Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.74

on 10 January 2014
So I'll admit. I saw this book at the Kindle price and almost wrote it off. After all. It had a low price, and all the reviews five stars. Sirens were going off in my mind, and I'd defend being circumspect given the topic. But I humbly admit that I was quite wrong. This book is VERY good. It doesn't cover the entire length and breadth of forex, but that's not what I needed. I'd got that already from the internet, but was still no closer to knowing what to do. This however presents a credible start towards trading in forex. The book contained much no nonsense advice that rang true even as I checked it against what was going on in the markets at the time. It also gave a reality check that I probably needed, and installed some hard does and don'ts that I suspect will save me many times the purchase price of this text. The book is a little prescriptive of the author's specific beliefs and approach. But those beliefs appear founded on insightful and thought through principles, which are clearly derived from a long term objective study of real world trading. Before buying I researched the author, and signed up for one of their webinars, which was free, practical and immensely useful. There's precious little objective and truthful literature on this subject as far as I can tell. So it'd be to your loss if you overlooked this book. I need to say that buying books on the basis of Amazon's reviews all being five stars is a flawed approach in my view. If you're buying books on a topic this riddled with poor steers, then I'd research the author carefully. I did that, liked what I saw, so I bought this book. And for its price I'm VERY pleased that I did.
on 23 November 2013
Although I'm only half way through the book ,I've found it really easy to read and understand, very simply written in every day language ,perfect for beginners and pointing out the pitfalls as it goes along. I highly recommend it for beginners and those who have traded not only in forex but all types of financial trading and have not done so well.
on 1 November 2014
What a fantastic book. Buy this if you're interested in Forex, it's as simple as that. It's like being taught by one of those rare teachers that make you want to learn because with them, you just get it.
on 7 October 2014
bought Anna's book on Volume Price Action and  was curious to see what she had written for beginners.  "Thank you for writing this brilliant book"

I've traded on and off during the past 5 years and spent shed loads on books, CDs, courses and education (a.k.a losses)
Wasted hours searching the tinter-web for the holy grail, a perfect trading method, which doesn't exist and if it does it's  certainly not being given away for 3 quid.

This book is packed full of help and information for novice traders and the rest of us still looking for consistency in our trading results.
Chapter 13 has some of the best and most practical advice I've  ever read.

Ive reloaded MT4 feeling confident, invigorated, and armed with ideas/methods for quantify risk, controlling  emotions, The Currency Matrix ... Priceless for any body just beginning a journey into FX trading.

It's the best book I've read on trading and the only motive I can see for Mrs C having written it. is a genuine desire to educate and help would be traders from loosing their shirts.
A big thank you and 5 stars doesn't do it justice.
on 14 September 2015
I am a beginner and have learned a bit from the book. I don't like that the a lot of the chart diagrams are too poor to read any figures, and they are black and grey. You can go to Anna's website to view the charts clearly, but I have found this extremely difficult to find. Got there twice but simply have been unable to find the link since. The one sent by Anna stopped working. When you do find the charts on-line they seem to be in a different order to the book. This is an expensive book. It is a pity that the charts are not clear in the book. As such, I would not recommend the book.
on 2 May 2014
An excellent, clearly written and very informative book.
I highly recommend this book for beginners and, in fact,
all traders who haven't yet had success in Forex
on 6 June 2015
I've been FX spreadbetting off and on for a couple of years now, but after my last break of some 6-months due to my intermittent workload, I was having trouble getting back in the trading 'groove'/mindset.

So, for infinitely less than the cost of a failed trade, I thought I'd go back to basics and get my brain back into gear.

This book certainly did that over the course of a weekend read, and in fact caused me to purchase the other two books written by Anna and to re-evaluate and tweak my trading methodology/strategy.

Appreciating though that there's no one way only of trading, and that it's a case of 'horses for courses,' the contents of this series of three books may not gel with everybody, but aspects certainly have for me and sparked enlightenment over some of the ideas I hadn't previously fully taken on-board - I've now started trading differently.

I wish I'd read this book years ago, before losing myself in many of the ideas that had lodged themselves in my shell-like from reading other books.

I don't give 5 stars for anything, so this is probably a first for me!
on 5 January 2014
There are many books purporting to provide an introduction to FX and the financial markets. I have read many of them!
This one is the real deal.
I thoroughly recommend to anyone starting off or thinking about it, and to others ,like me, who still have a lot to learn.
on 17 November 2013
Sherpa Guides live on the high slopes and are skilled in mountain climbing. Sherpas (frequently not using oxygen) carry a lot of the heavy stuff belonging to foreign mountain climbers (using oxygen) who spend a lot of money trying to get to the top.

So Sherpas have our respect.

Trading is hard and we need guides. This writer is an excellent guide.

This book is: history and politics and money and rules and, and......

.....and fun, yes fun to see how the things work the way they do.

Trading is an "adventure" and whatever happens to you, you will get "life experience!"

don't try struggling on your own....struggle to find good guides....they can make all the difference.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2013
This is the book I had been anticipating for some time. It covers everything you could possibly need to know about what Forex is and how to trade it. It should answer every question any beginner would ask. It even includes an introduction to the author's pet volume price analysis method.

Generally the author's writing style is very engaging and only gets bogged down when the maths of calculating margins etc comes into discussion, but that is inevitable and the author provides many examples. Overall it's an easy read from chapter to chapter.

Thoroughly recommended, even more so at this price! I shall definitely be purchasing further books by the author.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse