5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!!
Published 8 months ago by Jessica Eskelin

3.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional Family in Gay themed Drama.
Published 5 months ago by Tommy Dooley

3.0 out of 5 stars Dysfunctional Family in Gay themed Drama., 8 Mar 2014
Tommy Dooley "Tom" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
This is the latest film from writer and director Lloyd Eyre-Morgan who brought us `Dream On'. This is billed as a `psychological, gay themed drama', and it sort of works. It is about Josh who lives with his loud and brash sister Nichola and his mum who is having regression therapy to deal with abuse issues as a child. She is having mood swings and seems to rely too much on Josh. Meanwhile Josh likes making films with his handycam and is making a horror with his best mate - who he also has a massive crush on.

Anyway we have his sister getting involved with the boys from the Council Estate or Social Housing Project as I think we now say. This is Barnsey played by Jody Latham of `Shameless' fame. Josh also seeks solace by going on line and he meets an American who decides to help.

Now there is a lot of angst in this and some genuinely tense moments, and it can be quite hard hitting, the plot does suffer a bit from obvious funding short comings - like squeaky floor boards and bed springs, but I actually found that quite endearing. Some of the plot twists do require a bit of a stretch in the credulity department but to say what they are would be a plot spoiler.

Some of the characters are really unlikable and some over earnest acting detract from the actual plot. Overall though this does work the 'good' parts are nearly enough to compensate for the few less convincing aspects. So it does manage to be what it set out to do, though for anyone looking for a bedfest you would be advised to look elsewhere as this is not the point of this indie film - so it is just ok hence my rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really...nightmare, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
I found the narrative structure to this film to be too convoluted to follow or to care to follow. There was an overall amateurish feel to the film despite some witty dialogue and casting choices. Editing was clunky and photography flat - it's a shame because many low budget films achieve much more, often defying their modest budget roots. This film sadly felt and looked impoverished in budget. I hate to talk a film down but it annoys me because it's clear the people involved have a passion but need a boot up the backside to do better - I read this was a personal biographical in points film for the director - I don't think it translated to screen as well as intended. I much preferred the first film by the director Dream On.

2.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A LET DOWN, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Celluloid (DVD)
Watched with an Asian friend who is very anglophile, who could not make head or tail of where the film was going. For myself I just got totally switched off and could not care what happened to any of the characters. I gave the film 2 stars for the work the actors had to to do to try and make some semblance of the script even if I thought at times they were also lost.

1.0 out of 5 stars Celluloid is rubbish beyond belief, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
All over the place and hard to follow. Did nothing for me other than left me wondering as to why I would pay good money for such rubbish. Highly not recommended. Gorden Percy (Greenock Scotland) 30/06/2014 19.52pm

2.0 out of 5 stars Black Comedy?, 12 May 2014
Mr. S. J. Elmore (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking forward to a gritty hard hitting film but this did not hit the spot at all......lots of miscasting, the therapist guy reminded me of a Ricky Gervais character, no disrespect to the actor, but he had the most atrocious lines. The actor playing Barnesy was obviously brought in to sell the film, but he was awful. It was in many respects akin to a black comedy, I and two friends certainly found it funny, and why was it an 18 cert? I have seen much stronger stuff on tv...eg Weekend which was aired recently. Sorry to all concerned, but I was so disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had hoped, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
I thought that with the actor from one of channel 4's most controversial series in it, I was expecting something again controversial again but this was not the case and I found it a dull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
I was lucky enough to attend the premier of this movie and I have been obsessed with it ever since! This movie had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! The cast did an amazing job, I especially enjoyed the young actress, Olivia Sweeney's performance. This film is an excellent example of a confident director who knows what he is doing. I look forward to seeing what this bright young man will do next!

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting but ultimately very sad, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
The story had great potential but was ultimately let down by some below par acting by a very talented cast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really?!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
To the person above! How on earth have you seen it?! The DVD is not out till Jan! Haters gonna hate hey!

I attended the premier and can say it's a great film, great story, and great cast!

Buy it you won't regret it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New British Film, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Celluloid [DVD] (DVD)
I was lucky to see this film in Palm Springs. The acting was brilliant, its a must have for the DVD collections.

Celluloid [DVD]
Celluloid [DVD] by Lloyd Eyre-Morgan (DVD - 2014)
6.89