5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars From the sea to the land beyond CD
I chose this based on a newspaper review, but was disappointed. i would have preferred it to have been more original. I fear it won't get played much.
Published 5 months ago by kevin granger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 11 Dec 2013
I first came across the film by chance when browsing BBC i Player and downloaded it to view whilst on a short break away. At that stage I had never [sadly] heard of British Sea Power .I was immediately entranced and moved by the film and its haunting soundtrack .On return I was disappointed that it had disappeared from iPlayer and the DVD of the film and the album had not yet been released . Happily that situation has been remedied and I have both. Even without the film the music is sublime and if you are at a loss to know what to get this Christmas for the ones you love you cannot go far wrong with this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
I was smitten with this when i saw the film on BBC4.

Delighted they have released the soundtrack seperately on CD.

It is just beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain of the year?, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
Never have a film and sound track worked in such perfect harmony.
The film is often beautiful, occasionally bizarre, but always beguiling.
The sound track is the perfect complement. Once heard, the music has a mesmeric, haunting effect.
The double bonus is the DVD and cd in one collection.
They will both be classics in their own sphere. Landmark events in every way.
Stephen Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly good, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
Listen to it on Its own or with the film, it's is quite simply breathtaking. A superb album/soundtrack that will not disappoint. Outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss, 11 Dec 2013
Craig Flint "Craiglington" (England) - See all my reviews
I was touched deeply by the soundtrack to this wonderful documentary yet was frustrated when Shazam couldn't identify the tracks. I saw the end credits telling us it was by British Sea Power but that was it. I searched their albums to no avail so imagine my delight when I caught sight of this CD being recently launched. One word: sublime. Just buy it. Now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 6 Jun 2014
Martin B (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
Quite simply the best album I've heard in many years.

A stunning piece of work on it's own, and when listened to whilst watching the film......well, it's exquisite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
My favourite relaxation music since Boards of Canada's The Campfire Headphase. I'd highly recommend watching the film to which this music forms the soundtrack as well (available on DVD). A beautiful piece of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very glad I bought this..., 12 May 2014
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
I'd seen the documentary on TV some while back, and was struck by how beautiful the music was. i was really pleased to discover it was available as a CD, the actual documentary on DVD accompanying it made it even more appealing.
The music is every bit as good as I remembered it being. Lovely flowing rhythms and beat makes it perfect to drive to, or relax.
Don't know a great deal about British Sea Power but this album strikes me as being by a band who have found their feet, and know how to make a consistently great sound; I've listened to it four or five times, and they don't put a foot wrong.
In parts, it's redolent of Camel or Focus but they definitely have their own sound. For me, it's an instant classic.
More power to their elbows..

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting Reflection, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
Haunting reflection on past life in the British Isles with music that envokes thought and compassion for those that have gone before and have contributed to what makes the Britsh isles so unique in the World today ....

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - the CD, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: From The Sea To The Land Beyond (Audio CD)
I have the DVD but had been frustrated by the fact I could not listen to the music in the car or away from the TV. Fabulous background music, very mellow and evocative. Absolutely love it. Comes with the DVD (so now I have 2 :/ ) thus representing excellent value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

From The Sea To The Land Beyond
From The Sea To The Land Beyond by British Sea Power (Audio CD - 2013)