5.0 out of 5 stars The black has been well and truly delivered !, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Delivering The Black (Audio CD)
For me this is the best Primal Fear album for a good few years, the last album 'Unbreakable' was on the right track but this is a step up from that and just what I was looking for.

A storming opening track in 'King for a Day' and then it keeps going at a great pace for pretty much the rest of the album. This 5 piece, German, all out metal band bring a classic style with top notch production. It has an instant appeal and after listening through a number of times I just love this record and everything it represents, its uncomplicated and definitely fun, switch it on, turn the volume up to 10 and just bathe in a sea of powerful crunching riffs, fantastic solos, hard hitting drums, topped with cutting clear vocals.

Personally I am not looking too deep into the lyrics I just want something that sounds and feels great to listen to. If you liked their last album you will certainly love this and if you like that Judas Priest style of Heavy Metal then I think this is a must for you, you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but just short of great, 26 Jan 2014
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
There's no doubt that you know what you are going to get with Primal Fear and ultimately for me that is what stops this album getting 5 stars. I suppose if you adopt the motto if it ain't broke don't fix it then everything in this album makes sense. It is muscular, head banging stuff with enough shredding solos and twin guitar breaks to cheer up the most jaded pallet but I just wanted that little bit more. The lyrics are straight from the metal scrap book. Deals with the devil, riding on dragons, are the sort of thing we have here, along with the statutory orchestral bits, even the clanging church bells, there's no cliche left untouched. So if I have such a low apparent opinion of the album why do I even give it 4 stars? Because it's bloomin' good fun, that's why. It's beautifully played, it's powerful, it's a good album but I just wanted something a bit more out there, a risk taken or two. Nevertheless, if you are a fan of the band or the genre then this is well worth getting, it just doesn't move the band on that much.

5.0 out of 5 stars THEY HAVE NAILED IT......, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Delivering The Black (Cd+dvd) (Audio CD)
Oh my god....this is truly awesome....epic,melodic,heavy,...already must be in contention for hard rock album of the year!
If you love Priest,Scorpions and Saxon this is for you. By the way worth getting the CD + DVD to get the behind the scenes video shoots and the bonus tracks...when are you coming to the UK guys?? Footnote...June 16th 2014...There I was getting all excited about seeing the band with my two mates..and low and behold they've cancelled...without a good reason!So that's a huge kick in the teeth for your UK fans!!I see they have cancelled the whole tour. But why? These dates have been advertised for ages...I bought my tickets in March 2014! Well done guys! Truly epic...and this was the ONLY gig I was going to this summer!!
Oh how mistaken I was to think that the band had read this...Shame on you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to their best, 3 Mar 2014
This is easily one of the best albums they have released in the last few years. The album is full of excellent songs, some fast, some slower, all brilliant power metal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic HM, 8 April 2014
J. Jürs "Henrik Jürs" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delivering The Black (Cd+dvd) (Audio CD)
This is good solid HM - as other reviewers states - we have rain, churchbells, a chainsaw (most wimpy chainsaw ever?) and every rock cliche in the book. Not much is either new or original here. But then again how much new and exciting stuff do you find in HM nowadays?
What still owns this CD 4 stars are the solid and wellplayed metal - There are not one song that I dislike. And there are a couple that I really do like. What could have moved this up to 5 stars would have been a little more originality - a bit more of their own sound.
So if you long for the Judas Priest CD we will never have - this is a fine way to fill the time while waiting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Primal Fear new album 2014, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Delivering The Black (Cd+dvd) (Audio CD)
More of the same but in a good way, excellent power metal by excellent band. Well produced and perfectly played.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this cd delivered in time many, 1 July 2014
love this cd
delivered in time many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Back In Black.............., 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Delivering The Black (Audio CD)
after a couple of so-so albums,the band are back to their best.no complaints from me at all.pity the uk tour has been cancelled.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed with this, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Delivering The Black (Cd+dvd) (Audio CD)
A little disappointed with this. Some very good tracks but not as many as usual. Must buy fans or lovers of hard rock/metal

Delivering The Black (Cd+dvd)
Delivering The Black (Cd+dvd) by Primal Fear (Audio CD - 2014)