1,314 Reviews
 (1,004)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound and build quality with great battery life
Published 4 months ago by Pioneer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a pint sized speaker!
Great little Speaker for the price.
Published 5 months ago by Michael Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound and build quality with great battery life, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bolse® 12W NFC Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker, 8 hour Playtime with Built-in Speakerphone for iPhone 6, 5S, 5, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, HTC, Tablets, PC (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Brilliant sound and excellent battery life and incredible value. The sound volume to expect from this is that of a high quality bedside radio like a Roberts or Pure costing £50-£80. It will fill a room with music or spoken word and be easily heard and appreciated if your working or just relaxing but it not loud enough to have a party. I use it as a bedside speaker for my iPhone instead of an alarm clock and once paired it can play music last thing at night before going to sleep and is still switched on and connected 8 hours later when the phones alarm goes off even when using its battery. Its great to be able to carry music into the bathroom and then down to the kitchen.

I have bought a USB plugin charger for it with a 2m usb extension so I can charge it at night while on my bedside table. It is then guaranteed to be fully charged from when it wakes me up to playing tunes in the kitchen at the end of the day.

Paired with a Smart phone its a brilliant alternative to a bedside alarm clock, OK it doesn't show the time but your smart phone can do that and you can listen to anything in the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 21 Sept. 2014
When I recently heard a friend's set of Bose bluetooth speakers, I was blown away by the depth and clarity of sound coming from something so small and equally stunned by the price, which wasn't small, about £250.
This had been my first experience of bluetooth speakers, and I was impressed. So much so, I decided I would try and find some that had a similar quality of sound for a fraction of the price (hastened by the fact that one of my laptop speakers had blown).
After numerous searches and review reading, I came across the closely named Bolse SZ-801's. Many people claimed they were clear and had a good punch in the volume department. So, at such a low price, I decided to take the plunge and buy them.
Opening the box revealed a small, smart and suprisingly heavy speaker. Everything was clearly laid out in terms of buttons and ports. So I first tried using it with my android phone. Turning on the bluetooth on my smartphone and then turning on the Bolse proved to provide an almost instant connection without me having to do anything! Great!
And the sound? For a speaker this size and cost; its impressive. It handles bass quite well but dont expect it to send your stomach wobbling when the kick drum comes in or when the bass player hits a bottom E. You have to be realistic. If you wanted that kind of bass then you'd be looking at buying substantially larger speakers.
The highs are quite crisp, but the mids can get a bit muddy when then speakers are on loud and there's a lot going on in the music. So bear that in mind; If you like typically dense music played loud, then these speakers might disappoint. Acoustic music and singer/songwriter stuff sounds pretty nice.
The distance required to maintain connection is quite small (about 10 metres) and walls getting in the way are definitely a problem. The connection will just completely drop. Also there was occasionally a crackling sound that I'm assuming came from interference from other gadgets. But this happened only a few times.
Connection with my laptop was a lot more problematical. Initially the computer coundn't find the speakers. This was eventully resolved by updating my version of Windows 7. There were still problems from there though. If the computer had a heavy workload doing other tasks, this could effect playback/ connection and induce crackling and 'jumping'. These problems however are more likely to do with my computer and its bluetooth connector than the Bolse.
Battery life seems good, about 8 hours or more and the device warns you when power is getting with a voice message. This is one of the only annoying things about this unit. The status sounds and messages are way too loud!
So to sum up; a great little performer that is a worthy replacement for in-built laptop speakers and a lot more. I would happily compose and mix music on the Bolse as alternative reference speaker.
Its loud enjoy for a small informal party in your house and compact enough to take on holiday for those boring nights in hotels.
I'm more than happy with this purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a pint sized speaker!, 25 Nov. 2014
Great little Speaker for the price.
Fairly reasonable sound quality if you are indoors. The smaller the room the better. I found the bathroom to give the best acoustics, probably because of the tiles. Outdoors not so great but i didn't expect that from 12w. Very portable and the weight just about right. Light but not too light which is reassuring. Versatile as a hands free in the car, especially when my in car radio is non Bluetooth. The little Bolse speaker comes into its own with the fact that it has not only a line in but a line out or "buddy jack" which is a really great feature for connecting more cordless speakers in series, or like me into the aux in on my car radio. I'm considering getting more cordless speakers just to give the sound a bit more fullness. If you have music on your media player/phone etc the freq. at which it has been recorded will greatly influence the audio output on the speaker. I've found that if you play any tracks that have been recorded above 44mhz the bass can distort and is definitely audible as a rather loud fuzzy sound. This can be slightly corrected with a decent equaliser app or native media player in-app equaliser. i like the touch sensitive buttons and the slightly rubber finish to the speaker case which gives it a decent grip. Nice little foam feet too which give it an advantage when placed on any slippery surface including slightly uneven like a dashboard. I would have liked to have seen a wireless shutdown feature so as to switch it off via the Bluetooth i.o.w. when you disconnect your phone, the speaker immediately shuts down. The only other negative i can give it is the Bluetooth range on it is fairly poor and latency stuttering is experienced when either the phone or the speaker are moved further than 2m apart. I give this little speaker 3 out of 5 stars overall. And in no particular order:
**** for style and design
***** for battery life
*** for audio quality and tonal range
* for Bluetooth range
**** for portability and versatility.
**** for "buddy jack" feature and last but not least *** value for money ***** when bolse gives it better tonal range and bass handling and perhaps an android and/or apple app that gives you more control of the speaker like switching it off from the phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars over all about the bolse portable speaker...., 30 July 2014
this speaker has a good quality sound with a good bass. i use this product for a range of thing but what i have found is that other people can but into your connection, so say you were playing your own music by bluetooth, someone else can connect and play their music and it will stop playing your music. also this bolse portable speaker is anoying with the lady speaking on it . it is loud but it could do being louder. over all the speaker is a okay bit of kit that you can take anywhere with you. also happy with the battery life is long lasting last me a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banana for scale., 17 Dec. 2014
Very good product for the size !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I have owned yet, 12 Sept. 2014
Just back from holiday with my Bolse speaker and my 8" tab, Just loved listening to music on this little baby. Sound is great and loud without distortion, Charged the battery before I my holiday and it did not need charging during the week despite watching a couple of movies and many hours of radio / mp3 listening. The unit actually feels good quality and comes with its own little pouch. All in all very pleased, would I recommend this?. A big YES

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best £30 that I have spent in a ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Easily the best £30 that I have spent in a long time. Excellent sound for the price. Easy to use and pair with devices. Good battery life. I'd be shocked if theres a better portable bluetooth speaker available for this price range. Well done Bolse!!

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL. SCRATCHED VERY DISSIPOINTING. DO NOT BUY BOLSE BTS-12 SPEAKER UNIT UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY EXTRA SENDING BACK RETURNS, 27 Jan. 2015
KEEPING YOUR FINGERS CROSSED YOU DON'T GET A FAULTY ONE.
With all the reviews on this product I was really looking forward to receiving this speaker and despite some negatives experienced by some hoped I would not be included in that batch but, behold I am.

I received the speaker promptly, unwrapped it and couldn’t wait to try it. What a big let down.

1-On opening the box and slipping it out of the unseeled plastic sleeve I noticed a large scratch on the top of the device and underneath it device (see my pics taken of unit immediatly out the box ) and that really bothered me for something that is supposed to be brand new.

2-) Next the on-off button was very stiff and getting it to move from off to on it immediately began to feel very wobbly and will probably only be a matter of time before it drops off or malfunctions.

3-Next I proceeded to pair up the device with my HTC One X phone. The pairing was fast although it could not pair with my husband’s iphone5?? I put the phone down on my left 80cm away from the speaker and the music from the speaker kept cutting out. If I put the phone down on the desk the Bluetooth totally just cuts out and you hear nothing. Now I am beginning to think I received the faulty product from another reviewer who retuned his device for exactly the same reasons I have explained. This is certainly a faulty speaker which can’t even pick up the Bluetooth from more than a metre and you have to keep holding it. It's so irritating.

Now I am beginning to think I received the faulty return product from another reviewer. It can’t pick up the Bluetooth from more than a metre.
I am returning this IMMEDIATELY. I am really disappointed and put out with all the hassle of re-wrapping it up, printing labels and taking time to go down to the post office on my lunch break.

If YOU want to take the risk, it’s up to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bolse C1 - Quality, bass, deceptively loud, well built., 23 April 2015
SHORT: Quality sound, deep / powerful / punchy bass, deceptively loud, well built.

It was a toss-up between the Bolse C1 and the JBL Charge 2 - decided to save myself £30 and go for the Bolse C1 (NB not made by Bolse but a third party Chinese manufacturer, though Bolse are the cheapest to retail).

The enclosure is made of aluminium which feels solid and survived an accidental drop on tiled floor with no impact damage. It looks reasonably stylish, nothing super duper flash though.

Other reviews and YouTube videos suggested this could produce deep bass, and rightfully so - surprisingly deep for 2.5" drivers. The drivers are made of Kevlar, though there's only about 30% Kevlar due to a huge plastic dustcap. Of course, with the drivers being only 2.5" you get great response or "punch" to the bass.

The Bolse C1 is perfect for placing on a table or bench to fill up a small room or area with sound. It is not very suited to close listening; don't expect good sound when sitting directly in front of this unit, because frankly the bass will overpower the treble and highs. Take a step back and it sounds wonderful. (If you want close listening, use headphones or even your device's native speaker!)

People have commented that it's not "loud" at full volume, but actually it's deceptively loud; good quality sound does not sound as loud as tinny sound even at higher volumes.

When you power on the speaker there is a 5 second delay while it checks for playback on the aux input. If nothing is detected then it switches on Bluetooth automatically. Bluetooth paired easily and is Bluetooth 4.0 compliant. Range is roughly 15m open aired, 10m indoors. For best quality use the 3.5mm auxiliary input to eliminate compression over Bluetooth and extend your battery life.

There is a DSP with "3D" stereo widening. It actually gives a decent effect and is not too overpowering. To activate it, give a short press to the 'down' and 'up' buttons simultaneously et voila. It's personal preference whether you like the effect ,of course.

Overall, I'd recommend this product. I'm pretty hard to please where audio is concerned (running 4x Bose 301 and 1x dual 10" bass bin as my main system) but I can't fault the quality of sound for the price of this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, great price, great sound., 8 July 2014
Very pleased with this bit of kit. Great sound quality considering the size. No problem with battery life or connectivity, just turn it on and it does the rest. I'd definitely recommend this product. I looked at stuff half the price but they had less power and less battery life. I wanted it for holidays and anything less than 6 hrs would mean no music after lunch. Look at the full spec of the cheap ones if you're going to compare, not just the price.