on 12 October 2014
The charger I received had 6 ports, 2 labelled 2.4 amps, 2 x 2.1 amps and 2 x 1.0 amps which didn't sound very 'smart' to me.
I emailed BlueByte to confirm that this is indeed a smart charger and the ports labelled 1.0 amps will charge at 2.4 amps if whatever is plugged into those ports requires it.
BlueTek confirmed that all 6 ports are smart and capable of supplying up to 2.4 amps even though the are not labelled as such and I double checked this was the case with a test meter. TeckNet screwed up by putting up-to-date electronics in a casing marked for older technology though they may have corrected this for purchases subsequent to mine.
I am reviewing the product here and not the packaging so even though I was tempted to give it 4 stars due to the above I have to give it 5 starts as it's an excellent bit of kit which just works (very Apple like!) and is totally silent in operation unlike some which give off an annoying buzz. Highly recommended.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 July 2014
I've gone through a myriad of USB chargers that have all died , ultra expensive ones from the likes of Belkin to cheap Chinese ones . All fail within 6 months or overheat to the point i no longer feel they are safe. Being a power user of gadgets the fact i can get 4 devices charging at once in one unit is the way forward. Having had an iPad and a Kindle plus two HTC Anroid phones plugged into this at the same time overnight it suffered n overheating at all. in fact it never even got slightly hot. I've used apps on my phone to check the charge rate and this charges very quickly if you use the correct USB cable ( Not all USB cables are the same even if the connections are identical, I think most people don't realise this) The build quality is excellent , Arrived quickly and has worked flawlessly in the couple of months i've owned it and is in constant use. Tempted to buy another so i don't have to keep taking it upstairs or to work. Will update in 6 months time if this unit has held up as well as i hope it will.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I had bought the "TeckNet Universal 5V 2.1A Dual UK Wall Plug" in December 2013, and have now used it for more than a month. The main reason I bought this was because I have a tablet and an android phone, and charging them using the original chargers uses up two power sockets. I had seen reviews on Amazon about some other plugs not charging at good enough speeds, so I was a bit sceptic about buying this. However, having used it for some time now, I am happy to say that this is a good product. The charging speed is as good as the original plug, and this is true for both the USB sockets. Both my tablet and my phone charge up quickly. In addition, the plus has a blue light that indicates that it is correctly connected. This is useful if you have any loose sockets. All in all, a good product and a bargain at this price.
on 28 July 2014
This is absolutely one of the most innovative charging accessories ever. Its size is just the same as a standard Apple wall charger, but it allows you to charge 4 usb-chargeable devices simultaneously. The ports are clearly labeled with 1A, 2A so that you know which to use for your phone and/or tablet.

One of the cool features is the power adapter being easily convertible between EU and UK plugs which makes this a must have for your holiday!

It also doesn't get hot even when running at full capacity (maybe a little warm but still way way better than the Apple standard usb wall charger).

I was so happy that I bought another one from TeckNet to use permanently at home. See it for yourself http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I4X2NTG/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only minor issue I would say is that the LED indicator is quite bright and easy to notice when you go to sleep. But this is not a biggie at all since you can always cover it up with a black tape.

Overall an excellent 5+ stars product!
on 21 March 2015
The one I have, 2 USB > 1x 2.1 amp and 1x 1.5a amp with a blue light on it (no grey) is superb. It has an EU plug which seems fairly robust in itself but flattens which allows an adapter for a UK plug to be slid on to. Surprisingly, this is all very well engineered and even though I've had it plugged in for ages (which they say not to do), for the few times I have removed it and inspected the power adapting section, there has been no marks of any sort to indicate a bad connection or questionable quality. When the device is left plugged in, the blue LED leaves a nice blue glow, which is nice at night time haha, but even when it's been plugged in all the time it isn't even warm. When charging it gets slightly warm... slightly.

Top quality product. Very well engineered. The older (earlier) models of TeckNet stuff had me questioning quality, reliability and more importantly safety, but having opt for this one a while back, I am thoroughly pleased.

From this product alone, I'll be happy to invest in TeckNet products in future, assuming quality and safety is still taken seriously.

Do note: If you use a naff USB cable (super cheap) then your charge times will be effected. I am using an £8 2m long FRiEQ high-guage (thicker) USB charging cable (can also be used for data transfer) and charging times are excellent. Using the FRiEQ USB Cable via the 2.1A USB port, as the only device being charged, I can charge my Moto G (2nd Gen) from about 10-15% to 100% in about 90 minutes. This is good considering the Moto G has no Turbo Charge capability.

As someone who is particularly picky about their devices, I'm exceptionally pleased to recommend the TeckNet charger that I got. Reviewing this though, the picture has changed to a device that doesn't resemble what I have and this is no doubt thanks to Amazon allowing stupid ONE PAGE / MULTIPLE PRODUCT displays, which I find to be hugely misleading. If anyone would like me to post a picture of the charger that I received, I will be more than happy to post one here.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This review is for the TeckNet® Universal BLUETEK™ 24W/5V 4.8A 4 USB Port UK Wall Plug

This was required to charge a phone, 2 tablets and a camera

Tired of having wires and plugs everywhere I wanted a multi port USB adapter plug. After quite a bit of research this 4 port plug was the solution.

I very much liked the "Smart" feature of this port in that it can adjust the amps provided to each port to match the optimum amps needed for each device (subject to 2.4 amps maximum per port and 4.8 amps maximum for the unit).

For example if 2 devices only are attached which are capable of 2.4amp charging then both ports will receive 2.4amp (maximum of 4.8amp reached)

If 4 devices are attached the unit will divide the maximum 4.8 amp load between the 4 ports still giving a respectable 1.2amps per port

It will be a rare occasion when I use any more than 2 of the ports at once so I should be able to take advantage of the higher power output most of the time.

The claim that it can charge quicker than standard chargers is confirmed. Both my Android mobile phone and tablet charge substantially faster as a result. I have noticed this particularly on the mobile phone which used to drain quite quickly whilst on a call and plugged in. With this wall plug and a good quality Android lead however this is no longer the case and the phone now charges really well, even in use.

The safety features built into this unit by TeckNet® are reassuring as is the 18 month warranty. When you hear stories of adapters overheating this gives you some peace of mind.

It also arrived very quickly and very well packaged which was also impressive.

If you are looking for a quality multi port USB wall plug designed with safety paramount I can highly recommend this unit.

The price is also incredible given how useful this actually is.
on 5 September 2014
This is quite a substantial brick, larger than the 85W Apple computer charger (though similar in appearance), so it is best left on a desk or table - it's not really a travel charger. Which is where one would want to use it anyway, as the whole point is that one can plug and unplug multiple assorted devices at will. The only problem then is that the manufacturer recommends that the device be reset each time something new is plugged in (by turning it off and then on again) so that it configures itself to the device being charged. It does not have an on-off switch, so that means unplugging it at the wall. I confess we don't always do this, and it seems to cope fine.
Elsewhere others have complained about the bright blue light that indicates a mains connection. Maybe it has been dimmed down somewhat as ours is certainly not bright - it just does the job required.
Mains connection is via a standard figure-of-eight mains lead. A 13A one is provided. While this does not give provision for an integral mains plug to be fitted the device is probably rather large to be used that way, and the arrangement suits us as we can buy figure-of-eight leads to suit the various countries we visit.
We have charged iPad, Surface, Galaxy tablet and a wide variety of phones from it, often several at once, and it gives us a really versatile base from which to do this. The two high-power outlets cope well with the iPad's requirements.
It appears well made and of solid construction.
On the last month's use I would recommend it for this purpose.
on 8 December 2014
Its very compact and perfect for travel. I tested this with charging an iPad 3, iPhone 5, BlackBerry curve and Google Nexus 7 all plugged in to charge simultaneously. All items charged fully and the product did not overheat with only a mild warmth on the case. What I found useful was that 2 of the 6 ports can deliver 2.4 Amps on demand should you require to charge perhaps a video camera or a similar high current equipment. Otherwise all ports can deliver 10Watts each simultaneously as per the specs. The manual is not very detailed but frankly, you won't even bother reading. They've thought about the size, and also the cable has a velcro type tie and is interchangeable with another figure "8" power cable which is very commonly available. Buying this means I can leave all the indivudual USB chargers behind and just take this one item on my travels or even for home charging use. It's a must have for people with multiple USB devices at home especially if you travel with a lot of USB chargeable equipment. Highly Recommended.
on 11 October 2014
Good value for money. Works really well without getting too hot. It is important to use the right amp socket for the appliance to charge properly. Using the 2.1A socket for my phone a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini resulted in it not charging at all as I assume the output was too high. On the other hand using the 1A socket for my iPad resulted in it charging very slowly.
on 19 March 2014
can charge 2 items at the same time-twin socket
great for tablets and phones
circuit protection
no quibble money back policy