1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Blues, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Midnight Blue (Audio CD)
This is the first album that I have listened to from this artist. I was not disappointed in my research I discovered that he lives in Atlanta was very influenced by the British invasion of the USA when we took the blues back across the pond. I think this is evident when you listen to this album.

Very good start, the first track 'If the River Keeps Rising' starts quietly before speeding up to a tempo that is maintained for most of the rest of the album. It features a combination of both acoustic and electric guitar with a compulsive back beat and is quite a topical track if you have been in the UK for the last few weeks! Its a blues / rock album in the style of Chris Rea but one of the tracks 'See No Harm' track 5 is blues in the early Fleetwood Mac mode with Peter Green at the helm.

It was very easy to get lost in this album, it's able to take you on a journey the title is atmospheric and the whole album comes together very well. I recommend this and will have to have a look at Tinsley's back catalogue.

ARRAY(0xae000f0c)

Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue by Tinsley Ellis (Audio CD - 2014)