5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! (Android users see video)
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:48 Mins
See video review.

Summary -

1. Exceptional sound.
2. Superb build quality with a kevlar reinforced wire.
3. Microphone is excellent, including when used outdoors.
Published 4 months ago by daks100

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but the cord is really annoying
Before buying I red some reviews mentioning that the kevlar cord made a lot of noise when moving. Didn't think it was such a deal as "all in-ear makes some noise", but it really REALLY is.

I have stopped using it when moving and working as it gets quite uncomfortable. Works if you are home with no shirt on, or are on a spinning bike with little to no upper body...
Published 2 months ago by Andreas K

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! (Android users see video), 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 premium wood earphones with built-in microphone (Electronics)
Length:: 8:48 Mins

See video review.

Summary -

1. Exceptional sound.
2. Superb build quality with a kevlar reinforced wire.
3. Microphone is excellent, including when used outdoors.
4. In-line clicker remote works great with Android and can control volume! (An app is required for this, and an explanation and tutorial is in the video).
5. They look great.
6. The earphone wood, box and carry bag are made from recycled materials.
7. They come with free sweets. Nice touch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 15 May 2014
I've always had problems with this earbud-type earphone sliding out of my ear, no matter how good the seal was and the size of the bud I used. I've reverted to using other types of earphones, such as the Bose IE2, which sounds great, but upon receiving and testing these I realised what I'd been missing.

Because they're directly in your ear canal, (although it may not be the greatest for the health of your inner ear) the bass is as powerful as I've heard. I know that's not all to a set of headphones, but it really is. There's sub-bass in some songs which I'm only fully experiencing now, having owned sets of RHA's, full-size Sony headphones etc, and it's more punchy and with more impact than I expected. Significantly impressed.

If you're not a great fan of bass you might want to look elsewhere, because these do lean toward it. They're also pretty warm-sounding, which I think may have something to do with the wooden construction. If you value bass at all you'll love them; electronic music sounds incredible. Aside from the bass, the overall sound is great. For the price, you won't be disappointed. Sadly, I can't comment on the microphone because, tragically, no one calls me.

The isolation is great, absolutely no issues there, and as I've said they're the most comfortable in-ear pair I've had; they barely budge unless the wire is tugged on. Speaking of the wire, that's the only significant problem I can pick up on. There are microphonics (cable noise) as you'd expect with the braided cable, but it doesn't really distract from the experience at all unless you're walking or running, in which case it might irritate you. It's not that much of a problem that I felt it should be four stars - the value and build quality of these earphones are amazing. Some people also might have liked to have seen a volume remote on the cable.

Also worth mentioning is the customer service. Contacted me before and after I received the product and they value after-sales service highly, which is great to see. Oh, and you also get sweets in the package, which is always a bonus!

Thoroughly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound, great build quality, minor flaws. Not the best value at full price. Amazing at the sale price., 16 Jan 2014
For those thinking about buying these earphones, i thought i'd fill in a few gaps in the product info as well as giving an opinion on the product.

Mediadevil are a great company to purchase from (i've bought plenty of stuff from them now) but their info on this product was scant. This is what you get for your money:

Package Contents:
the earphones
a small drawstring carry bag (big enough to fit an ipod nano plus 'phones)
three sets of silicone earbuds to fit different ear sizes
A totally inadequate set of instructions on a small sheet of paper - no more than a few paragrpahs.
No info regarding the guarantee (it is 1 year i think). No care instructions.

having had a pair of Jays earphones previously (which came with 2 - year guarantee, lots of different earbuds including foam ones, filters, cable splitters for use on planes and a better carry case, i regard the package as fairly miserly

Practicality:
The cable is a braided fabric (or possibly kevlar) one and is easy to untangle. Mediadevil's claims that it is "anti-tangle" are wishful thinking however.
The cable is too long for many situations (1.2 m) and leaves a lot of excess flapping around when on the move. this creates some noise from cable rub though it is not too intrusive.
The built in control button will let you take phone calls and skip/fast forward tracks. It does not include volume control which is a shame.
I got a good fit with the earbuds provided but it's not guaranteed for everybody - more sizes shoudl be supplied in my opinion. Noise isolation is very good with the correct fit.

Build quality:
In a word - fantastic.
The wood and metal finish is really classy, seems durable and every set should be unique. The cable looks tough and is attached robustly to the earphones and the gold - plated plug (which is angled, rather than sticking straight out of your device - nice touch)

Sound quality:
Absolutely superb.

There is ample bass with really crystal clear mid and treble that altogether makes the music sound sensational. The sound quality overall is phenomenal unlike some (such as my old Jays that i now realised sounded muddy and almost cramped by comparison, if that makes sense - and they were pretty good) and i've noticed that i can hear lots of detail in my music that i could not before.

Overall: If you want great sound quality and something different / unique and are prepared to forgive the minor shortcomings then these are for you..... but i can only really recommend them at the offer price of 30 (or less if you buy a screenprotector as well).

At 60 these would not be great value in my opinion as there are lots of great 'phones at this price that offer more for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 4 April 2014
In spite of some very positive reviews before mine I did remain a little skeptical as I held a belief that really decent 'phones weren't available for less than 50, but my faves had just broken and I was desperate for a new pair - I am truly overjoyed at how good these are.

Not only are they quirky and beautiful - the audio quality is absolutely brilliant, so deep, and despite the tips being pretty identical to most of the others on the market they seem to block out more background noise than anything I've owned before.

All this AND the amazing service and after sales care I've come to expect from MediaDevil!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones and service, 12 Mar 2014
I've just got these earphones and I'm really impressed with the product and the company. I decided to take a gamble with a company I hadn't heard of because other, 'household name' earphones had very mixed reviews. I'm really glad I did, because these sound great, and I've tried a variety of tracks. They fit snugly in my ears and don't fall out, and I haven't managed to tangle the wire yet which is a miracle for me. There is a bit of noise from the cord, but only a little and I can't hear it at all with music playing. Also a great service from MediaDevil - I received them the day after ordering, together with sweets (!) and the little bag they come with. Glad to have taken a punt, I will be recommending these to friends and family, especially at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best in their class, 15 Feb 2014
Truly a quality product.

I have been through a lot of in-ear cans on my old Samsung Galaxy S3. Shures, Sennheisers, Sonys and JVCs. They all sounded good too, but this is the only pair that sound right. When I first got them them they sounded a bit woolly on the bass frequencies, but now that they have 'run-in' they are gorgeous. Even with my equaliser app set to 'flat', these phones have that 'impossible' high-end combination of detail and clarity combined with effortless, relaxed warmth and depth; I can listen to them for hours without any ear fatigue at all.

Highly recommended, and at this price they leave the competition breathing dust, and they allow you to take calls too and pause the music while you do, well cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 10 Feb 2014
I have been buying plenty of gadgets from amazon for over 10 years and this is the first time I felt compelled to write a review, these earphones are that good! Ordered on Amazon UK and the item arrived at my address in Italy within 36 hours by courier with plenty of updates from mediadevil in the mean time. You get minimal cardboard packing, next to no literature, one little natural fiber pouch, 3 sets of rubbery tips but what you do get is a set of really good looking earphones that seem to shout understated quality rather than pointless bling. I tried them with some Clapton, ACDC and Glitch mob and they sounded great just out of the box. As the medium tips fitted well I got good bass straight away, good clarity in the higher ranges and lovely full, warm sound, on android 4.3 the control button works as it is supposed to. Took them for some vigorous rollerblading and they did not get dislodged. The cord is not prone to tangle too much, it does transmit some grating when drawn across clothing but noticeable only at very low volume. Will need more time to run the phones in and try them with a wider spectrum of music but so far I would rate them the best value for money set of in ear phones so far. If their durability is as good as their performance I would be happy to never look for a different set of in ear phones ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 2 Dec 2013
Another great product from MediaDevil!

The wrapped cable, for me, is one of the best bits. I get so tired of trying to untangle headphones. Tonight, for example, I took these out of the storage bag (where I'd hastily just shoved them a few days ago) and I didn't have to spend two or three minutes untangling them, I just gave them a bit of a shake and they were ready to go. The cable is also a good length and feels really solid. I don't feel like I'm going to wreck the fine wires in the earpieces if I have to yank them out of my ears quickly (or, as is more likely, one of the cats crawls into my lap and takes the wire with him when he jumps back down). The cable-mounted pause-restart-skip button (which is also the mic) is very useful, too, especially when I'm using them at work and someone pops into my office. It works great on both my iPhone 5 and iPod Nano (6th Gen). I don't often listen to music, but with spoken word (audiobooks) they're fantastic. Also, and I'm sure this is just me, but... I have REALLY small ear canals. I always have to use the smallest earpieces and, with most other in-ear headphones, even then they're usually a bit uncomfortable after about an hour. I've been wearing these with the smallest earpieces for nearly four hours tonight (new Terry Pratchett audiobook!) and so far, no discomfort. They're worth the price for that alone, in my opinion!

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be 4.5 if I could - Incredibly well made! - Button temperamental., 19 Dec 2013
Jack (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely astounding product. Very, very high quality.

The sound is amazing with these, not that I'm one to know, but it is definitely very clear that's for sure. The quality of the product itself too is incredibly well done also, included different size ear buds, with instructions is a welcomed addition, considering earphones always seem to fall out for me. Although I had issues with delivery (not to the fault of the company) It came in great, very professionally presented packaging and over all I was impressed.

The only problem I have with he product it the 2-click, 3-click function, which is quiet temperamental and works, but rarely. For it to be perfect, which it almost is, is for the 1,2+3 click functions to simply have their own buttons.

Other than that, for reasonably expensive earphones on my part, I think my money was well spent, just a little dissapointed in functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value for money, 22 Jun 2014
I rarely choose to review products. I am lazy, someone else would do it instead. However, I am so favourably impressed by these earphones, that I felt it was the case to share my experience.

I bought the Artisanphonics when my Beats earphones broke down. I own a Google Nexus 5, and I have purchased elsewhere their amazing matte screen covers, so I was not buying entirely in the blind. Having bought the screen covers, I received a discount code, which allowed me to get these earphones for 24. A complete steal. Shipping to Denmark was free, and the package came in a few days.

What about the product?

First of all, they come in an all-carton box. No plastic. Good environmentally friendly touch.

The wood that covers the earphones is recycled, and the company claims each piece has a different finish. I do not know how noticeable that might be, but still they look great. The cable is very long for the category, and the anti-tangle material feels solid and pleasant to the touch, although you still need to be a bit sensible when you store them. It is anti-tangle, not anti-breakage. There is a small cotton bag (which I have read somewhere to be also from recycled sources, although I cannot put my finger on it), so you can safely store the earphones. Also 4 pairs of earbuds are included. I use the ones mounted at the source, and they fit my ear perfectly (unlike my previous Beats).

The sound is amazing, especially when you consider the price (I am talking of their 29.99 price tag). Rich, full and no distortions. I listen to a lot of rock, metal and electronic music, and bass sounds are great. Only this particular makes them, to my ears, immensely better than the Beats I owned before.
The microphone is in a slightly odd (for what I am used to) position, as it is placed on the left ear cable. Here in Denmark we cycle a lot, and so far it makes very easy to locate the button while cycling, without fumbling around while you should pay attention to the road. The sound quality seems very good, although I have not been trying it in very windy conditions.
The single button takes a bit of training if you, like me, are not accustomed to it, but there are some nice apps (I use HeadsetButton Controller, which you can buy for a couple of pounds on Play Store - even adding the cost of this to the earphones, the overall price is still incredible) to configure even complex clicking patterns. I was a bit concerned about the volume regulation, but I like the incremental control.

So, to conclude, I am extremely happy with my purchase. These Artisanphonics are an excellent product, and you get an amazing bang:buck ratio. Furthermore, the guys at Mediadevil are ridiculously nice (and they send you candy in the package), so I am twice as happy to support a small company that works with dedication. Well done!