5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bargain on Amazon?
One of the other reviewers mention what a great bargain these are . So good we have immediately ordered another because they are so multi purpose if you deal with firewood or simply need great gloves for pruning roses and other similar gardening work (that's why we needed a second pair).
The only caveat is that they apparently only come in one size ( a 10 whatever...
Published 15 months ago by kaleidoscope

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy
bought these as our old pair had holes in and although these protect your arms there was holes in the thumbs in a month,wouldn't buy again
Published 3 months ago by c j davey

‹ Previous | 1 2 344 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the job, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Langley WOODBURNER GLOVES HIGH TEMPERATURE STOVE LONG LINED WELDERS GAUNTLETS LOG FIRE (Misc.)
These were bought for a wood burner and will do the job perfectly adequately, I have however noticed the padding in some of the fingers is slightly thinner than in others, but for the price they great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value, 9 Oct. 2014
Incredible value for the price of £3.30 which includes postage. These are nice quality long gauntlet leather gloves and with a lining too, seemingly intended for welders so well able to cope with a woodburner stove.

I needed some sort of protective gloves for loading logs into my new woodburner, having burned myself a couple of times on my arm when using the short, fabric glove that came with it, which is similar to a very cheap kitchen oven glove and inadequate for the purpose.

These are ideal for me. I have average man's hands so will probably be a little large for many ladies or anyone else with smaller hands. Nonetheless they are so cheap and such decent quality that this is the classic offer you can't refuse if you need a pair of stove gloves. And you get a pair, many stove gloves I've looked at supply only one, and at a much higher price than this pair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Price good Quality not so good, 15 April 2015
Not the best of quality as i only used mine for a few months and the stiches have give way and now got a thumb with no protection so i purchased the stovax range and that has out done the red ones by miles and don't feel heat in the stovax gloves than you do with the red ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential if you have a log burner, 2 Jan. 2015
We had a log burner installed just before Christmas and both of us were nervous about putting fresh logs into the hot fire so I decided to buy these gloves to protect us. To me these are essential if you have a log burner as they allow you to place the logs into the wood burner rather than throw them in because it's too hot. You can also pick up any embers that fall onto the hearth without any fear of being burnt. For the small cost of these gloves why would you not want a pair to protect you from being burnt? Because we only put on the right hand glove for managing the fire the left hand glove is still immaculate and probably won't be used ever. I can see these gloves lasting me a very long time despite using them on a daily basis.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 23 Mar. 2015
fallen apart after 2 months of usage putting logs into a log burner

5.0 out of 5 stars these fit perfect so are probably a bit on the big side ..., 2 July 2015
Bought to use as BBQ gloves. I wear an XL motorcycle glove, these fit perfect so are probably a bit on the big side for some people.

I find myself picking up and moving around hot coals just using the gloves when I don't have tongs handy, the finger tips have hardened a bit but no signs of damage.

Well made for the price. Heat resistance is good, I can hold a red hot glowing coals for 5-10 seconds before the heat gets through. The leather/outer fabric hasn't scorched despite not being designed for direct contact with burning charcoal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than the old worn out welding gloves we were using, 16 April 2015
MrsPaul (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Perfect, just perfect! A bit of a rather strong odour - I'm thinking the dye - that went away after about a half hour. The gloves are gauntlet length so just right for loading another log or more smokeless coal into the multi-fuel stove, and the fleece-like lining makes the gloves very comfortable.

The fingers are a touch short, otherwise these are brilliant. Glad I bought two pair and I may order two more pair. We live in NE Scotland so the stove is going tonight and these gloves have made seeing to the heat much more pleasant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves for outdoor wood-fired oven., 7 July 2015
I bought these to use with my outdoor wood-fired oven. They give good protection throughout most heats, but when i get to temperatures over 300C, the gloves get crazy hot if my hands in the oven for more than a few seconds.
They do serve there purpose and are really good value. I would rather buy these than the more expensive ones, as these types of gloves can get dirty very quickly. As they are good value, I can just buy another pair when mine get too dirty.

I recommend these to all who need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for good quality wood burner gloves, 13 Mar. 2015
If you are looking for good quality wood burner gloves, then you have come to the right place, at £3.30 with no P&P these gloves are a must. They are basically welders gauntlets, I was previously a welder and have had the use of loads of gloves that were no where near as good as these and which cost about four times as much.
I purchased 5 pairs and the delivery was quick and well withing the estimated time. I will definitely order gloves from this supplier again as they are good quality for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 22 Feb. 2015
Essential gear for opening hot doors and feeding fuel to the fire. Superb value for money and with no p&p a snip. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 344 | Next ›