5.0 out of 5 stars A very absorbing tale!
I knew I’d like this novel from the moment I read the blurb, it was my kind of read and it didn’t disappoint.

Published 1 month ago by KellyF

2.0 out of 5 stars starts off well....
I found the first half of this book quite compelling, however then it deteriorated into ridiculous. I'm not surprised that people think Sue is crazy judging by her actions for most of the book. The hospital scenario towards the end is so far fetched that it ruined any hopes of redemption. Very disappointed by the ending.
Published 3 months ago by Grainne Duffin

5.0 out of 5 stars A very absorbing tale!, 29 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Paperback)

Sue’s story, past and present, is cleverly weaved through alternate chapters. I warmed to the protagonist immediately. She felt very real and three dimensional. I could see that she’d been through a lot and was intrigued to find out more about her past and how she’d resolve the mystery of her comatose daughter’s accident.

I found the plot very engaging, and I enjoyed the twists and tenterhook moments at the end of most chapters. Although the book did have a couple of humours moments, it’s essentially a psychological thriller.

This novel was recommended to me by a friend on Facebook. It’s my first Cally Taylor read and it certainly won’t be my last. Quite possibly one of the best books I’ve read this year. I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath taking!, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
When I started this book I didn't know what to expect, as I hadn't read a blurb or a review prior to reading...for a little while I was a bit lost, I hadn't put two and two together relating to the two different stories, and then when the penny dropped it was like a light bulb moment!

The last ten chapters I read on the train on the way into work and several times I audibly gasped!!!

A brilliant, brilliant book! Can't recommend it enough!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The accident by c.l. taylor, 28 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Could not put this book down from start to finish.
Brilliant storyline and characters. Really well thought out plot with so many unexpected twists and turns. Kept me on the edge of my seat and finished the book in one and a half days!
Such a cheap price but I have no idea why??!!!
A real bargain to snap up if you like thrillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 11 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic, gripping read. I read it within 24 hours, just couldn't put it down. Well written charcters and the use of Sue's past diary entries gave depth to the story. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!, 28 April 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Where do I start with this book? The synopsis really interested me, and once I started it, I literally could not put this down. The writing instantly grips you, you get sucked into the mystery. This book reminded me of 'Before I go to Sleep' by S J Watson, another book which I love, I hope 'The Accident' gets as much recognition as that one.

The story focuses on Sue's search to answer the question of why Charlotte felt so bad that she stepped out in front of a bus. The writing is absolutely superb, all the characters were great, especially Sue, you really get how she is feeling, and the rationale behind her thoughts.

Intertwined with this, are the journal entries from Sue 20 years ago, which talks about her relationship with James, and helps you understand why Sue is reacting the way she is to her current crisis. Due to this, I found myself constantly questioning if some of Sue's thoughts were just paranoia due to her past, or if she is understanding everything perfectly, when those around her don't. C L Taylor keeps you guessing, and I love it.

This book is just, simply amazing. One of my absolute favourites of all time. OK, I'll stop gushing now, just go buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and gripping, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Paperback)
I bought this book as I was struggling to sleep and I thought having something to read a few pages of every night would ease me into a peaceful slumber, well I've had the book 3 days and I've read the whole thing. I could not put it down and after reading 3-4 chapters for 2 nights caved and read the rest today. This book is really well written in my opinion, it draws you in to the characters personalities from the first page, keeps you wanting to know more. I think it it portrays how one can be mentally manipulated so easily despite being strong and of sane mind. I will definitely be reading more from this author as I love her writing style, not to wordy but yet enough description to draw you in. I am very hard to please with books, if it isn't good from the start I struggle to get through the first few pages and it gathers dust somewhere. My only issue is now I have nothing to help me wind down for a good nights sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, cried buckets at the end

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this very much, 14 July 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this very much, but would have liked it to go a bit further at the end. Well written and quite different, worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those books you feel compelled to read just a little bit more.
Great story. Could not put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put this down. Very well written and weaves two stories together throughout the book. Looking forward to the next one.

THE ACCIDENT