5.0 out of 5 stars A very absorbing tale!
I knew I’d like this novel from the moment I read the blurb, it was my kind of read and it didn’t disappoint.

Published 22 days ago by KellyF

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published 3 months ago by vivienne harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars A very absorbing tale!, 29 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Paperback)

Sue’s story, past and present, is cleverly weaved through alternate chapters. I warmed to the protagonist immediately. She felt very real and three dimensional. I could see that she’d been through a lot and was intrigued to find out more about her past and how she’d resolve the mystery of her comatose daughter’s accident.

I found the plot very engaging, and I enjoyed the twists and tenterhook moments at the end of most chapters. Although the book did have a couple of humours moments, it’s essentially a psychological thriller.

This novel was recommended to me by a friend on Facebook. It’s my first Cally Taylor read and it certainly won’t be my last. Quite possibly one of the best books I’ve read this year. I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
I loved the way this was written, with the present being influenced by events in the past. Looking on from the outside it may seem strange that Susan puts up with the abuse for so long, but that is what happens unfortunately in the real world. When you are the victim logic plays no part in your decision making at times. The ending was a little abrupt, but an excellent read, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath taking!, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
When I started this book I didn't know what to expect, as I hadn't read a blurb or a review prior to reading...for a little while I was a bit lost, I hadn't put two and two together relating to the two different stories, and then when the penny dropped it was like a light bulb moment!

The last ten chapters I read on the train on the way into work and several times I audibly gasped!!!

A brilliant, brilliant book! Can't recommend it enough!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 12 May 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Paperback)
Sorry to everyone else who has reviewed this book, but it wasn't for me. Although at first it gripped my attention, I began to feel bored towards the middle. I didn't like the character Susan, and had a theory that she was imagining everything. Wrong I now know, but she is very odd. In the end I just wanted to get to the end as soon as possible, and then found the end was disappointing. Found it all rather hard to believe. Could just be me. But I do love a good book, just not this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining read, 11 July 2014
F. Thompson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's not what I normally go for but it had me gripped from the start. I can highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The accident by c.l. taylor, 28 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Could not put this book down from start to finish.
Brilliant storyline and characters. Really well thought out plot with so many unexpected twists and turns. Kept me on the edge of my seat and finished the book in one and a half days!
Such a cheap price but I have no idea why??!!!
A real bargain to snap up if you like thrillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!, 28 April 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Where do I start with this book? The synopsis really interested me, and once I started it, I literally could not put this down. The writing instantly grips you, you get sucked into the mystery. This book reminded me of 'Before I go to Sleep' by S J Watson, another book which I love, I hope 'The Accident' gets as much recognition as that one.

The story focuses on Sue's search to answer the question of why Charlotte felt so bad that she stepped out in front of a bus. The writing is absolutely superb, all the characters were great, especially Sue, you really get how she is feeling, and the rationale behind her thoughts.

Intertwined with this, are the journal entries from Sue 20 years ago, which talks about her relationship with James, and helps you understand why Sue is reacting the way she is to her current crisis. Due to this, I found myself constantly questioning if some of Sue's thoughts were just paranoia due to her past, or if she is understanding everything perfectly, when those around her don't. C L Taylor keeps you guessing, and I love it.

This book is just, simply amazing. One of my absolute favourites of all time. OK, I'll stop gushing now, just go buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, cried buckets at the end

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this very much, 14 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this very much, but would have liked it to go a bit further at the end. Well written and quite different, worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 11 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic, gripping read. I read it within 24 hours, just couldn't put it down. Well written charcters and the use of Sue's past diary entries gave depth to the story. Highly recommended!

THE ACCIDENT