5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, with clear instructions.
Published 14 months ago by C. McLachlan

Published 2 months ago by esther curry

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, with clear instructions., 30 May 2014
C. McLachlan (Montrose, Angus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Reflective Window Film (Solar Control & Privacy Tint - One Way Mirror / Mirrored Glass) (76cm x 2 metre) (76cm x 1 metre - 10 metre)
I managed to fit this to two windows, each 990m x 540mm, by myself with no problems, other than that created by me! I had been cleaning the windows first with an ammonia window cleaning spray and got my sprays mixed up and used this again to fit the film, instead of using the recommended water and washing up liquid combination. As a result there are smears beneath the first one I fitted. The second one looks perfect, thanks to using the correct spray!

You will need a straight edge (metre stick) and Stanley knife or similar for cutting, and a tool for holding Stanley blades open, for scraping the window clean, as well as a window squeegee blade. I found that it helped to use a small piece of electrical tape on each top corner when peeling the protective film, and also when fitting the reflective film at first. The hardest part for me was turning the film around once the protective layer had been peeled off. I managed, but for a large sheet it's probably best to have two people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do., 8 April 2014
Very good product. I installed it on a ground floor window to give myself some privacy without blocking too much sunlight. No major problems with fitting, just remember to polish the window before you apply the film. Overly very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan your installation!, 26 July 2014
I fitted the 76cmX2m film to a bay window. Faultless installation......the second time! All issues my own making, I tried to fit on my own first time, silly decision as I allowed the film to fold on itself! Second time, with another purchased, I enlisted my wife's help and we did a dry run first of who goes where when we peel the backing off and offer up to the window, we then did it for real and worked like a charm - be sure to use plenty of slip solution, you can't use too much as you squeegee it out when the film is in place and helps with minor adjustments.

This review is more about the installation as I have just installed, it looks good so that's a positive but I can't yet comment on its efficiency as a solar reflector.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 23 Jun. 2014
Installed this on the windows of my flat and has really made a difference to the unbearable heat I get here with the added bonus of total privacy during daylight hours. Very easy to install. I watched a you tube video and found it easier than putting a screen protector on my phone. A friend helped me so one person sprayed the film whilst the other held it so as not to get it creased up. As long as you make sure windows are clean and have used a window scraper there should be no problems. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product but follow the instructions, 20 Aug. 2014
I have fitted this to all windows apart from the bathroom. It takes some time to get used to the reduced light, but it more than compensated by the reduced glare and heat penetration, especially through our double glazed windows

It also helps with privacy if your property is overlooked, as is our flat. The mirror effect has especially helped in our kitchen which is next to our balcony as people cannot look in but we can see them.

Easy to fit but follow the instructions, and always buy more than you actually need as you will make mistakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuuf easy aplication did it with a bottle of ..., 12 July 2014
good stuuf easy aplication did it with a bottle of soapy water my credit card and a couple razor blades

5.0 out of 5 stars This does the job nicely of stopping nosey people on the street gawping into ..., 11 Mar. 2015
This does the job nicely of stopping nosey people on the street gawping into your windows and you can still see out of them. It does make the room a bit darker but it's on a sought facing window so hopefully won't block too much light and sun.
It is quite a task to apply the film but if you prepare it all first it is Ok. It's fiddly removing the protective film. I used a craft knife to trim of the excess and a shower squeegee to remove bubbles and any extra water. Very pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. You really have to follow instructions carefully, 13 July 2014
Brilliant. You really have to follow instructions carefully, but end result really great.

1.0 out of 5 stars in conservatories you end up with a 'hall of mirrors effect ' nightmare ', 13 May 2015
Using this silver reflective film in our conservatory we have ended up with mirrors on all windows...!!! actually i insisted on stoppjng after 4 windows. It states one way reflective solar screens. No one mentioned that it transpires to one way MIRROR IMAGE. Read all the reviews but no mention of this vital fact. So buyer beware unless you want that sort if wierdness. Wasted our money they have been removed. Conservatories have too much light for this product unless of course you are after the 'hall of mirrors look'. We are looking for tinted solar screening now.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this product can sit in my porch now watching ..., 14 July 2015
love this product can sit in my porch now watching evryone go by i can see out but no one can see in offers privacy easy to put up