5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they say!
First off, let my just say I was hesitant to buy this, with nearly all the reviews of 5 starts ending with "I was supplied with this case to give a fair review" alarm bells were ringing in my head.

Published 14 months ago by Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with a flew flaws!
Published 13 months ago by Jason

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with a flew flaws!, 1 April 2014
I read so many positive reviews for this case, and was really looking forward to receiving it for my iPad mini with retina display. Firstly, the case looks smart, and the fake leather feels and looks good. The iPad fits snugly into the plastic holder, and shows no sign of wanting to fall out, and the camera and microphones are all still able to fully function with appropriate case cutouts. The sleep/wake function is also a great feature.

However, there are a few things I am disappointed about - firstly, and most importantly, the case is advertised has being able to act as a stand at any angle, without being restricted to a selected amount like some other cases. However, If the iPad is propped up more than half way towards the edge, it slides down and falls and will not stay upright, meaning that the only way for the iPad to stand properly is to have it at a steep angle, which is absolutely useless for typing and anything else that involves touching the screen (everything!) although it would be good for watching films. The iPad still needs to lie flat on the table/surface to be able to be used for typing, which is a real shame.

Also, the plastic cover doesn't cover the top of the iPad, along the edge with the start button. The whole edge is left open to scratches/damage, which really lets the case down, as I had wanted to be able to stick it in a bag and carry it around, but I'll be a bit wary of scratches etc now, which is a shame.

Overall, it is a great case for an excellent price, but there are a couple of things that really let it down. Still one of the better offerings in the "value" price range though, I would say!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they say!, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Anker leather case for ipad mini 2 (Textured Black) (Electronics)

But I didn't like any other options for my price range and decided to just go for this, knowing I could return it if I didn't like it. Well there was no need.

This case is amazing, it's solid protection for the iPad, won't slip out of your hand, comfortable to hold, genuinely allows pretty much any viewing angle (layed down) you could want, and looks pretty snazzy to boot.

Delivery was quick, packaging was beautiful, customer service is down right extraordinary and for £10 this case is down right spectacular, I'd be willing to pay double for it.

If you were in doubt about getting this because of all the supplied reviews, doubt no more and just buy it!

(Fits the iPad mini with retina by the way, which some cases don't!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great value, great service, 29 April 2014
This is exactly what I was looking for for my new iPad mini retina. Fits perfectly, holds it well and doesn't feel like it's going to come loose. The stand also works great for watching video.
I wanted something super slim, and this doesn't add any unnecessary bulk. Looks and feels very expensive, stylish and sturdy, and would expect to pay much more than £10!
The customer service from Anker is great too, with an 18month warranty, though I can't see anything going wrong with it. They even emailed to make sure I was 100% happy with my case and how to get in touch if not.
I never really write reviews but felt this product warrented one as I couldn't recommend it enough.
If you want a high quality, slimline case and stand that looks good and will last, there's no need to spend a fortune, and I am very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best budget iPad mini case currently available, 21 Dec. 2014
I had a previous Anker case for my Samsung Galaxy tab and was impressed but the build quality, price and the fact that it added very little bulk to the device. Now an iPad mini user, this case ticks all those same boxes and while I'm not a massive fan of the PU Leather cover (would prefer the textured black cover, sadly unavailable at present) it is still a quality case for very little money. Easily the best budget iPad mini case currently available. The product is also backed by the almost legendary Anker customer service and a 2 year warranty! All for under 6 quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker can do good iPad cases, in addition to electronics, 9 Jan. 2015
Very good iPad case. It has a nice texture and a good build quality. Covers the front and back of the iPad, with the front cover held in place magnets. This also means it sleeps and wakes the screen when you use the cover. The textured pattern on the inside is a nice touch. The cover acts as a stand and it does quite a good job of it. It's not held up by much other than friction but it hasn't collapsed without cause when I've used it. It's worth the price and doesn't ruin the look of the iPad either

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 10 Aug. 2014
jaydle (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Is very slim and doesn't cover over any of the iPad screen which is fantastic for Mini users as we don't have much screen as it is! Very slim and sleek so can easily pop in a handbag without weighing it down. Only problem is the material as it is very soft and lends itself to being marked and dented by anything from keys to pens. Maybe a darker colour would be better but all in all a good case.

**EDIT**
I've since received a black case from Anker which is fantastic!! Very smart looking and simple, I absolutely love it. Also the customer service from this company is second to none- a very satisfied customer indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit & great levels of protection, 23 Oct. 2014
Great fit for iPad mini with Retina and it looks great whilst still offering a good level of protection for my device. It doesn't stand up quite as well as I thought but for me it's a minor issue. Arrived quickly and I've been using it for 5 months now and it still looks fantastic, much better than cases I've tried before.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better., 22 Dec. 2014
Like other reviewers here, the only problem with this case is that it doesn't really stand very well, it has no grip material on the inner-case or on the plastic housing for the pad, so it just slips. On the plus side its extremely light, doesn't add any bulk and the material has a comfortable soft touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad mini w/ Retina Display Cover, 13 July 2014
I received the cover a couple of months back, along with another one from a different brand but just as inexpensive. I wanted to wait a couple of months to be able to review the item properly, and so far it has surpassed my expectations, though with a couple of qualms.
It is really good quality (having handled quite well a couple of falls and my iPad has not a scratch on it), but very "plasticy" so for those of you who would prefer more of a leather feel, maybe you should look at more expensive cases. It is made of PU leather and that basically means plastic, the part of the case that holds the iPad is smooth to the touch and feels very nice; also it hasn't once let my iPad drop out which leads me to believe that its a snug enough fit.
My qualms with it are small, one is the fact that when you use the case as a stand in landscape mode, the iPad slips easily forward (the cover has no grooves like others do) unless its at a very steep angle with the table which puts it in danger of falling backwards. I don't use it much as a stand so it doesn't bother me that much. The second is that its a tad on the heavy side, but then again any case seems heavy compared to the iPad except for the tiny shells that don't do much in the way of protection. Also the cover leaves a layer of dust on the screen every time i close it.
It a good buy especially for the price (I paid 8£). I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014