5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie at his best
This for me is Robbie Williams at his best. The big band genre suits Robbie so well and is a great companion album to his Swing While Your Winning. On this album he duets with the likes of Olly Murs and Lily Allen and the songs are a nice mix of old classics and newly written songs.
A great easy listening album.
Published 6 months ago by Dr. Nicholas P. G. Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing!
Bought the album after hearing Robbies new single, unfortunately the other tracks arent anywhere near as good, a little dissapointed, maybe it will grow on me....
Published 8 months ago by Cwiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie at his best, 11 Jan 2014
Dr. Nicholas P. G. Davies (Halifax, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Swings Both Ways (Audio CD)
A great easy listening album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening., 6 Dec 2013
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Swings Both Ways (Audio CD)
Robbie and friends in a cool relaxing album with well sung easy to listen to tracks - these sort of songs suit his voice and he obviously enjoys singing this style of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swings Both Ways (R.Williams), 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Swings Both Ways (MP3 Download)
I never used to think much of Robby to tell the truth but after listening to this album start to finish, my opinion has changed. This is a great album to buy and a one that can be played over again. (MP3 download is the way forward)

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie is back! (Not that he ever really went away...), 18 Nov 2013
B. Russell - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Robbie Williams is nothing short of genius; every year he releases a new album and every year we all think "will this be the year where he just doesn't get it right". Well the answer is No! This album is spot on - and is Robbie at his best.

What I love most about this album is the great mix of songs. You go from the soft side of Robbie in 'Go Gentle' (which provides a direct opposite to much of his prominant earlier work) to the more manic and upbeat side in 'Shine My Shoes', reminscient of the style of 'Candy' last year. The mix of tempo and style throughout the track list is great - and it means through the album we get to experience all the different sides of Robbie Williams.

One thing I will say, I'm not sure if there is any stand out song like there have been on other albums, but I'm not really sure that matters. Why settle for one amazing song when Robbie can give you 13. Plus, if Robbie's amazing voice and style on this album was not enough we are also treated to some amazing colloborations throughout - my favourites coming from Olly Murs and Lily Allen. I don't think I have seen an album, in a long time, where so many artists have wanted to have their name on it - it is a true testimant to Robbie and his impact on the music genre.

This album is a gem - and all I can do is congratulate Robbie on pulling it out of the bag once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars present, 2 April 2014
bought two as xmas present for my two daughter in laws and they absolutely loved it. They listen to it at work and love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing!, 28 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Stop Listening!!, 27 Nov 2013
Since I couldn't get in the U.S. I paid to get it from the UK and it is well worth the cost. It is different from the first which was more of the old standards. This has a few but also new material that any Robbie fan will love!! The DVD is behind the scenes video clips of filming the songs which was fun to watch. There are a few "blue" humor songs "Swing Both Ways" and "Nobody Likes A Fat Pop Star" but that is to be expected. This will be top of my playlist for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Brilliance, 18 Nov 2013
Pantheon (Boston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I loved Robbie's first swing album and looked forward to an encore. I'm so pleased he's given us one. I'm also really pleased I paid the extra couple of quid to get the deluxe version. Those extra 3 songs (Where There's Muck, 16 Tons and Wedding Bells) are among some of the best. But, if I'm honest, there isn't a duff track on the entire album.
I'd already heard Shine My Shoes and Go Gentle and they're great; but it's some of the other tracks that really stood out for me. Most notably, the simple and gentle Snowblind and the brilliant title track: Swings Both Ways. I also loved Robbie's take on If I Only Had a Brain.
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be the best album I hear all year.

If you liked his first swing album, then you should be very pleased with this release. But, do yourself a favour and buy the deluxe version! Highly recommended!!

I've now watched the bonus DVD included with the deluxe edition. It's a couple of seconds over 11 minutes!!! Basically, it's a bit of a waste of shiny silver. While it's nice to see studio/recording footage, it's not that great if it's edited (not complete songs) or just dull. Don't think I'll bother watching it again.

I'd also like to address a comment I read stating that all the 5* reviews are from die hard fans. Personally, that's not true. Most of Robbie's albums are a bit mediocre for me. I tend to love his singles. Also, Rudebox, would be in my Top 100 worst albums of all time.

My review is for THIS album and nothing else.

5.0 out of 5 stars so much fun and entertaining, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Swings Both Ways (MP3 Download)
This is the best albumn of the year for me its fun .entertaining and typically robbie
Ive listened to it so many times already .cant wait for the tour. Xx

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Cool, 30 Nov 2013
I must fess up to the fact that I don't own any Robbie albums and that my friend Julia said I simply had to listen to Swing Both Ways. Well I did and what a surprise I got. Williams has a unique singing style and very few singers are truly unique (Sinatra, Presley, Nat Cole, Dylan, Lennon, Jolson, Crosby) but as Williams voice matures it's very much improving. This isn't really so much a swing album more a great easy listening album. It will make anyone young or old a great Christmas present.

Swings Both Ways