5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good ! A bargain at this price.
I've had this tablet for a month or so now, having been sceptical about tabs for years and thinking I would probably never use one even if I had one. I was also seriously worried, having bought someone a non-mainstream-branded and disappointing Android tablet as a gift a while ago, that it would feel cheap, have a poor screen, and be slow, compared with the undeniably...
Published 17 months ago by Chris Garlick

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Value
I'll echo the other comments about the audio - annoyingly quiet even at full volume. It also, straight out of the box, struggled to view web pages with no new apps installed, temporarily freezing regularly as it tried to render pages. I also doubt the claim that it is running Android 4.2.2. It flashed a Linux logo when I first turned it on, and it looks more like a patch...
Published 10 months ago by Martin Watson

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Rooted device that doesn't work with Sky Go Tablet App. Terrible, terrible sound. Otherwise ok., 15 April 2014
I. Andrews (Somerset, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoostorm Q6010 10.1-inch Tablet PC (ARM Cortex A9 Quad Core 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, Android OS, v4.2.2) (Personal Computers)
After reading reviews and seeing the price of the Q6010 (£135) I decided to give it a try and see if the good and bad said about it was true. I was basically looking for the cheapest quad core with 2gb ram tablet I could find and this was really the only contender I found on Amazon.

The brief use I had of it was a fast and stable performance however something’s put me off ultimately keeping it. I had tried asking a question before I brought it, about if it supported the Sky Go Tablet App as I’m a sky customer and would want this app to work with any new tablet I brought. Having gotten a firm ‘Yes’ it did on the first reply it pushed me over the edge enough to click the buy button. Only a few hours later did I check the additional replies to see some people were saying no, along with some others saying yes so that turned out to not be very helpful.

Getting the device in my hands I went straight to the play store and tried using the sky go tablet app. It installed and loaded but once I signed in it told me the device was rooted and wouldn’t work. At that point I was pretty sure I would be sending it back unless everything else was somehow amazing about it.

The only thing amazing about it is how the tablet manufacture thinks anyone would hear the quiet, tinny sound coming from the speakers on full volume. It’s pathetic. If the sky app had worked it still wouldn’t have matter since I wouldn’t be able to hear it play anything. I had read the other reviews about the sound being quiet but I’d hoped it was a personal preference kind of thing and they were used to other devices simply with better sound. Now I know that’s not the case. I’ve brought better speakers for £1.99 at a market stall with 1 speaker not working that sounded better then what this tablet can produce.

The tablet is perfectly capable from a system spec point of view and I found it responsive and fast to load apps and accept input putting the quad core and 2gb to good use. It’s just a crying shame the main app I wanted to work with it doesn’t and the sound is practically non-existent. If all you want is the quad core and 2gb ram spec like for example to use it as an eBook reader then it I’d say it’s worth getting for the price and spec given. However if you want to use the speakers or want tricky apps that don’t work on rooted device to work you need to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tablet!!, 17 April 2014
I had read a lot of the other reviews on here before purchasing this tablet - and as we have a Zoostorm PC and personal experience of Zoostorms excellent customer service we decided to buy this.
It came out of the box near enough fully charged and from turning it on I was very impressed. It is very responsive and extremely fast online. I had connected to my WIFI within a matter of seconds and had downloaded anti-virus software within a minute. The camera is extremely fast taking nice crisp, clean pictures.
It has an HDMI connection, card reader, mini usb (my phone usb cable fits this) and earphone connection.
A few people have mentioned the lack of sound on this tablet and it is poor as far as volume goes - good quality but poor volume. I connected some earphones and it was fine and also with mini speakers. As I do not use the volume that often on it this was not a big thing for me to be fair.
The battery life is outstanding. From 10am when it was delivered to 6am the following morning it still had 45% battery. The WIFI was connected throughout and it had been used for general browsing, a few videos on you tube and Kindle was also on all night - so it was idle overnight - but this did not appear to deplete the battery in massive amounts. My daughter - a confirmed 'everything must be Apple' freak said it was better than hers for resposiveness and camera and battery life.

Overall for the money, I do not see how you could get better!!

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price this is MEGA!, 10 Dec. 2014
for the record this tablet IS compatible with Google Play store! people would learn this as soon as they connect to WiFi and you get a pop up telling you there is an update. its only 8MB.

got my tablet on a black Friday deal :D so to have a 10" tablet with 2GB ram anda resolution of 1280x800 being run by a 1.6Ghz quad for £80 is fantastic!

yes the speakers are poo and no USB charging but these are minor downsides that are over shadowed by the positives. look at similar spec tablets and you'll see how much of a bargain this is. I've had 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill., 4 Jan. 2014
Wife wanted this tablet.
She thinks it is great. And even I'm impressed with it.
For the price I very much doubt you would better this tablet.

Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 14 Mar. 2014
these are excellent however you will need to buy a brand memory card such as sandisk. help desk are brill.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Buy cheap - Buy Twice", 6 Feb. 2015
As the saying goes . "Buy cheap - Buy Twice"

Bought this as a present ( not from amazon I may add) for my mother who is a real techno-phobe .
First broke within 3 weeks of light use - the screen touch sensor died. - "A known fault for the batch" apparently
(returned and repaired)
Its still working but audio volume is non existant. It really is terrible. The loudest you can get is a whisper. forget about buying an amp/ external speaker As the headphone setting is so quiet that the amp cannot amplify the signal.
Battery life pretty much to be expected in such a cheap machine - poor . and charging is slow and intermittent.
Screen turns off whenever it feels like it.
Its fine as a very basic web browser but nothing else except maybe a drinks coaster.
Needless to say have bought her a replacement lenovo A10 and she now has a tablet that can be used.

My advice avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 14 April 2014
great connectivity,quad core and 2 gb of ram,plus 16 gb onboard storage,hard to find as good a tablet for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 April 2014
Arrived on time, well packed. Brilliant screen superb value for money. Excellent build quality, I would recommend this product to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value !, 18 Mar. 2014
decided to buy this despite my qualms about it beig so cheap, but other reviews persuaded me. It is fantastic value - no
different from my kids' more expensive tablets. my husband loves it and he's buying me one for our fortieth anniversary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality I'm afraid, 12 May 2014
This proved not to be a good buy. The first one had to be returned when the charging socket broke after 5 weeks. It's an old design and not a micro USB. The replacement wasn't much better. It kept overheating and resetting itself back to day one configuration so I returned it for a refund.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›