5.0 out of 5 stars A great sci-fi novel...
If you love realism in your Sci-Fi then you’re going to love this book. The detail the author goes into is immense and it really throws you into the world he’s created.

Published 3 months ago by Tony Hills

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but a bit short
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sci-fi novel..., 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)

Even though it’s science fiction it’s been written in a way that’s very realistic and unlike most books in this genre you’ll find it easy to connect to the characters. You can tell there has been a lot of development and research, which I love, because it adds so much detail. I think this is essential in a good sci-fi novel.

Without giving too much away, the 2 main characters discover something in outer space and decide to find out what it is. This premise makes for a book that is full of suspense, intrigue and adventure.

It is my understanding the book is a series of 3 and I for one will definitely be buying the next 2 parts, as the ending of this book left me hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting Book, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
This is a well thought out story; the author knows his craft well. Although the story is based on science fiction, it is also very believable and I could relate to some of the characters .There is a lot of suspense and I found myself looking forward in anticipation to the next scene. This book packs in a lot of adventure and is fast paced too. I really could not put it down.
We are introduced to the 2 main characters Steve an astrophysics student and the weird Clive who is very intelligent scientifically but who lacks social skills. Steve and Clive are passionate about science and outer space. Steve notices that something seem to be flying in from outer space in an unusual way but he cannot explain what it is. He joins forces with Clive, and together they attempt to use their superior knowledge of science and outer space to figure it out.
Apart from watching the odd star wars movies, I have never really been interested in science fiction and this book was my very first science fiction novel. I must admit I really enjoyed reading it. There was a good mix of adventure, science facts and suspense to keep me thoroughly entertained. The story flowed very well and at the end I wanted more. If you like science fiction, you will definitely like this book. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and exciting, 12 May 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
At last up to date si fi, that doesn't treat you like a uninformed fool. All I had been looking for in a si fi novel, since Arthur C. Clarke.
If you loved the 2000 series you will love this, as much as I did and I enjoyed it enough to write my first review ( as you can probably tell )
Thanks for a great read look forward to more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging style and characters, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
The Contact is an interesting new approach in both the story and the presentation. The episodic style makes it punchy and is perfectly familiar to us from television. And it feels very engaging and approachable, the science is present but not overwhelming and handled with a deft touch by the author. A lot of that is the characters too, Steve and Clive introduce us to the story and are a funny pair that work well together despite their apparent differences. The book takes us right us to the crucial moment and I am excited to see what is to come!

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but a bit short, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
A short story, but one that ends short of the end! I was disappointed that when I got to the end, it stopped about 2 chapters short of allowing you to find out what was going on. A mysterious object from outside the solar system had been detected but what was it? Unlike many other stories where a cliff-hanger would leave you wanting more, this one left me stood several metres away from the cliff-edge with a desire to turn back and find another cliff to approach rather than continue to the edge and see what was down there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading for sci-fi fans, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
I love science fiction, so I'm always really pleased when I stumble across a new author whose work I enjoy. This book held my attention from the very first page, so much so that I ended up reading it all in just one sitting. I was then thrilled to discover that there are another two more books in the series; so more late night reading sessions are on the cards!

The book is really well written, and includes a lot of technical detail, which gives me the impression that the author really knows what he is talking about. I liked the characters, and found the plot really absorbing.

I'd recommend this book to all fans of science fiction. I'm looking forward to reading Episode 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars No more episodes for me, 14 July 2014
Stephen M Blank (Altrincham, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
This is the worst first contact novel / chapter I have ever read. It is completely ridiculous and unbelievable that an advanced society would have to invent contact protocols from the ground up and, if they did, that they would go about it in such a ham-fisted way. Perhaps the author should have read 'Footfall' by Larry Niven? I won't be reading the following episodes.

3.0 out of 5 stars how we would respond, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
It is one of those problems that the human race will react in first contact that has interested me in this book.But to find to you buy the next chapters,well, another rip off again.I sometimes wonder they are breaking the trades discription laws?So I didn,t buy any more and look around for the rest for free.If the whole book was sale ,okay.Not bits.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 10 April 2014
This review is from: The Contact Episode One (Kindle Edition)
Its the first chapter of 'Sphere' but not as good.

At the first sign of anything interesting happening the book ended.

I wont be buying part 2, or any other parts