Published 1 month ago by H M Watkins

3.0 out of 5 stars The EasyAcc is a great torch very bright with a nice colour balance
The EasyAcc is a great torch very bright with a nice colour balance. Being used as a torch it can last for over 10 hours.
I have a Htc M8 and from flat with the phone off the EasyAcc can charge it to 73%. The M8 has a 2600mah batt. Giving the EasyAcc a usable capacity of 1898mah. Not quite the 3000 or 2700mah after converter efficiency.
Published 10 hours ago by Mr T P Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Charged it fully to start with (4 blue lights) then tested by running down my iPhone 4s to 10% (switch on power hungry apps like, 13 July 2014
H M Watkins (Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EasyAcc U-bright 3000mAh Power bank Lipstick sized 2.1A Output with 0.5W LED Flashlight Ultra Compact Portable External Battery Charger for iPhone Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone Phone Motorola Moto GoPro - with Rope Hole (Personal Computers)
I got this because my phone ran out during a day trip to London checking buses, tubes, maps, and taking photos etc. and I really needed it in the evening to make a call! I'm so impressed with this little gadget and what a bargain price. Charged it fully to start with (4 blue lights) then tested by running down my iPhone 4s to 10% (switch on power hungry apps like video, torch, games). Attached the power bank and charged phone back up to 85%, took 1hr. Ran phone down again to 15%, attached power bank and charged phone back up to 85%, 1hr again. Next day ran phone down to 15%, attached power bank which now had just 1 blue light left, it still managed to charge phone up to 46% before it ran out. It's not really lipstick size, unless you buy large lipsticks, but it's a little shorter than my phone and a bit thicker than a lipstick. Bought a very short cable to attach to phone (you need phone to standard USB) and now keep the pair in my handbag so I don't get caught out again. Charge seems to last a while so I just recharge it each weekend. Feels well made quality product - hope it lasts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little charger, 25 April 2014
This is a very useful device. A quality product that unties you from your smartphone's wall charger!
Well-built and fits in your pocket with your phone.

With my Galaxy Note 1, I get an 80% charge on my original Samsung 2500mAh battery, and a 70% charge on my larger Anker 2700mAh battery. This takes a similar amount of time to the wall charger (2-3hrs). Once discharged (or at any other point), the PowerBank can then be recharged with your wall charger.
The PowerBank comes with two USB-MicroUSB cables (~18cm and ~56cm). The shorter cable is a perfect length to keep the charger within a useful distance of the phone without getting in the way.

*TAKE CARE* When connected to the phone, the male MicroUSB connector is vulnerable to bending (especially when in a pocket, for instance). If this occurs, the pins that hold the connector in will likely be damaged and the cable will be almost impossible to keep connected reliably, and connection will be lost.

However, when this happened to me, EasyAcc were very quick to respond via email and sent me a replacement.
Very good customer service.

It also ships with two sizes of strap. Technically these are probably for the PowerBank itself, but could be used as a phone-strap instead. In this case, be aware of how you attach these to your device - many strap-loops are thin and vulnerable to snapping if too much tension is applied to the strap attached to them. And obviously, you don't want to hang the phone from the charger either.

I chose this unit over the competition mainly because it has a useful LED display, showing when it is charged and discharged. Apparently it doesn't matter if you overcharge the PowerBank. I haven't tested to see if it turns itself off once your phone is fully charged (assuming the PowerBank still has charge left), but it does turn itself off once *it* is fully discharged. I usually just wait until my phone is at ~30% before charging, so I can be sure my phone won't be overcharged.

Finally, the LED torch. I didn't pay much attention to this when buying, but it's been so useful I no longer use my other small torches. It is VERY BRIGHT! So bright that you must be careful - DO NOT SHINE IT IN YOUR EYES.
If you carry the PowerBank around most of the time (ie; whenever you have your phone), then you also carry a very useful pocket torch that is astoundingly bright for its size.

In short, this is a great device and will change the way you charge your smartphone!
Charges well, with a bright torch as a secondary function and great customer support, I can thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars i thought i would give this a go, 24 Mar 2014
i am over the moon with it ,it does charge as they say.The light is great and i am glad i bought it
I can keep the charger in my pocket and know i will always be able to use the phone
As others have said wish it had come with own charger ,but i just use the charger for the phone
As i have said glad i bought it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good build and fast charging., 8 Aug 2014
I rather like the power bank, the size is acceptable and the construction seems to be of good quality.
The flash light is a nice extra, although I haven't really used it yet.

I have some doubts about the actual 3000mAh capacity as it should be enough to charge my phone fully and have a little juice left but I haven't been able to fully charge my phone on one charge. Still I do admit that the phone is normally used while charging which is not ideal for correctly evaluating it.

The charging speed is quite good and has served it's purpose multiple times already.

I would recommend buying this.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent battery, 12 Mar 2014
I already have an Anker 3000mah lipstick style battery and find it so useful. I was going to buy another, but I saw this and thought I would give it a try as it seems to have more features.

This battery does what it says. In comparison to the anker;

Build quality. The Anker wins hands down. The shell is made of metal and has a premium feel. The easyAcc is all plastic and has a cheap feel to it.

Features. The EasyAcc wins here. It has a nice torch, a 4 led charge status and has a 2.1Amp output. The Anker outputs only 1 amp. This means the EasyAcc will charge larger devices faster. If you only charge a mobile, then the extra charging capacity probably won't matter.

Extras. The easyAcc comes with 2 different length USB cables, a lanyard wrist strap and a neck strap. The Anker comes with 1 USB cable and a rather nice 'net' bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Aug 2014
Brilliant!.. Both the torch function and the unit as a whole.
Charges nicely from the EasyAcc folding solar panel, even through a car window (in good sun).
Bought it to keep in my work bag for those long days away from a charging point at work, oh and camping and festivals. Small enough to keep in your pocket. Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit, 25 Feb 2014
Well built, torch is nice option, not used for over ten weeks but still has 75% power, great for emergency backup

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have gadget for smart phones, 14 July 2014
This is great. I have one in my handbag and my hubby carries one in his laptop case (or jacket when he's out). They charge an iphone quickly and with some power to spare, and it holds its charge well when not in use. The torch is very handy too. We bought them for travelling but will be using them all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 22 Jan 2014
these work great, small quick charger, i use on my tablet and my phoneand they work great,the only issue is (hence the 4 stars not 5) is that it is reasonably easy for the torch to switch on whilst it is in your bag / pocket, a couple of times i have got it out of my bag and the torch is on, but I still think it is great and would still buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, really happy with these!, 28 Feb 2014
I previously used a Halo that cost 30 but would not fully charge my phone even one time and had no torch!
I have been really impressed with this. I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I use it heavily for mobile internet. Bought the portable charger after a recommendation from a colleague. Followed the simple instructions to get it charged up then put it to work.
Don't be fooled by the small size, this little baby packs in a lot of power. It can fully charge my phone twice with a bit spare, also has a simple four small blue led's on top so you can see at a glance how much capacity is left. The bright white torch is a great bonus. Just bear in mind that if you use the torch for 20 mins + it reduces the ability to charge my phone down to about 1.5 full charges (still v. good IMHO). Family and friends love it too I have ordered five more for my wife, son, daughter and two friends as they were so impressed. A great purchase at half the cost of more well known brands.