1,186 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound and build quality with great battery life
Published 3 months ago by Pioneer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a pint sized speaker!
Great little Speaker for the price.
Published 5 months ago by Michael Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound and build quality with great battery life, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bolse® 12W NFC Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker, 8 hour Playtime with Built-in Speakerphone for iPhone 6, 5S, 5, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, HTC, Tablets, PC (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Brilliant sound and excellent battery life and incredible value. The sound volume to expect from this is that of a high quality bedside radio like a Roberts or Pure costing £50-£80. It will fill a room with music or spoken word and be easily heard and appreciated if your working or just relaxing but it not loud enough to have a party. I use it as a bedside speaker for my iPhone instead of an alarm clock and once paired it can play music last thing at night before going to sleep and is still switched on and connected 8 hours later when the phones alarm goes off even when using its battery. Its great to be able to carry music into the bathroom and then down to the kitchen.

I have bought a USB plugin charger for it with a 2m usb extension so I can charge it at night while on my bedside table. It is then guaranteed to be fully charged from when it wakes me up to playing tunes in the kitchen at the end of the day.

Paired with a Smart phone its a brilliant alternative to a bedside alarm clock, OK it doesn't show the time but your smart phone can do that and you can listen to anything in the world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a pint sized speaker!, 25 Nov. 2014
Great little Speaker for the price.
Fairly reasonable sound quality if you are indoors. The smaller the room the better. I found the bathroom to give the best acoustics, probably because of the tiles. Outdoors not so great but i didn't expect that from 12w. Very portable and the weight just about right. Light but not too light which is reassuring. Versatile as a hands free in the car, especially when my in car radio is non Bluetooth. The little Bolse speaker comes into its own with the fact that it has not only a line in but a line out or "buddy jack" which is a really great feature for connecting more cordless speakers in series, or like me into the aux in on my car radio. I'm considering getting more cordless speakers just to give the sound a bit more fullness. If you have music on your media player/phone etc the freq. at which it has been recorded will greatly influence the audio output on the speaker. I've found that if you play any tracks that have been recorded above 44mhz the bass can distort and is definitely audible as a rather loud fuzzy sound. This can be slightly corrected with a decent equaliser app or native media player in-app equaliser. i like the touch sensitive buttons and the slightly rubber finish to the speaker case which gives it a decent grip. Nice little foam feet too which give it an advantage when placed on any slippery surface including slightly uneven like a dashboard. I would have liked to have seen a wireless shutdown feature so as to switch it off via the Bluetooth i.o.w. when you disconnect your phone, the speaker immediately shuts down. The only other negative i can give it is the Bluetooth range on it is fairly poor and latency stuttering is experienced when either the phone or the speaker are moved further than 2m apart. I give this little speaker 3 out of 5 stars overall. And in no particular order:
**** for style and design
***** for battery life
*** for audio quality and tonal range
* for Bluetooth range
**** for portability and versatility.
**** for "buddy jack" feature and last but not least *** value for money ***** when bolse gives it better tonal range and bass handling and perhaps an android and/or apple app that gives you more control of the speaker like switching it off from the phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 21 Sept. 2014
When I recently heard a friend's set of Bose bluetooth speakers, I was blown away by the depth and clarity of sound coming from something so small and equally stunned by the price, which wasn't small, about £250.
This had been my first experience of bluetooth speakers, and I was impressed. So much so, I decided I would try and find some that had a similar quality of sound for a fraction of the price (hastened by the fact that one of my laptop speakers had blown).
After numerous searches and review reading, I came across the closely named Bolse SZ-801's. Many people claimed they were clear and had a good punch in the volume department. So, at such a low price, I decided to take the plunge and buy them.
Opening the box revealed a small, smart and suprisingly heavy speaker. Everything was clearly laid out in terms of buttons and ports. So I first tried using it with my android phone. Turning on the bluetooth on my smartphone and then turning on the Bolse proved to provide an almost instant connection without me having to do anything! Great!
And the sound? For a speaker this size and cost; its impressive. It handles bass quite well but dont expect it to send your stomach wobbling when the kick drum comes in or when the bass player hits a bottom E. You have to be realistic. If you wanted that kind of bass then you'd be looking at buying substantially larger speakers.
The highs are quite crisp, but the mids can get a bit muddy when then speakers are on loud and there's a lot going on in the music. So bear that in mind; If you like typically dense music played loud, then these speakers might disappoint. Acoustic music and singer/songwriter stuff sounds pretty nice.
The distance required to maintain connection is quite small (about 10 metres) and walls getting in the way are definitely a problem. The connection will just completely drop. Also there was occasionally a crackling sound that I'm assuming came from interference from other gadgets. But this happened only a few times.
Connection with my laptop was a lot more problematical. Initially the computer coundn't find the speakers. This was eventully resolved by updating my version of Windows 7. There were still problems from there though. If the computer had a heavy workload doing other tasks, this could effect playback/ connection and induce crackling and 'jumping'. These problems however are more likely to do with my computer and its bluetooth connector than the Bolse.
Battery life seems good, about 8 hours or more and the device warns you when power is getting with a voice message. This is one of the only annoying things about this unit. The status sounds and messages are way too loud!
So to sum up; a great little performer that is a worthy replacement for in-built laptop speakers and a lot more. I would happily compose and mix music on the Bolse as alternative reference speaker.
Its loud enjoy for a small informal party in your house and compact enough to take on holiday for those boring nights in hotels.
I'm more than happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sound, 8 Dec. 2014
Mr. M Lynch (UK) - See all my reviews
I rarely write reviews but simply had to for this speaker. The sound from this small speaker is absolutely sensational and I totally recommend purchasing it. So impressed i'm ordering a couple more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banana for scale., 17 Dec. 2014
Very good product for the size !

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed!, 3 Feb. 2015
After having little luck with Bluetooth speakers (struggling to pair or constant buzzing or crackling) I was amazed at how quickly this speaker paired and how loud it was! A beep to let you know it it on, a light to let you know when it is pairing/ when it has paired and a brilliant standby time. My only issue is how loud it's standard volume is for when it comes on! I recommend you make sure your device has a low volume before pairing (I got the fright of my life the first time it paired and started blasting Slipknot - don't judge!), especially if you have thin walls separating you and your neighbours! The Bluetooth range is brilliant and allows me to leave my phone downstairs when cleaning and carry the speaker up two flights of stairs without any degradation in sound quality. You can also control the tracks (simply forward and back controls) on top of the speaker. Additionally you can set it up to allow answering of your phone (I haven't used this so don't know how well it works). Overall well worth the price and just as good as more expensive brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars over all about the bolse portable speaker...., 30 July 2014
this speaker has a good quality sound with a good bass. i use this product for a range of thing but what i have found is that other people can but into your connection, so say you were playing your own music by bluetooth, someone else can connect and play their music and it will stop playing your music. also this bolse portable speaker is anoying with the lady speaking on it . it is loud but it could do being louder. over all the speaker is a okay bit of kit that you can take anywhere with you. also happy with the battery life is long lasting last me a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, perfect Bluetooth speaker!, 6 Mar. 2015
This speaker is very cheap, yet sounds like a 80-100 pound speaker, it's loud (very loud for it's size I may add) and very clear. I bought this for my room and to listen to music in the shower and it's perfect for that, the Bluetooth is very reliable and very rarely cuts out which is fantastic. Charge lasts a very long time, I've had it connected and playing music from my Samsung phone and had it last solidly over 8 hours which I think is a very decent battery life.

I was sceptical about buying this product as I have never heard of Bolse, but after buying it and having it for a few months I would definitely buy other products from this brand as the quality is just fantastic. It won't drown a room with noise and if you're having a party it wouldn't stop people from hearing each other, but for personal usage this is a great product and is fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I have owned yet, 12 Sept. 2014
Just back from holiday with my Bolse speaker and my 8" tab, Just loved listening to music on this little baby. Sound is great and loud without distortion, Charged the battery before I my holiday and it did not need charging during the week despite watching a couple of movies and many hours of radio / mp3 listening. The unit actually feels good quality and comes with its own little pouch. All in all very pleased, would I recommend this?. A big YES

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Jan. 2015
C. Oscar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
After reading all the reviews for the BTS12 speaker, I decided to take the plunge and buy it.
I wish I hadn't.
The speaker was no way loud enough for its size and the bass was totally non-existant.
I bought this to replace an X-Mini ll speaker but this turned out to be a downgrade.
It's going back to the shelves of the vast Amazon warehouse.