAVOURITE books that I have read this year! I couldn't put it down and I read the entire book in one sitting, it was a rollercoaster ride but a wonderful one!

Erin Brady is SO talented at writing humourous scenes, she has me crying with laughter. Let me give you an example: Taylor's under pressure from Charles Wigs about whether she has someone special in her life, and the first thing she thinks of is Tom Cruise so what does she come out with? Tom Maguire. I actually snorted with laughter and could not breathe because I was laughing so hard!

I LOVED the characters. Taylor is completely relateable, and she felt like my best friend straight away - I laughed with her, I cringed for her and I was mentally high-fiving her as she came up with her plans for her boyfriend and how to get herself out of the situation she had found herself in! She impressed me so much with her ability to cope in the predicaments she was always in! Hunter is so handsome and his sexiness just shines from the pages...everyone who reads this book will fall in LOVE with him! He's kind, funny and definitely everything you could want in a man!

The Holiday Gig is the PERFECT book to read this Christmas - it is romantic, funny, charming and will leave you with such a huge smile on your face!

4.0 out of 5 stars This book made me smile, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished reading The Holiday Gig and I found it a very warm feel good book with a valuable lesson in life, don't take yourself to serious Yolo :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
Well I have read this book in 2 days......didn't want to put it down and now sorry that it's finished. Loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
A good read and a bit different from the usual chick lit . When the main character needs a boyfriend she advertises and then interviews for an appropriate guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Festive Fun!, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
Taylor Bennett Barnes is a workaholic. She is a hot shot New York City lawyer on the fast track to becoming partner, but it has come at a price. She skips Thanksgiving with her family and her mother even Photoshops her into family scrapbooks! She is always the first to arrive at the office -- often arriving at 6 a.m., but all that is about to change when she receives a Christmas wedding invitation from her cousin, Melissa. She has a meeting with her boss Charles Wigs who seems more concerned about her personal life than her making partner. She ends up lying about having a boyfriend and having to find one asap.
The Holiday Gig is a wonderfully festive novel by the fabulous Erin Brady. I was hooked right from the very first page. I really enjoyed the characters especially Taylor and her realisation about what matters most in life. Ms. Brady has a real talent for bringing her characters to life with their quirks and vices. There were lots of ups and downs and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. So grab a cup of coffee - Taylor's favourite - and follow a young woman as she discovers the true meaning of Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Great story and funny. Couldn't put it down once I started reading it. If you want a bit of fun escapism I would really recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful romantic comedy, 7 July 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
Again Erin Brady had me enraptured in this fictional novel with its funny and beautiful characters, I had tears if laughter and joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, didn't want to put it down, 6 July 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
An easy read, didn't want to put it down. Had to find out what happened. Quite liberating too, makes you remember what is important in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this book down, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
I loved this happy feeling book. Once I started to read I didn't want to put this book down until I had finished. A girly book with a happy ending. Will definitely read another one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Holiday Gig (Kindle Edition)
Massively enjoyed this book great story couldn't put it down will be reading another of this author s books x

The Holiday Gig