Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 November 2013
Please note: This is a review of the standard single CD version, there is however a double set (Direct Hits (Super Deluxe)) available which contains *only* three extra songs: 'Mr. Brightside (Original Demo)', 'When You Were Young (Calvin Harris Remix)' and 'Be Still'.

I found it quite difficult to believe at first that The Killers have been around now for a decade, as I can still very clearly remember watching them perform 'Somebody Told Me' live on television as the song was climbing up the UK charts. I also recall rushing out to buy their debut album 'Hot Fuss', which became one of the soundtracks to my pre teen years. To celebrate this milestone, we now have 'Direct Hits', an eagerly awaited official compilation which consists of mostly just that - their greatest hits. From 'Mr. Brightside' to 'Human', there is a string of modern indie anthems on showcase.

The songs are presented in chronological order, tracks 1-4 are from the aforementioned debut, 5-7 are taken the second album 'Sam's Town' (my personal favourite), 8-10 appear on 'Day & Age', my least favourite album but 'Human' is a classic, tracks 11-13 feature on the band's brilliant fourth album 'Battle Born' (2012), and the final two tracks: 'Shot at the Night' and 'Just Another Girl', are new songs which debut on this collection.

This CD is an excellent introduction to the band's music, with well chosen tracks. My only tiny criticism is that it might have been a better choice to have included 'Bones' (from 'Sam's Town') over 'A Dustland Fairytale' ('Day & Age'), as it was a much bigger, though not necessarily superior, song. If you haven't (God forbid!) bought an album by the Killers before, then this is a good place to start. However, if you like what you hear, I do urge that you get albums one, two and four, as they all contain excellent album only tracks that were never released as singles.

Brandon Flowers is an excellent vocalist, his lyrics are filled with such emotion, and this is something which has only improved over time, and performed with a great deal of emotion. With this excellent new release, it looks as though he and his band will soon be back in the charts in time for Christmas.

Highly recommended!
on 3 March 2015
Addictive. Melodious. Spiritual. Loving. Upbeat. I just wish that there was a Killers Direct Hits II. Brandon Flowers is legendary and his input is phenomenal as he bares his soul and his subconscious thoughts within the music of this great album. Dustland Fairytale still haunts. I absolutely love this cd. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
on 30 January 2014
This is a review of the 'standard' album: I don't really know why I don't own any Killers albums, but decided to rectify the situation with the purchase of their greatest hits! This is an album that, if you like this kind of music, allows you to put it on random play, sit back and listen with the need to skip songs and/or change the album once you've heard it once (if that makes sense?!). Some of the more recognisable songs are complemented by ones that I didn't recognise so well (I am a big fan of the song 'The Way It Was', for example)
on 4 May 2014
All the best Killers hits all on one album - if you're a big fan or just looking for something to listen to in the car it's well worth it...
on 12 November 2013
totally agree with baldeagle what a rip off amazon an extra 8 quid for 3 poxy tracks when you advertised it 2and 3 weeks before it was released it said cd and dvd no dvd what a dissapointment.save your monuy folks and get the 15 track cd for £10 in your local tesco.
on 13 November 2013
Of course The Killers are amazing and this greatest hits compilation contains excellent songs but be warned I pre ordered this version a while ago as it stated it included a DVD documentary and 3 extra tracks, on release day the description changed and the DVD part was taken off, I received it today and there are only 2 bonus tracks, if I had known this I wouldn't have ordered this expensive "super deluxe" version.
on 5 March 2014
this is amazing. there are no words. if you haven't bought it already do it. its all the best killers songs on one handy CD. arranged in a sensible order - chronologically of each album with the biggest single first. perfect for the car or opening music for school assemblies or conferences or you could have it on your phone and set different songs for different ring tones/alarms (you're welcome)
just another girl and shot at the night are fabulous
its worth buying the deluxe version because its black and looks all sexy and its nice to hear how much better the final version of mr brightside is than the original demo version (+ calvin harris remix of when you were young is hot and i actually like be still)
on 14 November 2013
My husband pre-ordered this for me because I said I would like the Killers greatest hits with the DVD for Christmas. I am a Killers fan so already have most of the songs on here on my Ipod. However the promise of a DVD too was what made me ask him to buy me the more expensive super deluxe version which he did. I waited for this present for weeks and when it arrived today I was confused to say the least when it only had a CD in it. If we had been told clearly through an email that the DVD was being withdrawn, we would not have bothered pre-ordering or paying the higher price for it. This is the second time Amazon have let us down in a week as we tried to purchase something else that turned out to have been put on at the wrong price. I would like to know why the DVD was not there.
55 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2014
No Suprise really that this Album's material is excellent,from one of the best Band's to appear in the last decade,glad I bought the standard edition as the deluxe version appears to be a total rip-off. 3 extra songs(2 of em already on the existing album)is really a cheap shot at the Fans expense.I have only 2 gripes with the song selections.1. How could 'Bones' be excluded from the list ahead of 'For Reasons unknown',a bit baffling to say the least. 2.A Dustland Fairytale could of been excluded for 'The World we live in'taken from the same ablum(Day & Age)..all
a matter of opinion I suppose. Great Album anyway, a must for all Killers fans!
on 21 September 2014
Brilliant album with all the favourites x saw the tour and they are such an amazing live act that I needed the cd for my car it's been played to death!!