5.0 out of 5 stars After a shaky start absolutely satisfied with this product, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Sports)
I took quite a while to assemble this bike as the instructions were hopeless and you have to guess half the time how to put the bits together! I persevered and finally plugged it in and apart from a seat that just didn't fit- the 'computer' registered E5 which means it is faulty. I wasn't happy and got straight onto the manufacturer sweatband.com who have a shop in London and complained to the sales guy. I was called back by the manager Jovi within a couple of hours and I was at first offered my money back. I said I wanted a bike that works not my money back and he arranged to have a new seat delivered within a few days and then a new computer. He then sent a technician to make sure they were fitted and worked. I have been overwhelmed by the customer service by this company-now that the bike is working it is really sturdy and well made. The programs are great and it is very good value for money. I have never had such good customer service before and would highly recommend this product and company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective bike training for when the weather is bad..., 5 Oct 2014
Stella (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
My husband and I both cycle but he is the more hard-core out of the two of us and takes part in several Sportives and competitions each year. Living in Scotland can mean the Winters are sometimes harsh and it can get pretty unpleasant weather wise so road training isn't an option at times. This has been brilliant for training on those nasty weather days. He's loving it so much that even on the not so nasty days he's using it.

Very easy to set up, once you make sense of the instructions which are pretty poor. We found that just playing around with the settings and trying things out got us quicker results than trying to work out what everything did at once.

Very comfy saddle and not too noisy to run, although we've got one of the mats to sit the bike on to cut down on noise on our laminate floors. There are lots of settings to play about with that cover things like speed, distance and calories burned, plus the pulse sensors on the handle grips means it can track heart-rate too which is great. It has a nice, easy to read blue LED display and all the settings are within easy reach when in use.

It's possible to program in a custom 'ride' but if you want to stick with the pre-set's there are 12 to choose from. It's a brilliant way to train without leaving the house as he can set his route with the hills etc as if he were out there doing it for real, with the added advantage that he can watch the telly at the same time. The saddle is easily height adjusted although we don't bother much with that as we're both much the same height (an inch or two either side of 6') and can use it at the same height. It's great for just general workouts (as I use it) or as an effective alternative to outdoor bike training when the weather is bad.

Brilliant price (at time of writing) and worth every penny. I'd recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 8 Dec 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
Amazing bit of kit! I dithered for a while on which bike or type of bike to get, I'm clinically obese so my choices were limited. Having ordered it Thursday, it was dispatched Firday, I was told it would not arrive until Monday but got it on the Saturday! So easy to assemble my 18 yr old son did it in less than an hour by himself. Easy to choose program and use. Everything is sturdy. Handles and seat can be adjusted. Seat is the thick gel comfy seat...although feels less comfy after half hour haha. Only two small downsides which are really non essentials...no of switch, you have to turn it of at the mains each time ergo will not save data and no where to put ipod if listening to music unless you have pockets. Oh and it's nice and compact. I'll update after a few months if I find any issues with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need., 8 Dec 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
I found the installation instructions quite easy to follow - it was all very visual and I had it assembled in about 30 minutes. No missing bits and they even supplied the tools.

It's very quiet in operation and the instructions are OK if you read them 2 or 3 times while you are in front of the machine. The heart rate monitor works and I like that it display calories (although I have no idea how accurate that is).

I bought it to use as I have a bad knee and needed some form of regular exercise. So far, it hasn't disappointed.

One point - when you set a resistance level (say 15), it takes a short while before it gets there - which is different from the training machines in gyms. But it does work!

Alan

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Nov 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
The machine arrived with minor damage in transit. All damaged parts were replaced after one phone call within two days. Good service. It's a robust machine which is easy to assemble and suits a 63 year old man who wants to retain a reasonable level of fitness without running.

5.0 out of 5 stars The assembly was straight forward and the bike appears to be of a robust build my only disappointment is like most things you bu, 22 Dec 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
Spent some time researching before deciding on this bike, I have not had the bike more than a few weeks and due to a recent knee operation I am only using the manual programme at a low resistance so cannot comment on the range of exercises available. What I can confirm is that the description of the bike was accurate and delivery was very quick.
The assembly was straight forward and the bike appears to be of a robust build my only disappointment is like most things you buy these days it appears that the item is not manufactured in Europe but in the far east.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and pretty easy to put together, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Sports)
Good quality and pretty easy to put together. Quite heavy once assembled so not so easy to move around thereafter. Instructions for use are straight forward. all in all a good buy for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise heaven, 23 Dec 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
Fantastic piece of kit to strengthen and tone the wobbly bits on my thighs. I can increase the resistance when using one of the pre-set programmes thus getting more of a work-out, phew! Had a slight issue with the seat not going on properly, only to realise I had to make sure the washers were flush either side and in the correct position, after that I could tighten the nuts and the seat is now solid! My only niggle is on the screen. There is a 'BMI' and 'FAT' symbol, but I can't use them :( Talk about tease!

5.0 out of 5 stars product arrived quickly easily assembled runs quietly excellent value for money overall very, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Misc.)
product arrived quickly easily assembled runs quietly excellent value for money overall very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, 25 May 2014
This review is from: DKN AM-E Exercise Bike (Sports)
I needed to get some excercise,especially to my legs,non weightbearing was a factor...the Excercise Bike seemed the answer...it is great.

DKN AM-E Exercise Bike, Color- White