5.0 out of 5 stars Interference with S3 - fixed
An excellent product, Velcro'd to the back of my S3 case.
Also run a bose noise cancelling set of ear buds out of the Fiio, awsome. Fits under the Fiio rubber bands.

Definitely get interference from the Fiio mainly from the 3G network.
Bugged me for ages. I have now fitted alluminium foil behind the S3, inside the case, four layers.
Noise...
Published 5 months ago by Simon Kleyn

3.0 out of 5 stars broke after 2 weeks
Published 3 months ago by John Prorok

5.0 out of 5 stars Interference with S3 - fixed, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
An excellent product, Velcro'd to the back of my S3 case.

Definitely get interference from the Fiio mainly from the 3G network.
Noise reduction from 100% down to 5% at the most ! basically gone.

Removing apps that constantly check for 'updates' Skype / what's up etc. is also a good plan.

Happy with the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars fiio e18, 1 April 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
this is amazing. finaly able to hear music through headphones as it was ment to be and at a sensible sound level. ive tried it at full and its far to much, its like having your head in a speaker. I cannot recomend this enough..if you have decent haedphone get one. In sort im totaly blown away.. its a must

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion, 15 May 2014
A. Hemnani "Anil Hemnani" (Belfast, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
I am on SGS Note 2 + Fiio E18 + Bose QC3 + Spotify Extreme Quality Music Source which means nothing else to look for. Plugged in desktop Bose Companion to phone via Fiio and found it also came to life. I had been using desktop component with my PC and sometimes plugging it to my phone directly. FiiO rocked in headphones as well as desktop component.. Then plugged in my YSP4100 (which is not the best for music. I never liked it for listening) and even it was sounding fantastic.

Switch on extra bass on Fiio E18 and old low bass bollywood tracks got some life. I am not a total audiophile but can differentiate between poor and quality audio and used to find myself helpless when old bollywood tracks used to lack bass. I was never satisfied with DAP equalization (even though used Neutron and learned to use parametric eq). With this bass switch on E18 all the pain of turning is gone. Don't need to tune any further.

All I wish extra is if there were couple of more tuning options like up the treble and widen the soundstage (This is just an extra wish and this is not a complaint).

Without a doubt I can recommend this product. Only complaint (not FiiO's fault) is that I have to carry an extra gadget along like on back old days of carrying ipod+phone every where. Wish now FiiO comes out with feature to make and receive phone calls.

3.0 out of 5 stars broke after 2 weeks, 14 May 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
I loved my fiio E18 until it broke! the build quality seems good, but the USB port seems susceptible to faults if like me your using this out on the go! I must say however, the sound quality is excellent! One thing though is the usability of the item is not great due to the strapping on (my first strap on experience!), and am now upgrading to the X5 all in one DAP after concerns about the durability of the E18 USB port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S4 + Denon App + FiioE18, 6 May 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
I found I needed an App for the E18 to work. The Fiio recommended App isn't free and doesn't play mp3 and isn't able to source audio from other apps.

The Play Store 'Denon' App (free app) works a treat, can play mp3 music files and even has the tunein.com radio App built in.

A suitable micro to micro ('c' to 'c') Usb cable was included in my purchase package for use with S4. Also included is a 'A' to 'c' for use with a pc. Perhaps this is a standard inclusion.

I bought the E18 for use with a S4 and a Macbook. It works a treat. The on/off volume control is a knurled knob and it might be a weak point as it might be unnecessarily complex; this is the only criticism that I can think of.

5.0 out of 5 stars E by gum 18 out of 20, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
Only wish the line in adapter was available for iPhone 5 but the sound is so much more dynamic the bass is deeper and rolls off nicely

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
Received this morning from. EA Audio after ordering yesterday as my birthday present.

My setup is Moto G on kikkat and is plays out of the box using stock audio player. I will try others over the coming days.

Earphones tested with are sound magic e10's which offered rich base and clarity at the top end. This was on the lo and bass off settings and volume setting 6 and that was loud. Bass on was to much and spoiled the overall sound.

A welcome improvement over using the phones own headphone socket.

Next I tried with my AKG 550's . These played differently compared to the settings used by the E10's. The presence felt when listening to music through these headphones and this wonder(e18) just overwhelmed me. No listening to full volume as in the past. To me the Fiio E18 have brought the 550's to life in a portable Environment. .

This is my day one assessment of this unit. I will test with my iPod touch and the fiio cable for that. I will also connect my laptop to it and toy hifi setup to see how it compares to my desktop DAC

One problem I have had when having wifi on is I get feedback like you can sometimes get from tv when phone is about to go. This is only when no music is being played. It disappears when listening to spotify or soundcloud

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little driver, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
Not much experience in portable amps, but this really adds a little extra to you portable cans (dt 1350) and can run my larger in door cans (pro 90 and he-500) around the house. OTG works with my HTC One.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives my headphones oomph, 9 May 2014
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
Very pleased with this device. I bought some AKG 551 reference closed-back headphones - and whilst their detail is amazing, in my view they do lack ample bass. The E18 adds this via its switchable bass boost feature. It's not boomy at all, but just gently adds the required bottom end. I'm using the E18 with a Samsung S3, and it was as simple as just plugging the two devices together - and that's it (no settings, apps etc). The sound quality I'm getting with this and the new headphones has amazed me. Despite the bass boost it's still a fairly neutral response, but the detail is fantastic. Build quality is very high, any my only gripe is the short lead to connect the S3 and the E18 (it's only about 3cm long), but I should be able to source another. I've spent about 220 with this and the AKG headphones and reckon I've got a proper HiFi set up from it, which I think is good value. I honestly don't see how the sound could be improved. Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product - Major flaw!, 4 Jan 2014
K. Tajalli - See all my reviews
This review is from: FiiO E18 portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC (Electronics)
First of all, it is a good basic device, no gimmicks, but no facilities either! sound is the best in Fiio range, specially bass definition and power, can even drive my Beyer 600 Ohm headphones. It also works flawlessly with my Samsung NoteII phone, when Fiio E07K never did!
HOWEVER!
it has a major flaw. Some bright spark at Fiio decided that a 2 inch USB cable is all you need to connect the device to your phone!
What The F***!
E18 even has remote buttons for next track, last track , play/Pause (which do work). what's the use when the phone is only 2 inches away??
You can not handle either device (phone or Amp) in such close proximity of each other. Fiio's wonderful suggestion, strap the two together!
I don't want a strap in the middle of my touch screen - does anybody?
Until or unless Fiio comes up with a three foot cable, to allow me to put my phone in one pocket and the amp in my shirt pocket, where I can get to it, listen to my music, and have basic control over my tracks, this device is impractical as a mobile device.
It is only good for connecting to a laptop or a PC.
UPDATE!!
I searched hi/lo for a suitable cable, but there's none, so I mickey-moused one myself, using a slim MicroB cable ( Lindy 31619 - Retractable USB 2.0 Cable )soldered to a standard OTG cable (to keep things small), and it works! total cost: less than a tenner.
Come on Fiio! you can do better. or maybe, their agents could save face, and have some professionally made.