5.0 out of 5 stars Here's to the next ten years!
Please note: This is a review of the standard single CD version, there is however a double set (Direct Hits (Super Deluxe)) available which contains ONLY three songs: 'Mr. Brightside (Original Demo)', 'When You Were Young (Calvin Harris Remix)' and 'Be Still'.

Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars the killers direct hits super deluxe
totally agree with baldeagle what a rip off amazon an extra 8 quid for 3 poxy tracks when you advertised it 2and 3 weeks before it was released it said cd and dvd no dvd what a dissapointment.save your monuy folks and get the 15 track cd for £10 in your local tesco.
Published 11 months ago by vegasman

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's to the next ten years!, 11 Nov 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Direct Hits (Standard) (Audio CD)

I found it quite difficult to believe at first that The Killers have been around for a decade, as I can still very clearly remember watching them perform 'Somebody Told Me' live on television as the song was climbing up the UK charts. I also recall rushing out to buy their debut album 'Hot Fuss', which became the soundtrack to my pre teen years. To celebrate this milestone, we now have 'Direct Hits', an eagerly awaited official compilation which consists of mostly just that - their greatest hits.

The songs are presented in chronological order, tracks 1-4 are from the aforementioned debut, 5-7 are taken the second album 'Sam's Town' (my personal favourite), 8-10 appear on 'Day & Age', my least favourite album but 'Human' is a classic, tracks 11-13 feature on the band's brilliant fourth album 'Battle Born' (2012), and the final two tracks: 'Shot at the Night' and 'Just Another Girl', are new songs which debut on this collection.

This CD is an excellent introduction to the band's music, with well chosen tracks. My only tiny criticism is that I would have preferred to have had 'Bones' (from 'Sam's Town') over 'A Dustland Fairytale' ('Day & Age'), it was a bigger hit and a superior song. If you haven't (God forbid!) bought an album by the Killers before, this is a good place to start. However, if you like what you hear, I do urge that you get albums one, two and four, as they all contain excellent album only tracks that were never released as singles.

Brandon Flowers is an excellent vocalist, his lyrics are filled with such emotion, and this is something which has only improved over time. With this excellent new release, it looks like he and his band will soon be back in the charts in time for Christmas.

Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars the killers direct hits super deluxe, 12 Nov 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars No DVD, what a disappointment., 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Direct Hits (Audio CD)
My husband pre-ordered this for me because I said I would like the Killers greatest hits with the DVD for Christmas. I am a Killers fan so already have most of the songs on here on my Ipod. However the promise of a DVD too was what made me ask him to buy me the more expensive super deluxe version which he did. I waited for this present for weeks and when it arrived today I was confused to say the least when it only had a CD in it. If we had been told clearly through an email that the DVD was being withdrawn, we would not have bothered pre-ordering or paying the higher price for it. This is the second time Amazon have let us down in a week as we tried to purchase something else that turned out to have been put on at the wrong price. I would like to know why the DVD was not there.

5.0 out of 5 stars description doesn't match item, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Direct Hits (Audio CD)
Of course The Killers are amazing and this greatest hits compilation contains excellent songs but be warned I pre ordered this version a while ago as it stated it included a DVD documentary and 3 extra tracks, on release day the description changed and the DVD part was taken off, I received it today and there are only 2 bonus tracks, if I had known this I wouldn't have ordered this expensive "super deluxe" version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Direct Hits (Audio CD)
Bought this as a gift for my step father. Not a massive Killers fan myself, but this neatly puts all of the good stuff onto one album, and I have quite enjoyed the free download version of it that I got. Bonus!

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 extra tracks rip off., 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Direct Hits (Audio CD)
super deluxe version eh? 3 extra tracks only. no dvd. total rip off. 8 extra quid. totally not worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Direct Hits (Standard) (Audio CD)
All the best Killers hits all on one album - if you're a big fan or just looking for something to listen to in the car it's well worth it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Direct Hits (Audio CD)
Love the Killers and this CD is great, recommend.
Great to listen to in your car on a hot summers day, driving along

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Direct Hits (Audio CD)
Bought for my boyfriend for his birthday. Nothing better than blasting this out the car on a hot summer's day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top album, 14 July 2014