on 19 November 2013
Prior to reading this book, I did not know what else to do with herbs except for seasoning my food. This book has opened my eyes by giving me an insight into the health benefits of herbs.
I discovered lots of great herbal recipes which I can use to deal with coughs and colds, like the Mullein tea, Country Sauerkraut, Stir Fry Sauce, all made using everyday ingredients that can be sourced easily. The authors are so right when they say that the "Most powerful herbs are already in your kitchen cupboard" Herbs good for boosting the immune, the digestive and respiratory systems to mention a few, are all easily accessible.
Learning about the health benefits and uses of cranberries, ginger, parsley, tumeric, nettle, pumpkin etc, is invaluable.
This is not the kind of book you read once but rather it is one that you can always refer to from time to time.
It was good to know about alternatives to regular medication.
There were a one or two typographical errors in the book but I still recommend this book highly based on its brilliant content.
on 30 June 2014
An easy quick guide, with useful information about the basics of herb use and has clear instructions in preparation and use
on 1 May 2014
Very interesting reading. Given me some good ideas how to include herbs in the diet. Very good book to read.