4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and hard to put down
I thoroughly enjoyed these books! I already had the first one as a free eBook and did not hesitate to buy the boxed set especially as it was only 99p!
Sure there are some typos and continuity errors but I've never written a book so I don't feel the need to complain about them as I can't do better. The story did unravel a little towards the end but was entertaining...
Published 14 months ago by Ronz

3.0 out of 5 stars the walking dead....
A perfectly well written series. My biggest issue here is that it is blatantly 'The Walking Dead' fan fiction. I understand completely, I love the show, and the books(have not caught up on graphic novels etc) but I wish the author could have been a little more honest. As you get pulled in you slowly see the similarities. The author has done little to disguise his clear...
Published 6 months ago by G. E. O'rourke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fills some reading time, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Contamination Boxed Set (Books 0-3 in the series) (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad read but not great. It started slow and dropped off for a while in the middle but it filled up some of my reading time.
Despite exploring some of the characters more in see depth I still fell that they are slightly two dimensional,and the storyline is quite predictable.
But like I said not bad

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!!, 4 May 2014
Absolutely loved these books can't wait to read the next !!! Couldn't put my kindle down kept me glued to the story all day !!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value zombie tale (if you like zombies), 1 May 2014
Having read quite a way into Platt's "Yesterday's Gone", I thought I'd give this a try. For 99p, it's a good read, telling the story from several characters' viewpoints (as does Platt). However, unlike "Yesterday", the cause of the "illness" is explained early on in Contamination, having been concocted by a group who believe that mankind is on a downward spiral and the best course of action is to help it into near-extinction and then re-build. Not the most original of storylines but it makes an interesting read. Characters have realistic backgrounds and interact reasonably. I felt the last third of the book was a bit OTT (not of course that the idea of flesh-eating zombies running around is not OTT!), with a couple of people who had no real experience of combat or weaponry defeating a horde of well-armed trained mercenaries. Despite that, a story that grabs you and good value at 99p.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 22 April 2014
Loved this box set. So different from the other survivor stories around just now. I couldn't put it down, read all three in a few days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, 17 April 2014
Such a bargain for these three books in the series. I like a good zombie book and these are a really good read. Not the best ones ive read but well worth a read and looking forward to reading the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab., 16 April 2014
This boxed set introduced me at a really good price to some new writers/books in this genre. Fab the price and intro to different authors,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, nail biting, action packed, 29 Mar. 2014
Discovered this boxed set whilst waiting for another book to be released and downloaded it. Pretty much action packed from the start. I really enjoyed this series although I admit that I was a bit scared too. Great characters and you want them to succeed. (No spoilers here!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars zombie but enjoyed these books, 15 Mar. 2014
I enjoy zombie books and these were good for that. I thought there were a couple of things that didn't quite hang together but I accepted it as I would a b rated zombie movie - good while it lasted but glad I only paid 49p for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW DID I LIKE THESE BOOKS, 4 Mar. 2014
I read everyone's reviews but felt, what the hell I will buy it anyway.
I am so glad I did, read them in 2 days.

I loved the fact that we had numerous different people in all of the books, some came together in the end, but they all had there own amazing story to tell us.
We had the owner of a clapped out garage and gift shop, he had lost his wife and child in an accident and so he lived on his own. A meat wagon arrived at the same time as the first zombie, and Sam barely got away with his life. A couple of folks turned up at his garage, one of them the daughter of the man who had killed Sam's wife and child, and they gave him a lift away from the garage and into more sinister encounters.

We met Dan a local policeman, who encountered his first Zombie, a drunk from the local town that he had taken into custody, and who turned whilst at the police station. Dan's wife becomes infected and he rescues his daughter Quinn, and they set off with their own adventures to save themselves.

These books are well worth buying if you are into Zombies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 23 Feb. 2014
I really enjoyed the box set. The characters are well rounded and likeable. Strong storyline and great action sequences made for a great series

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›