5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 28 Aug 2014
Ms. C. Cox - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Moon (Book Three - The Ravenscliff Series) (Kindle Edition)
I can hardly believe it has been so long since the last book was published and I was so excited that the third book has come out that I've been unable to put down.

The book answers some questions about the characters but leaves a whole lot more.

Hopefully it wouldn't take another 11 years to publish the next one (I looked at the publication date on the second book that I got and it said 2003).

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Awaited, 21 April 2014
The long awaited continuation of the Ravenscliff saga lives up to every expectation I had of it. Still managing to sit firmly in the Teen category of books, Devon deals with many complex issues regarding his past, his relationship with Cecily and the need to protect his friends for the denizens of the Hellhole.

Blood Moon more deeply explores Ravenscliff's past, adding depth to characters only mentioned previously and whole new angles of the mysterious Nightwing. I loved this book, and am fervently looking forward to the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 2 Mar 2014
This is the 3rd book in the series, with (apparently) another to come.. to be honest I only started to read these as proofread for my 11 yr old daughter but I'm hooked!!

5.0 out of 5 stars omg he finally released it, 17 Feb 2014
serenity (birmingham england) - See all my reviews
I have waited since 1999 or was it 2000 for this book to release. I think in like 2005 I even got hold of his email and demanded he publish it so frustrated was I and here I am 15 years (I think) later, bored at work, and typed in random authors on amazon to see who had a book out - and I typed him in on a whim (I had given up on him) and here it all was! So excited - the best thing was that his 1st two books are still as amazing as they were way back then. The third... has been worth the wait. But it has left me wanting to know what happens next.
Very pleased, please don't wait another 15 years before printing the next one, or I will find your email and bug you again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 10 Jan 2014
This is the third book in the series, I read the first two when they come out, which was a long time age, so it's been a long wait for this book. It's got everything you would expect, and so much more. Some of your questions (if you have read the other books) get answered.... But those answers have raised more questions :), can't wait for the next book which will be out later this year. From looking at the authors site, he is planning 10 books in total.

Only bit of confusion is that the 'east wing' in the first two books is referred to as the 'west wing' in this book, but it could be a kindle issue/mistake. Didn't ruin the enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patience, 2 Jan 2014
Been waiting for this book since I was 10 nearly half my life since i picked up the first 2 books of his in a library. My patience paid off and as soon as i saw this book i bought the first 2 in the trilogy to refresh my memory. The author is just as good as he was 10 years ago and is a blast of fresh air from my past especially now that kindles have come out and anyone can write a book and put it on amazon. While this sometimes makes me want to scream it also allows for the republishing of old authors who never really made it the first time around due to bad luck and not bad writing Geoffrey Huntington is one of those authors.

His first book is free I thoroughly suggest you download it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Instalment. More please!, 15 Nov 2013
Blood Moon Review

Blood Moon is the third book in the Ravenscliff Series, a saga about a teenage sorcerer who has been orphaned and shipped off to live in a spooky cliff-side mansion. What I love most about these books is the main character himself, Devon. He's a nice guy. He's not annoying; he's intelligent, kind, charismatic and never whines. He's the sort of teenage son I'm sure many parents long for and will never get. It's the adults I find irritating. They complicate things, they lie, they hide things and they're spiteful - just like real life. I feel Devon's frustration with them. It's clear at this point that he's determined to discover his heritage no matter what the danger, so why don't they help him out? It's every child's right to know where they came from. No one would blame him if he used his powers to bang a few heads together.

I love the purity of the Ravenscliff Series. It's good old fashioned story-telling that doesn't rely heavily on romance to attract its readers. While Blood Moon does have some elements of the ol' love triangle trappings, it's insignificant when compared with the rest of the story, and what a huge story it is. My advice to anyone thinking of reading this series is PAY ATTENTION. There are lots of characters spread over several different time periods and it gets complicated. I've scratched a bald patch trying to figure out how everyone fits into Ravenscliff's mysteries.

My only real complaint is that I don't feel the reader gets enough of a payoff at the end of the book. Yes, we find out some important things, but there is a lot left hanging, a lot of questions left unanswered and situations left unresolved. I was left hollering a dramatic slow-motion `NOOOOOOOOOO!' at the end of the last chapter. Kudos for one heck of a cliffhanger, but I was disappointed that so much hadn't been resolved.

On the whole, Blood Moon is well-written. There are a few clichéd sections of dialogue, a few too many exclamation marks, and a very confusing moment when the infamous East Wing turned into the West Wing, but aside from that, the writing flowed smooth and easy, and was an absolute pleasure to read. I can't express enough how much I wish there were more books like this in our book shops. The adventure and the story are central. There's no fancy showing off with weird metaphors and page after page of the main character brooding over his terrible predicaments. Ravenscliff is pure story, pure magic, mystery and adventure. I love it because it can be read without getting an ulcer.

I can't wait for the next book. There's so much I need to know and I'm hoping there's some big answers coming. I don't know how many books are planned in this series, but I feel the Nightwing concept could allow more adventures for Devon even after his own personal mystery is wrapped up. I can't even fathom what's coming next, but I did hear a rumour about vampires...

I received a free copy of the ebook from the publisher via NetGalley. This did not alter my opinion in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, 22 Sep 2014
I've always been a great fan of these books and this one is as good as the original series, it helps unravel some of the mysteries of Ravenscliff and I eagerly anticipate the next installment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 7 Aug 2014
Love the book and whole series. Awaiting book 4

Blood Moon (Book Three - The Ravenscliff Series)