This sampler put out by American indie rock label Relapse Records is a good strong selection of Heavy Rock. This is currently free and is a good introduction to some of these bands, if you have never heard of them before, although if you haven't heard them but read 'Kerrang' magazine chances are you have seen mention of the groups themselves.

I like something heavy to really wake me up if I have to be somewhere early, and when I used to do very early shifts it really helped when I was driving into work, also this kind of music can be helpful in releasing your aggression, and calming you down. On this sampler you do have a variety of different Heavy Rock sub-genres, and so you aren't stuck with just one type of rock. I feel I should point out that track 3 'Orchard' by Windhand does not stick at the end, I know it may sound a bit like it, but trust me; it is just a long riff.

In all I will readily admit this isn't for everyone, but if you like Heavy Rock then whilst this is free it is worth giving it a go.
on 16 December 2013
Though not all of the tracks are to my particular liking, this is a cracker of a sampler album and the musicianship of the various outfits included is of a high order. Production and sound are great.

Top stuff. Long may they rock.
on 10 December 2013
I really must be getting old as I like all sorts of music from a bit of classical to punk to hard/soft rock, even the odd screamo.
But really couldn't get anything from this. kept on trying the next track ( but as said must be getting old ), next track just sounded like the previous.
Sorry cant be more constructive but couldn't listen to tracks for too long.
Definitely one to listen to samples before downloading/ purchasing.
on 21 February 2014
Over the years I've purchased many albums from artists on relapse and this CD showcases the diversity of the label.
It won't be to everyone's taste - as you can see in some of the other reviews, but if you like heavy and alternative music you'll probably love this.
This CD has introduced me to some remarkable new bands and i'm really glad I downloaded it!
on 6 December 2013
Awesome! Thank you for the free download, a good way to start the holiday of giving. Please share more of reggae music too
on 11 January 2014
this comes down to taste but to be honest; any album with good production of this quality is worth listening to.
on 21 December 2013
A bit too much grung for my taste. Price was good and a reasonable way for new groups to get known.
on 5 December 2013
very tinny overly loud not really my type of music but first for my new fire HD sound is good
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2013
What a loathsome racket. Was attracted by the 'price' & the cover, so I've got no-one to blame but myself!
on 17 August 2014