on 29 October 2014
My eldest boy had one of these over 10 years ago and it was solid and robust and it lasted for years without any damage even when dropped &c. As the original one appears now to have got lost in a housemove, and knowing how much our eldest loved playing with it, we bought this (and the corresponding 'dragon boat') for our 4-year old's birthday. Upon unpacking it we were instantly and profoundly disappointed. While it looked identical to the 10 year old one, it is instead made of quite thin and brittle plastics in our view and even while trying to assemble my wife (who is much more gentle than I) ended up with a finger going through some plastic. We note it is stated to be suitable for 3yrs upwards, but are surprised as the broken brittle plastic seems quite sharp when broken. Presumably it must be sufficiently safe, but either way, it is nothing like as robust as we would expect a children's toy. Other people have commented that the arms fall off the figures, which is definitely true, though in our case it was the least of our concerns.
on 23 September 2015
Firstly the Jolly Roger was just a red flag another sails had no skull and crossbones on, so it wasn't a pirate ship, it was just a ship. The boat, when moved is supposed to have a wave like movement, it doesn't.
When my 13 year old son put it together for my daughter, 3 pieces of the railings snapped. All pieces of railing and one piece of rigging have since snapped while my daughter has played with it (she's had it 3 days). While she still enjoys playing with it I thought it would last a little longer.
on 8 July 2015
Opened today for son's birthday. Back gate part of ship is broken and the little figures fell apart immediately! Whole thing is so flimsy it's going to need a ton of superglue to hold together before letting a 4 year old play with it! Not impressed at all :(
on 12 March 2014
I had read the previous reviews on this pirate ship but decided to go with it anyway. As some previous reviews said, It was only packaged in a black binliner but thankfully arrived in good condition.
When my husband put it together he discovered that one of the railings that goes around the deck didn't fir due to there being 2 pieces exactly the same instead of opposites to fit in either end. The arms have fallen off several of the pirates already. To be honest, I only bought it because my children are 2 years old and I knew that they wouldn't really notice if the pirates had arms etc.. or not. They do really enjoy playing with it.
on 2 July 2015
Do not buy this i bought this for my work as i work in a nursery very poor quality half of the stuff broke very crappy plastic not very resilient to say its a childs toy and those pirates that come with it are a poor excuse they fell to pieces and all the arms and legs fell off never buy again
on 26 December 2014
I ordered this for my 5 year old grandson for Christmas.The arms keep falling off the figures and it was difficult to put together as there were no instructions. One of the rigging pieces has already snapped and I don't expect the rest to last long. I would not recommend this product
on 12 January 2014
It's much bigger than I expected! Easy to assemble with minimal help of adult.. My child enjoys to play with it.
Only minus: pirates figures seems easy braking, especially hands and arms keeps dropping ;))
on 8 April 2015
Absolute load of cheap plastic rubbish!!! Do not buy this if you actually want a child to play with it, the cheap flimsy plastic barely story up to the pressure of being put together as per the instructions,
on 9 January 2014
I bought this for my grandson for Christmas but was sad to be told the day after that the little people figures had fell apart but the ship was great!
on 19 November 2015
Received something that bears no resemblance to the ordered item and worth less than half the price. Avoid at all costs

See one answered question